Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[/table]

[table][/table]

Mark Skarr Wrote:For Blender, %[link=http://www.luxrender.net/en_GB/index]Lux] is free.  For those of us using Daz, the bridge is $80.
http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/-/real ... item=11203]Currently $60... but also currently for Daz3 only.

However, I see there's a standalone version of Lux, which is also free. Will it accept anything that Daz can export?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

I grabbed the free copy of Daz3D, but I am not sure the program is really useful without buying a lot of meshs...

Rob:  Nope.  It needs the Reality bridge to export the file that tells Lux what to grab and how to render it.  Since I can't use it with 4, that's why I haven't upgraded to 4 yet.
HRogge:  Awesome work.  Can you export your blender creations to OBJs?  Daz can load those no problem.  But, you are correct.  Daz isn't a 3d creator, it's a renderer.  Hexagon is the 3d creator they sell for Daz . . . and it's scarry.

Found something called MakeHuman, which produce meshs for humans which are rigged and can be easily exported to Blender.

Mark Skarr Wrote:Rob:  Nope.  It needs the Reality bridge to export the file that tells Lux what to grab and how to render it.  Since I can't use it with 4, that's why I haven't upgraded to 4 yet.
Just noticed http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=166543]this thread on the Daz forums. I don't have time to wade through 23 pages of posts and links from posts right now, especially considering the first few posts indicate some of that wading will require Babelfish, but it claims to be about a free Daz/Lux bridge.

If anyone else has the time and inclination to look, please keep us posted...
--
Rob Kelk

From what I could discern, it works for Daz 3.1, 32-bit.  Which doesn't help those of us using Daz 3.1, 64-bit.  But, from what I could see in the thread, it works, it just has a steep learning curve.  But, to be totally honest, so does Reality.

First part of the cargo module for the Thor Heyerdahl. As soon as the model is ready, there will be some changes in the wiki entry too.

[table]
[/table]

More work on the airlock...

[table]
[/table]

[table][/table]

Some details for the motors of the door.

[table]
[/table]

Ladders, more cables, hangar door openers (with inverse kinematics for animation) and some lighting).

{edit: Added a version with shadows}

[table]
[/table]

*Blinks* Those are LADDERS!?!?

I had the scale of this thing entirely wrong. I was under the impression that the hatch there was a manhatch - not one that was large enough to admit most ships class SS and below!

blackaeronaut Wrote:*Blinks* Those are LADDERS!?!?

I had the scale of this thing entirely wrong. I was under the impression that the hatch there was a manhatch - not one that was large enough to admit most ships class SS and below!
Hehe... good that I put them in.

The circular hatch you see in the background is 4 meter in diameter. The whole hangar is roughly 10 meters wide and high (and 20 meters long). Large enough for four times the payload of a spaceshuttle (stacked).

http://drunkardswalkforums.yuku.com/rep ... eply-87065

[Image: spitone0816001.jpg]
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

What is this ?

Start of a Spitfire Model apparently
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

*DING*!

[Image: spitone0816002.jpg]

NO QUARTER!!!

Not saying "don't do this", just pointing out there's a free 3DS / Poser / Wings 3D Spitfire model on ShareCG. You might be able to use it as-is or convert it, and save yourself a few hours of work... (If not, at least you'll have some reference photos for the instrument array in the cockpit.)
--
Rob Kelk

Ooh!

I recall a couple of years ago, we discussed what A.C. Peters' dress uniform looked like, and one of the things we decided on was that it included a Russian cap. Today, on ShareCG, someone has posted a Russian cap - as an .OBJ, so everyone can use it.
--
Rob Kelk

Perhaps I could, but given that this is for Fenspace I feel more comfortable doing all my own work. wouldnt want whoever feeling we ripped em off or anything. This way I know the provenence of the work and can release it to Fenspace to use as they see fit.

NO QUARTER!!!

@Star Ranger4: ohh! Okay, now I see what you are working on... nice choice of glass for the cockpit (getting the materials right is most times a disaster for me ^^).

Started working on the next section of the spaceship. What you see is a close snapshot of the reaction mass tank section.

Outer hull, cables, and some more fuel-tubes are still missing.

[table]
[/table]

Finished reaction mass module, a look into the module and one from the outside.

[table]
[/table]

[table][/table]

[table]
[/table]

More work on the engine section of the Thor Heyerdahl.

This will become one of the six engines of the Thor heyerdahl

[table]
[/table]
[META/Image] Hand of Bobb's Stuff

Another detail of the spacestation... the hangar.

[table]
[Image: Jenga-Hangar1.jpg]
From Experiments with Blender
[Image: Jenga-4.jpg]
[Image: transport%252520area.jpg]
[Image: open_door.jpg]
[Image: closed_door.jpg]
[Image: thor1_Hangardoor_2.jpg]