Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ooh, wild idea...
Ooh, wild idea...
Dough lands in the world of Dai-Guard... and his interdimensional arrival registers as a Heterodyne... and in fact gathers an elemental charge, attracting a whole damn lot of whatever he has the most affinity for - probably water, given how he tends to adapt his responses to whatever situation he finds himself in - and wakes from his post-transit blackout to find a super robot pulling an arm back to run him through with a drill arm... I dunno what really could o from there, my fundage for buying DVDS ran out after I got the third one in that series, which really pisses me off, since it was shaping up to be all the things I thought I would like about Evangelion before I actually saw Evangelion... insert Standard Rant #38 (Why Evangelion is an abomination that defiled my DVD drive just by being inserted) here.
- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Re: Ooh, wild idea...
Sounds fun!
Now, Doug tends to do a Gate while on his bike...
Does that effect the shape that forms around him?
[grin]
Just asking...
(Pick one of the more silly meca from Project A-ko???)
--
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous" - Hawkwind
You know, if I had seen any Dai-Guard, this would make sense to me...
(The local Blockbuster has it, but not the first disk, and I'm loath to start a series in the middle...)

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
I saw the first couple episodes on cartoon network when they did "Giant Robot Week", and it's been on my "look for" list since. I can tell that the "officials" are gonna drive me nuts like they did in EVA, but at least the tone of the show is much better. I get the feeling that Dai-Guard and its crew succeed in spite of the official stupidity, rather than the official stupidity succeeding _to_ spite the viewer... Smile
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At LargeDrunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
Quote:
You know, if I had seen any Dai-Guard, this would make sense to me...
Well, there's pretty much no spoiling worse in the explanation than there was in the idea and EPU's Knights of Avalon, so I can probably lay it out... Well, with the first five or ten minutes of Ep one background info added on too.
DaiGuard, as you probably know from EPU, is a 200 or 300 ft 'super robot' style mecha... assuming you build super robots with a protoytpe Gundam mindset (the lead on for a mass production series) built after a giant mosnter attack years ago, but when no more monsters attacked it was sold off to private industry and became a publicity tool, under authority of the Marketing Department. (A similarity to Shineman that I hadn't noticed until just now - except Right Trading calls it Sales Department) The giant monsters are called Heterodynes, and are a collection of some one of the classical elements (well, anime elements - a couple of them seem to be Electricity Elementals or something later on...) gathered around a shiny hexagonal plate of a some coor or other. These plates era either created by the accumulated energies of a dimensional interpenetration, or pass ed through one from the other side - I haven't seen enough myself to know if theres some sinister purpose behind them, but it would be a suprise if there weren't. The robot is old and, at first, barely able to throw a punch without breaking... and at least once, the Young Hothead makes use of this to ... well, all I'll say is he throws the punch better that way. It's really fun, and the theme song is catchy. I don't know that it would be a power song, if it was it would probably be flight, but it had me singing along by the third episode, which I don't normally do.
Heh.. the Shinesman theme is one of the others I sing to.... how can you not sing along witha song about defending world at any time, even on weekends, becuase it's always overtime pay when the Pro-Suit goes on? It's even got one in my favorite color already... which leads me to wonder, when Hiryoya was asked what the best color for a superhero was, were they seeing if he'd guess right, or (since he's told it's a suit made just for him) finding out what color to use when they'd already decided he was being put on the Shineman team. The latter seems to be what the suggestion is, but the time between when he leaves the interview and arrives at the secret HQ level is pretty short for it to have been painted and be dry, even if they'd built it ahead of time after background checks, prliminary meetings, or something similar. ("Meet me at the company gym, we'll talk," springs to mindas a plausible off-camera preliminary meeting...)
- CD, Of course, my attitude matches Shinesman Grey better than Green, but then, my Amelia is a much darker green, so it could still work...
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows