Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump news

Yes, the decades-old "anyone who doesn't toe the Democratic Party line is a racist" routine is where the modern PC thought police started out.

Seen on Twitter:

[img]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdhRsrMUAAAVL2O.jpg:large">
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Well, my takeaways on this Super Tuesday.
Trump wins Florida, but loses Ohio.

That means Trump will have to win 56-58% of the remaining delegates to meet 1237 votes to lock up the nomination. Hard, but not impossible. Cruz is in the hunt, but his type of Republicanism is hard to swallow for the establishment. The calendar will be favorable to him in the Southwest, but maybe nowhere else. Kasich is going to be acting the role of spoiler. So what it means is probably a convention fight in Cleveland. Kasich needs to prepare to send in the National Guard. Just in case.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Heh
[Image: 357167174fa301e00f8149c378cd41650d1caa69.jpg]
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Trump, you moron. Never drag an opponent's wife into a fight. You just made it personal.
Cleveland is going to be very lively.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

agreed he should have kept his damn mouth shut about that, just let it go. but he's never one to take a hit and not strike back hard either.

Found this on the FUMP and thought it was more apropos here than anwhere else:

Donald Trump Club March

And here's the above link in the clear:

http://www.thefump.com/embedded_player.php?id=2042
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Well, the war over the wives rages on. And Something interesting on NPR. Cleveland is under a DOJ consent decree for police use of excessive force. You have a volatile convention appearing on the horizon. Supposedly the riot gear haven't arrived yet. But do you need riot gear? Pundits are already calling the RNC convention "Mistake by the Lake". Worse case scenario, you'd looking at a GOP replay of Chicago 1968.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

ordnance11 Wrote:... Chicago 1968.
What, the first international Special Olympics?

Or were you referring to what happened in the same city a month after that?
--
Rob Kelk

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ ... li=BBnb7Kz

The summation is this: Trump didn't think he was going to be the GOP nominee, much less be in the White House, when he started this, but now his ego has taken over. The Donald is not a failure.
So to the folks who want to vote for him because of the chaos it would ensue, I only have to say this. If you vote for him, you own him.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Lets see:

1. Trump's campaign manager get's charged for misdemeanor battery. Trump is tripling down -"Forget the video. Who are going to believe? Me or your eyes?" 
2. All parties had withdrawn their pledges to support the eventual nominee.

As ole Marse Robert said: "Let the cotillion begin."
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Open mouth, munch on toes....
Summary:  He said if abortion is ever outlawed, women who get abortions should be punished.  Even those who want to shut down abortion say he's wrong on this.  Well, I suppose male religious extremists agree with him.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

Funny I thought he'd be doubling down on it. That is his modus operandi.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Oh, and about the "no Muslims allowed to enter the U.S." thing?  He's apparently clarified that won't apply to Muslims who are rich and/or friends of his.  That's so reassuring.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

Because nobody from wealthy families like the Bin Laden clan would ever get involved with terrorism...
-- Bob
---------
And once again on a less serious note...

-- Bob
---------

lol.

We'll I just got off the phone from a friend of mine, who lives in Michigan. The man is GOP, but a centrist. He told he is sick and tired of the on going circus that he is voting for Hillary. But he will be splitting his vote. Down the ticket.

So the question is going to be if bad will the GOP lose. And will Priebus realize that they better try and protect their majorities because the White House is a lost cause.

The ole Chinese curse strikes!
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

[Image: 9d83666a1a674b20ad6700e3edca01aaaf349c88.jpg]
-- Bob
---------

I was watching CNN one analyst had this to say:

1. Lindsay Graham said that choosing between Trump and Cruz is like choosing between getting shot or getting poisoned. Now Graham is hawking poison.

2. It is a strange thing that Cruz is now considered a center right candidate. He would be considered a fringe candidate under normal circumstances, but the definition of fringe has been broadened, thanks to The Donald.

Cruz has been called the American Taliban because of his insistence of conservative purity. I call him the American Cato because of his insistence of doing business in the ways of our forebears.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Cruz would have been called an arch-conservative or even a hidebound reactionary during the Reagan era...
Back on the thread topic, I found another this morning:
[Image: 0d4362891a1f449eae420432ee7402d88e0ae7d2.jpg]
-- Bob
---------

Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:
Cruz would have been called an arch-conservative or even a hidebound reactionary during the Reagan era...
Back on the thread topic, I found another this morning:
[Image: 0d4362891a1f449eae420432ee7402d88e0ae7d2.jpg]
Reagan was considered unelectable in 1976. What was far right was mainstream in 1980. sides, Cruz sees Reagan as his guide stone. Saw this snippet in Politico:
“Some of us who were in Kansas City 40 years ago remember a spirited,
uncertain start of convention week,” a veteran Iowa Republican added.
“Tension and drama? Yes. But there was respect between the Ford and
Reagan camps, no talk of skullduggery, and a sense the GOP would leave
town united. Oh, for the good ole' days!”Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/i ... z45Gc1l1Sy
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Apparently Cruz is a "natural-born citizen" under the US constitution. Show of hands from anybody who didn't expect to see that? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Also on BBC: Is the US presidential race 'rigged'? I seem to see some oddities in the analysis - point #1 says it's rigged because the Republicans use "winner take all" for their delegate selection, while point #2 says it's rigged because the Democrats don't use "winner take all" for their delegate selection... or am I reading the article incorrectly?
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:robkelk wrote:
Apparently Cruz is a "natural-born citizen" under the US constitution. Show of hands from anybody who didn't expect to see that? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Also on BBC: Is the US presidential race 'rigged'? I seem to see some oddities in the analysis - point #1 says it's rigged because the Republicans use "winner take all" for their delegate selection, while point #2 says it's rigged because the Democrats don't use "winner take all" for their delegate selection... or am I reading the article incorrectly?
I read it. The article is slightly misleading imo. The GOP and DNC primary systems evolved out of different circumstances. GOP developed the primary rules after 2012 so that a front runner can quickly emerge and and make the nominating as short as possible to pivot to the general election. But whether they envisioned someone like Trump as the front runner is a good question.   Smile The DNC primary was revamped after Jessie Jackson complained bout the primary system. now it's proportional delegate selection. So it will be a long haul for HRC and Bernie unless a clear consensus develops.

And it has always been a case of indirect democracy here in the U.S. One can be elected POTUS w/o a majority vote. It's the delegate vote that counts. The example that comes to my head is JFK's election. So yes it is rigged. But you have to look at to what ends.

As to Cruz being an American citizen, I was wondering what the birther movement's response to Cruz.   
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

And on the subject of the process being rigged, The Donald is now complaining about it to the point that CNN is characterizing it as open warfare between him and the GOP national committee...
-- Bob
---------

Yeah, Priebus has got to be hitting the weed pretty heavily to issue the type of statements he has been making lately.  I do believe that Trump is laying the groundwork for him not to become the eventual nominee. He can claim he was "cheated" and not "treated fairly". Anything to avoid the loser label.
As for New York, the key is going to be is if whether Trump makes the 50 percent of the vote or not.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell