Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump news

You know I'm going to laugh my ass off if this becomes the year that two third parties are not only born but one takes the election.

Quote:DHBirr wrote:
Quote:khagler wrote:
Quote:ordnance11 wrote:
Well, if he ever built the Trump hotel in D.C., he can build a tunnel to the White House. But he'd call it the Trump House.
This suggestion gave me an idea for what Trump is hoping to accomplish by running for President. If he wins, he can just steal any land he wants and give it to himself under eminent domain without having to go through the time and expense of bribing large numbers of local politicians to do it for him like a regular real estate developer.
For heaven's sake, don't suggest that on an open site, just in case he hasn't already thought of it!

Well, I was playing tourist around D.C. When I came upon the proposed Trum hotel. It's less than mile from the White House. A tunnel can be connected from the hotel to the White House. I'm betting Trump would just use the White House for ceremonial purposes and live at the trump hotel. Assuming he gets elected.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

This suggestion gave me an idea for what Trump is hoping to accomplish by running for President. If he wins, he can just steal any land he wants and give it to himself under eminent domain without having to go through the time and expense of bribing large numbers of local politicians to do it for him like a regular real estate developer.
For heaven's sake, don't suggest that on an open site, just in case he hasn't already thought of it!

Well, I was playing tourist around D.C. When I came upon the proposed Trum hotel. It's less than mile from the White House. A tunnel can be connected from the hotel to the White House. I'm betting Trump would just use the White House for ceremonial purposes and live at the trump hotel. Assuming he gets elected.
Now I'm tempted to vote for him just to see who has more power, the God-Emperor (sorry, "President") or the Praetorian Guard (aka "Secret Service"). My money would be on the Praetorian Guard.
The House of Trump
[Image: DSC05720_zpswdi7qsd7.jpg]
[Image: DSC05721_zpsaduvmyrf.jpg]
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

[Image: DSC05864_zps48hetcbn.jpg]"The only reason I would get behind Trump is to push him" -Frank Underwood
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Now I'm tempted to vote for him just to see who has more power, the God-Emperor (sorry, "President") or the Praetorian Guard (aka "Secret Service"). My money would be on the Praetorian Guard.
As long as you can hold yourself responsible for whatever fiascos he engineers in his term of office, knock yourself out.

And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

So latest news, heard on CBS Radio not long ago, is that Trump is talking third-party run again, because the Republicans are being mean to him.

By which he means, as far as I could tell from the news item, not immediately groveling before his magnificence and making him the party candidate.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

To be fair, the GOP did have the candidates sign a pledge that they would support the eventual nominee. That was done to prevent Trump from mounting a third party run. I don't believe they thought that Trump would win the nomination. So Trump would have a valid exuse to bolt and mount a 3rd party run should he not get the nomination.

The phrase "shabolic chaos" comes to mind should Trump becomes POTUS.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Bob Schroeck Wrote:...
By which he means, as far as I could tell from the news item, not immediately groveling before his magnificence and making him the party candidate.
Does anyone honestly believe that Putin or Merkel or Cameron or Trudeau or Xi Jinping or any other head of government would grovel before any US president? If Trump gets the nod, either (a) he'll have to learn very quickly how to work with people who disagree with him, or (b) the reputation of the USA is going to drop faster than the price of a barrel of oil.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

First of all, he has to win the general election first.

Quote:This is why, despite all the handwringing, Republican leaders’ consensus posture toward Trump is most likely going to be an extension of RNC chair Reince Priebus’ posture toward Trump throughout the primary: Smile, damnit. License those individual senators to disavow Trump if his nomination violates either their conscience or, more importantly, their own political prospects. Otherwise, nominate the dude. Give him party resources throughout the general election. Go on television and say that Hillary Clinton is the real disaster in the race as a dodge to pretty much any question asked about Donald Trump. Lose, then regroup in 2020 and try to stop the Democrats’ presidential winning streak at three.
And hope that Trump, having found that the Republican Party treated him fairly in 2016, does not have any excuse to run again in 2020 as an independent.
Also pray you don't lose the Senate in the process.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Why does america have that second amendment thing again?

Just saying.

Latest golden tidbits from the Donald's mouth that I saw in the news today: first, http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/28/opinions/ ... index.html, basically because the media has not been cooperating in creating a hagiography for him. And second, Trump gets an endorsement from ex-KKK Grand Wizard David Duke (whose presence in the Reform Party drove Trump out of it years back), and says he doesn't know who Duke is, and doesn't know anything about White Supremacy.
Edit:  Wow.  1 for 3 on link markups last night.  Not my best record.
-- Bob
---------

Have another: "I have respect for Jeff Bezos but he bought The Washington Post to have political influence. And I gotta tell you, we have a different country to what we used to have. We have a different … he owns Amazon. He wants political influence so that Amazon will benefit from it. That's not right. And believe me, if I become President, oh do they have problems. They are going to have such problems."

PKB much?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Quote:robkelk wrote:
Have another: "I have respect for Jeff Bezos but he bought The Washington Post to have political influence. And I gotta tell you, we have a different country to what we used to have. We have a different … he owns Amazon. He wants political influence so that Amazon will benefit from it. That's not right. And believe me, if I become President, oh do they have problems. They are going to have such problems."

PKB much?
Well, it looks like is first act as POTUS is to follow Putin's footsteps. Martin Niemöller's poem is starting to look more and more appropriate.

And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Quote:robkelk wrote:

PKB much?
Wasted effort. The only way the New York publishing industry will ever vote for him is if he gets the Democratic nomination.

How dare a corporation not owned by Trump have outrageous success and power? They must be smashed for the good of Trump's ego the country.
-- Bob
---------

Why does the keeps going in my head?
Tomorrow we'll discoverWhat our God in Heaven has in store!One more dawnOne more dayOne day more!
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Okay, takeaways from Super Tuesday:

1. Trump consolidated his position as front runner.
2. Cruz survived. Rubio, not so much.
3. Anti Trump organizations have until March 15 to make their case. Conservatives are clamoring to unite behind Cruz to stop Trump.
Which begs the question. How will Cruz fare in the general election? He'll have the same problem as Trump in a general election. States with large minorities would not be inclined to vote for such polarizing figures. Cruz will have a real problem with Latinos. There is a word for him:  Malinche.
Btw, did anyone seen the look on Christie's face when Trump was holding his victory speech? He looks like a man who realized he made a Faustian bargain with the devil with a bad spray tan.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Btw, did anyone seen the look on Christie's face when Trump was holding his victory speech? He looks like a man who realized he made a Faustian bargain with the devil with a bad spray tan.
Someone in the news sure did:
Chris Christie’s wordless screaming
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Oh geez....the GOP's establishment is deploying Mitt Rommney against Trump. All Trump has to do is to mention the "L" word about him. 
Right now the situation reminds me of Germany 1932. Let's hope we don't make the same mistske..
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

[Image: 4d11671d45a400ee023c6304ad77759191a63b34.jpg]
Here in Jersey, Christie's getting it from all sides -- the newspapers, almost to a one, are http://www.app.com/story/opinion/editor ... /81162824/]demanding he resign as governor, and so are officials from the state GOP.  And it's pretty damned obvious that the meme pics like this one, and the calls for his resignation, and just the general "are you freakin' brain dead?" reaction from the entire constituency is really getting to him -- in his usual schoolyard bully way, he's started to lash out at reporters who ask him about the endorsement -- he's been calling the questions "off topic" regardless of the context.
Edit:  dammit, why do the images not embed properly?
-- Bob
---------

Well, Senator Sessions o Alabama also endorsed Trump. So there's no shortage of GOP politicians willing to endorse him for political motives. Christie had better pray that Trump wins and Trump remembers to give him a job. His career is toast otherwise.

And it looks like every neocon had decided they're not going to back Trump.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Trump's Response:

"He [Romney] does not have what it takes to be president."
"I called him [Romney] a choke artist, and it's true.""[In 2012], I could have said, 'Mitt, drop to your knees,' and he would have."Ouch...the establishment would had been better to pick someone like Colin Powell

Edit: the unconfirmed report that Romney instructed his people to start gaming a scenario for a contested convention...with him as the eventual nominee.  Eeeeh!
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Ouch...the establishment would had been better to pick someone like Colin Powell
Powell's wife reported receiving hate mail including death threats when it was merely suggested that her husband might become a candidate....
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

Well, Rubio and Cruz tried to hammer Trump hard...and then cut themselves off at the knees by declaring that they will support the eventual nominee. Well, I'd call this the beginning of the end.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell