Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plotbunnies, Pastebin, and Wishlist Thread #2
RE: Plotbunnies, Pastebin, and Wishlist Thread #2
"HAL and Uiharu are busy holding off the enemy's cyber attacks. And as long as that firewall is intact, we can't counterattack."

"I've got one thing to say about that firewall," Ralph replied. "I'm gonna wreck it!"
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
This post should've been here. I think my brain is rotting

---

See: http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/s...#pid222608

This may be another place where a random portal would be a useful thing.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
Amazing what one finds in a dictionary sometimes...

"I swear, everybody at Hogwarts is insane. Or a conspiracy theorist. No, wait, I'm repeating myself there."

Rob raised an eyebrow. "How do you figure that, Hyoga? The insanity part, I mean."

"Every single one of them, down to the youngest first-year student, insists on hiding from refrigerated cargo vehicles. They even have a law about it."

Now Rob looked puzzled. "They're hiding from reefers?"

"Yes! Although they usually use the other slang name, muggles."
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
<rimshot>
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Reefer madness, I tell you!
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
If somebody's still planning to drive Route 66, they can debate whether this is a roadside attraction or a hotel while driving through Arizona.

Well, obviously it's both.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
"We're the Okanoue Girls' School Biking Club!"

"What, you go to buffets, try their food, and give them reviews?"

"No, that's the Okanoue Girls' School Viking Club. Besides, they only go to buffets that serve SPAM. We go out and see the world!"

"On foot?"

"No, that's the Hiking club. We ride motorcycles!"

"Let's just call ourselves the Motorcycle Club."
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
We've secretly replaced Steel Angel Kurumi with Nuku-Nuku, and vice-versa. Let's see whether anyone notices.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(06-19-2024, 01:14 PM)In GenChat, Bob Schroeck Wrote: New monolith in Nevada

Quote:Monoliths similar to the one in Nevada appeared in different locations around the world about four years ago, including one in the Utah desert.

That one left local authorities baffled after it was discovered by a helicopter pilot flying overhead in November 2020.

Another one was found in Romania around the same time, as was one in California and on the Isle of Wight in the English Channel.

"Washuu-chan..."

"I swear I'm not doing it!"
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
It's such a pity that my current plans are to have Ryoga Hibiki wander around "Lovecraft Country" with the occasional visit to New Jersey. That means he doesn't get to visit Santa Carla, California, setting of The Lost Boys.

Of course, there's no reason why somebody else couldn't have him wander that far from Nova Scotia...
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
"One thing about living in Nerima I never could stomach; all the damn martial artists."
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
(07-01-2024, 09:57 AM)robkelk Wrote: It's such a pity that my current plans are to have Ryoga Hibiki wander around "Lovecraft Country" with the occasional visit to New Jersey. That means he doesn't get to visit Santa Carla, California, setting of The Lost Boys.

Of course, there's no reason why somebody else couldn't have him wander that far from Nova Scotia...

...Depends on which variant of Ryoga, and how epic his ability of getting lost is. Some versions could make that sort of traversal looking for the bathroom..
(07-03-2024, 04:09 PM)Vulpis Wrote:
(07-01-2024, 09:57 AM)robkelk Wrote: It's such a pity that my current plans are to have Ryoga Hibiki wander around "Lovecraft Country" with the occasional visit to New Jersey. That means he doesn't get to visit Santa Carla, California, setting of The Lost Boys.

...Depends on which variant of Ryoga, and how epic his ability of getting lost is. Some versions could make that sort of traversal looking for the bathroom..

The version in this story.

Changing residences...

"It's the red string of fate. My hands are tied."

"Don't you mean 'your hearts are tied', Minako?"

"No, my hands are tied. There's nothing that the Senshi of Love can do about your relationship."
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I must really like Azusa Nakano as a character – I keep coming up with ways to put her through the emotional wringer.

While fixing formatting errors on the All The Tropes page for The Beatles, I realized something that would really freak out Azusa: Having Yui sing "I Saw Her Standing There" to her.

(In case you've forgotten the lyrics, they start, "Well, she was just 17, You know what I mean, And the way she looked was way beyond compare")
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Quoting from DesertUSA: 5 Cryptic Icons of the Southwest

Quote:... Venus, the sacred body that the Mayans associated with Quetzalcoatl.

Does this mean that Minako should wear a feathered boa?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(Ideas come from everywhere. In this case, it came from Merriam-Webster's Word of the Day. We can't do this now, but the displacees could do it in 2016...)

"I want to see if I can talk them down on the price of a fur coat," Tomo said.

Brent looked at her incredulously. "You want to visit Dicker and Dicker ... to dicker?"

"Why not?" Tomo was surprised that Sonomi of all people would take her side. "Never pay the list price for a luxury item."

"Besides, it's in their name, so we have to!"

Brent decided that quoting John McClane was the best course of action. "Fine, fine, whatever. As long as you can afford it."

"I was hoping you'd pay for it."

"We're still buying fridges and stoves for the apartments. Buy your own coat."
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Not often that I recommend a tribute band, but these folks are so close that I had to double-check that none of them were the originals.

Non-embedded

Looks like they're based out of Atlanta, and were already active when the Grand Imperial Theatre showed up in Refuge... so they could be somebody who Steve Roche takes his students to see in order to ease them into 20th-century music.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Woah. That's spooky. If I had come across that on an audio-only channel, I would have sworn it was Stevie Nicks singing.

EDIT: We should probably give Steve a longer version of the little speech Doug gives Moaning Myrtle in chapter 5 (still under construction) of DW8:

Quote:"*That's* what's popular now?" she demanded, lifting transparent
hands from over transparent ears after it ended.

"Not universally," I admitted ... "Music in the Muggle world got wildly
diversified starting in the early 1960s. By the late 1970s there
were easily dozens of musical genres, each with their own
subgenres and devoted fans, and while it's slowed down a bit, it
hasn't actually stopped."
-- Bob

Is anyone here familiar with The Dark Tower?

When I originally started Yours Truly 2032 - (Where Meg is from) - about 14 years ago, it was sort of mulched with little bits from The Dark Tower which I was reading on the 19 bus at the time. An artifact from the series corrupted Mason, and something familiar with the series was needed to solve it.

The core idea is at the centre of the multiverse there is a Dark Tower which supports the beams that support reality - or something like that. Ultimately keeping the forces of darkness away from reality. It messed with ideas of transfictionality - including featuring Stephen King as a character - along with the person who ran him over. It was a very unique series.

At some point in the past, man grew proud and replaced with magical items supported the universe with technological ones --- which are now running down as the world as moved on.

I'm not quite sure what I'm farting on about.

Maybe,
Yggdrasil governs the multiverse
The Dark Tower protects it.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

Don't know enough King to comment intelligently, sorry.

Shifting gears somewhat...

"So, who's in your all-girl megaband?"

"Sachi's on first bass, Mio's on second bass, Jun's on third bass..."

"If you're expecting to start an Abbott and Costello routine, you need a better setup than that."
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(08-11-2024, 01:03 PM)robkelk Wrote: Don't know enough King to comment intelligently, sorry.

This is my problem as well.  I know The Dark Tower mainly through reading articles on the trope wikis, because apparently it's troperriffic.  And I had thought on my own about including it, or at least Stephen King in the story.  But the main problem is that I haven't read any of his books, and don't really want to.  I really like him as a person, when I see him in interviews, and he seems really intelligent and creative.  But based on the few movies of his books that I've seen, there's a lot of exploration of the darker parts of human nature that I'm just not interested in.

Which is all very frustrating because if parts of fiction started getting incorporated into reality, Stephen King would be among the first people to notice.  So in not writing about him, we lose some verisimilitude.
I'll figure out how to slip a bit of King in....

Eventually.

Also Rabbit of the Moon

Something that we've been kicking around for a while, but this is the first actual scene any of us have written for it. If only Mulder and Scully knew enough to ask the Jack of Kinrowan about these nine riders...

Fox picked up the latest police report and read a paragraph from it. "'Dashboard camera footage shows that the victims' car was run off the road by two Ford F-150 pickup trucks. The drivers of the trucks then got out of their vehicles and shot both victims, claiming that this was the treatment that they thought a mixed-race couple deserved. The shooters then returned to their vehicles and left the scene of the crime. Three minutes after that, a group of nine motorcyclists dressed in black and riding black Harley-Davidson Softail motorcycles stopped at the scene, without dismounting from their motorcycles. The female victim asked for their help, succumbing to her wounds while doing so. One of the riders looked at the dashboard camera for exactly a half minute, withdrew what appeared to be a hunting horn from his pocket, and sounded a single note on the horn. All nine of the riders then drove off in the same direction as the shooters. The bodies of the shooters were discovered in the burnt-out shells of their trucks the following morning.'"

"What makes this an X-File, Mulder?"

"Isn't it obvious, Scully? The riders knew who to go after without having seen the dashcam footage. How could they do that without paranormal powers of some sort?"

Dana frowned. "If you're right, then there's a group of metahuman vigilantes out there."
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
A line that I don't remember adding to my dev notes, but I found there anyway...

Usagi is a cute girl who can be hot when she tries. Minako is a hot girl who can be cute when she tries.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Chibiusa, Medusa, and Ascot start a pegasus riding club.