Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016-11-19: Bunny Who?
2016-11-19: Bunny Who?
Blossom Apartments, Ottawa, Ontario
November 19, 2016

"I want to be an actress when I grow up!"

Rob smiled. Last week, Chibiusa wanted to grow up to be a nurse. The week before, she wanted to be Prime Minister... until Rei (the Senshi, not the Misaka Sister) pointed out that Usagi was going to be Queen, so she'd be working for her mother. "Why an actress?"

"Because I can pretend to be everything I want to grow up to be," she replied matter-of-factly.

"That makes sense. But some actresses do specialize in particular kinds of roles."

Minako turned from her conversation with Niiko to look at Rob and Chibiusa. "That's called 'typecasting'," she commented.

"Maybe I should be typecast!" Chibiusa shot back. "People keep telling me that I have the right name for it."

Rob was puzzled by her remark - what happened to being able to play any role? Niiko didn't seem to know what Chibiusa was talking about either, although it was difficult at the best of times to guess how any of the Misaka Sisters reacted to things. Minako, on the other hand, seemed to know exactly what Chibiusa was talking about. "In that case, I'll help you learn how to act, but you'll need to get somebody else to help you with the martial arts."

"Makoto-oneesan could help me there."

"If you ask her politely, maybe she would," Minako replied.

"Oh, Niiko finally understands, Niiko says. Niiko can help teach you how to use a pistol, Niiko offers in friendship."

Chibiusa grinned. "Yeah, that'll help. Thanks, Niiko-neesan!"

"I'm not that much older than you are, Niiko complains under her breath."

Then it finally hit Rob. He was so used to thinking of Usagi Small Lady Serenity as "Chibiusa" that he'd all but forgotten that the name on the ID Belldandy had provided for her was "Usagi Chiba" ... or, in English, Bunny. Of course she had the right name to become an actress specializing in martial-arts movies. "If that's what you want to do with your life, I'm sure that we'll all support you. Just remember that it'll take a lot of work to succeed."

"I'm not lazy like my mother was when she was my age," Chibiusa replied. "I know it'll take a lot of work to succeed at anything."
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: 2016-11-19: Bunny Who?
Not the Bunny I initially thought off...

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.