Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RWBY Volume Nine
RE: RWBY Volume Nine
...and nearly a year and a half later, I've stumbled over this: an animatic of the original ending for volume 9, which would have been the episode after the girls and Jaune leave the Everafter. It's got what sounds like a complete soundtrack with music and sound effects, but they didn't animate it because of budget and time issues. According to the intro, this material may show up in some form in Volume 10 when/if it's made (and apparently Viz is wanting to see production continue, so at the moment at least it's more than "if" but not quite "when"). Anyway, here you are -- a surprise extra "episode" of RWBY:

-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
And how did I miss this? RWBY Volume 9: Beyond, AKA RWBY Beyond, a series of shorts released earlier this year and abruptly stopped at four episodes when Rooster Teeth shut down.

-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Yeah, they weren't finished when the shutdown was announced, so their access to voice actors was limited, hence the kind of scattershot nature of them. I do like that, until Viz continues with Volume 10, the last canon scene of the show is Ruby and Yang simply having sisterly bonding and working through some of the miscommunications that led to pain.