Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump news the third

Quote:robkelk wrote:
Well, a record low turnout is still a record...
*rimshot*
And this in from the Washington Post
Tom Price may have just broken ethics laws

Let me be clear on this: A congressman profiting from buying/selling company stock from legislation you proposed is bad optics at the very least. Even the appearance  of profiting from legislation is a bad idea. And this seems to be the pattern of the incoming administration.

And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Quote:DHBirr wrote:
My sister's daughter attends Georgetown.  I advised her to stay far away from the inauguration, on the grounds that Trump's supporters might be inclined to be nasty if she made her feelings about this election known.  My exact words referred to "Trumpite brown-shirts ready to beat up anybody who doesn't heil him to their satisfaction." 
Here are some details on that inauguration nastiness DHBirr was warning about: Undercover investigation exposes groups plotting criminal activity at Trump inauguration.

Quote:ordnance11 wrote:
*rimshot*

Let me be clear on this: A congressman profiting from buying/selling company stock from legislation you proposed is bad optics at the very least. Even the appearance  of profiting from legislation is a bad idea. And this seems to be the pattern of the incoming administration.

Indeed. Everyone knows you're supposed to arrange for $25,000/hour speaking fees and donations to your foundation like a proper American politician.

Quote:khagler wrote:
Quote:ordnance11 wrote:
*rimshot*

Indeed. Everyone knows you're supposed to arrange for $25,000/hour speaking fees and donations to your foundation like a proper American politician.
So you are a supporter of "honest" graft then? Cuz if the rich and mighty can do it why not other public servants at the lower levels? Yup, a few greased palms here and there what would hurt right? That seems to be the logical conclusion of your answer.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Apparently logic means something different for low level parasites, excuse me, "public servants," engaged in wishful thinking.

Apparently logic means something different for low level parasites, excuse me, "public servants," engaged in wishful thinking.
I dunno how that answer came about , you'll have to clarify that one. Because Rob and myself are those "parasites" you describe. Kindly enlighten both of us on that.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

ordnance11 Wrote:
khagler Wrote:Apparently logic means something different for low level parasites, excuse me, "public servants," engaged in wishful thinking.
I dunno how that answer came about , you'll have to clarify that one. Because Rob and myself are those "parasites" you describe. Kindly enlighten both of us on that.
And while you're at it, you can describe your choice of term that you used to describe us, and you can describe how government services would be provided without us.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

While we are waiting for Khagler to reply back to our query let me explain the graft issue I have at the personal level. My last job was that of a OSHA Safety and Compliance Officer. The one of the last cases I handled was a employee violence case that won for myself and the office I worked with the OSHA Secretary award. It is an award of the highest level in the agency and OSHA does not hand these out like candy, to put it bluntly. And this was a case that I had to persevere in the face of pressure from my supervisor and her supervisor to let it go. So if I am Khagler's example of a "parasite", what is his example of a  civil servant examplar like?
My "beat" encompassed North Central Alabama.  Now "Southern" hospitality normally includes giving out some "tokens" of appreciation. I normally have to explain it to these kind folks that ethics rules forbid me from excepting anything more that a cup of coffee or a bottle of water. I can't even ask the secretaries and or complainants out on a date (*whine*). And OSHA will terminate you in a heartbeat if even the hint of graft shows up. and these companies will do it in a heart beat. There was newly hired trainee (temporary) that tried flashing his credentials to a Georgia State Trooper when he was pulled over for DUI. Said trooper reported him to the Regional office in Atlanta. Said trainee was no longer with OSHA.
If Kahgler et all thinks this has never happened before at the Federal level, yes it has. The most recent one was this:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/11/washi ... yalty.html
Which kinda makes me wonder what the Bush Secretary of the Interior was doing at the time this was happening?
So now we have a soon to be POTUS who is raising all sorts of ethics flags and ignoring it. Do folks really think that foreign governments will not try to make enticements to Trump? Same thing goes for his cabinet nominees. A good chuck of his cabinet is staring to look like a bunch of folks who are in it for the moolah they're going raise during and after office.
And if the big fish are doing it, why not all folks further down the food chain? Trump is sending out strong signals by his example.
If Khagler and like minded folks are fine with the U.S. federal government turning into a government like Nigeria, Russia and the Philippines at the national level, no faux spasms of outrage when the corruption scandals of this incoming administration start coming out.  You folks were warned.
Edit:Some of these "tokens",btw come with a hefty price tag. And forget even buying their products after the inspection. If I was the "parasite", Khagler was intimating, I would have made out like a bandit. But I like to think my integrity and honor is not for sale. If Khagler is fine with civil servants who are otherwise, well that's up to him.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Just a quick reminder to people: If you don't like Trump, don't watch the inauguration today. Turn the TV on, and tune to another channel. Or load up Netflix. Or just turn it off, play a game, take a walk, or edit a wiki. You gotta hit him where it hurts: the ratings.
-- ∇×V

vorticity Wrote:Just a quick reminder to people: If you don't like Trump, don't watch the inauguration today. Turn the TV on, and tune to another channel. Or load up Netflix. Or just turn it off, play a game, take a walk, or edit a wiki. You gotta hit him where it hurts: the ratings.
Agreed, except for the "watch another channel" part - when it comes to Trump's inauguration, the news is full of... er, filled with it. It might be better to leave the TV turned off.
--
Rob Kelk

ordnance11 sure does like his straw man. He should be careful not to pat himself on the back so hard, or he might pull something and be unable to lift it.

khagler Wrote:ordnance11 sure does like his straw man. He should be careful not to pat himself on the back so hard, or he might pull something and be unable to lift it.
Is that actually your answer to my request for you to explain why you called me a "parasite"?

Bob, does Yuku have a killfile function?
--
Rob Kelk

ordnance11 sure does like his straw man. He should be careful not to pat himself on the back so hard, or he might pull something and be unable to lift it.
I don't think he can get himself out of the hole he dug himself into.  And he knows it. So now he's going into the straw man defense. To quote the new Potus: SAD! 
Khagler: Try harder. Give us a congent reason why you think me and Rob are parasites. Try not to emulate the new POTUS.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

*yawn* See my post a couple of threads down for my response to the inaugurational kerfuffle.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Quote:Bob, does Yuku have a killfile function?
Not that I know of. I can ask around, though.
EDIT:  Nothing in the knowledge base or support forums, Rob.  I suspect that other than a global ban -- which is in no way appropriate here -- there's no such functionality.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/20/politics/ ... index.html]Trump's "record turnout" compared to Obama's first inauguration. "We've got the BIGGEST EMPTY SPACES in inauguration history! No President has ever had BIGGER empty spaces in his audience!"

Countdown to denial of photographic evidence begins in 5... 4...
-- Bob
---------

Bob Schroeck Wrote:

EDIT:  Nothing in the knowledge base or support forums, Rob.  I suspect that other than a global ban -- which is in no way appropriate here -- there's no such functionality.
Found the equivalent. On the one-line menu under the user's avatar, click on "More", then click on "Ignore User's Posts" on the drop-down menu that appears. I got a "do you really want to" confirmation dialog when I did that; confirming my intent has made all of the person's posts collapse.

(Been here nearly 12 years, and this is the first I've had to ask about a killfile function...)
--
Rob Kelk

Likewise, it's the first time I ever had to answer that question. I suspect I didn't find anything because I was using the wrong search terms in the KB and forums.
-- Bob
---------

Anyway, courtesy of RTE, it's Heil to the Cheese

http://twitter.com/RTELateLateShow/sta ... 89/video/1

Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:
Trump's "record turnout" compared to Obama's first inauguration. "We've got the BIGGEST EMPTY SPACES in inauguration history! No President has ever had BIGGER empty spaces in his audience!"

Trump speaks, his staff scrambles to spin it.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:

Found the equivalent. On the one-line menu under the user's avatar, click on "More", then click on "Ignore User's Posts" on the drop-down menu that appears. I got a "do you really want to" confirmation dialog when I did that; confirming my intent has made all of the person's posts collapse.

(Been here nearly 12 years, and this is the first I've had to ask about a killfile function...)
Look on the bright side..it'll be another 12 years before you have to do it again. And thanks for telling me what to do. I did the same thing.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

ordnance11 Wrote:
Bob Schroeck Wrote:Trump's "record turnout" compared to Obama's first inauguration. "We've got the BIGGEST EMPTY SPACES in inauguration history! No President has ever had BIGGER empty spaces in his audience!"

Trump speaks, his staff scrambles to spin it.
Just noticed that that's CNN. Didn't Trump already say they were "fake news", last week?
--
Rob Kelk

JK Rowling: *Always* awesome
[Image: tumblr_ojldfwloZH1sumxq1o1_1280.jpg]
-- Bob
---------

While it's not Trump news per se, it's safe to say that a lot of people came out for the Women's March because of His Trumpness.  Locally we got something in the 3000-4000 range for our march -- enough to fill a block-sized park and simultaneously have people marching on the streets.  In terms of participation, it would probably be about 1% of the Ventura/Oxnard/Ojai area's population marched in protest, which is a really big deal.  And like the D.C. march, no arrests or incidents.  I'm super proud to have been an organizer for this march, and I look forward to seeing what we can achieve together.
So The Donald is right: he is bringing people together to make the country better -- just people who are opposed to him.
-- ∇×V

Why would Trump want to waste his time killing actors? Trump may well be a psychopath http://brainfodder.org/ceo-psychopath/ but he seems more interested in Money and Women. I admit many actresses will have good reasons to be afraid to be in the same room as the new president, but Trump being a serial axe murderer isn't one of them.

As for Trump starting WW3, aren't these the same people complaining that Trump was being blackmailed by Russia? Do they honestly think Putin wants to blackmail Trump into starting WW3?

Iran and North Korea don't have nukes (if you believe Obama) so that leaves China with both the ability and motive to strike the U.S.A.
If China is the type of country that starts WW3 because the USA recognises Taiwan as independent then the one-china policy only delays WW3 until the Chinese fleet has taken the rest of the pacific and finally reached California. If anything Trump will delay WW3 by abandoning European and Pacific countries. The 1930's showed how that works out in the end but it might delay things enough for another president to deal with it.

Finally, the latest CNN tells fake news allegation: Warning the following link contains offensive language and is absolutely NSFW,
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-2 ... s-fakenews

Mark