Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet Another New Fic Reccomendation Thread
Works of Chris Jones
Okay, technically, none of these are new, but for those who don't know them, they're worth a look.
Chris has a page at the Pit of Voles with most of his best work on it. I'd recommend in particular Ranma's Apartment and NewRanma, but be warned that both have some lemon/lime content (the latter far more than the former). The original story that kicked off the "Virus" shared-world series is also here.

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
Dresden Files fancfic
Trials and Tribulations of Magic and Life-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
Re: Yet Another New Fic Reccomendation Thread
Snake Eater is a Nanoha fanfic by Person With Many Aliases. I don't watch the show, but I like the author so people here might be interested in reading it.
--------------------
Epsilon
Not sure if this has been recc'd before or not, if so forgive me.
Naruto AU, "Art of the Deal"
www.fanfiction.net/u/1219365/
Ranma/Kim Possible Take the Green and Go is a spiffy personalities merge fic. Though it has left me with the urge to say be-dreadlocked. An adverse reaction to 'braid-haired boy,' I guess.
Naruto Full Bloom is a fun little story by Random1377. Sakura's hair changes color and she wants to know why.
All I can say is... Be Afraid. Very Afraid.
An old, old favorite of mine: Starlit Reflections

===============================================
"I'm terribly sorry, but I have to kill you quite horribly now."
Bending the Jutsu is quite good. A well written and entertaining cross between Naruto and Avatar. Annnd- He has just the right tone in the Tales of Ba Sing Se parts. Big recommendation here.
Kiss and Yell in which Naruto perfects the Sexy no Jutsu, gets the girl, and Konohamaru almost gets the girl.

-=This Just In=-
Adrian Tullberg has some new stuff up. Punisher being punishe and whatnot. You'll be wanting to read Partial Wish Fulfillment, in which Martha Wayne didn't die. And she thinks its time Bruce settled down with a nice girl. I'd quote, but that would ruin it.
Zaa... Three for one!
Dead Like Bleach by glainfach is a good read. Though I never watched Dead Like Me and Bleach has only just piqued my interest, I enjoyed this cross quite a bit. The author has some other good works, though I think this is his strongest story.
A funny and short ranma fic.
www.dougmacd.net/fics/archive/excuse.txt
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
Another short and funny Ranma fic where Ranma's supporting
cast finally get what's coming to them -WarCry."There's only one kind of monster that uses bullets"-Colonel VanHeusen , from "It! The Terror From Beyond Space"
> Re: Yet Another New Fic Reccomendation Thread
Minion is filed under Fantasic Four but has more to do with Doctor Doom... who, it develops, is going to be getting married. It's a bit risque in places.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
Quote:
Another short and funny Ranma fic where Ranma's supporting
cast finally get what's coming to them -WarCry.
:0...
Well then, I guess with the right motivation, you can do anything.*********
Touched By His Noodly Appendage
www.venganza.org
Ranma / NGE cross... pretty good writing. Ranma gets sent into his favorite anime - NGE - in the role of Shinji... Watch him grow and mature here ... whenever ff.net wakes up again-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
It's awake, and I've grabbed the story on that recommendation.

-- Bob
---------
Spellcaster
Hermione Granger was a witch. By the time she was done, the whole damned pureblood world was going to know it. Spoiler[HBP]
By SGCbearcubThose who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.
Quote:
Ranma gets sent into his favorite anime - NGE - in the role of Shinji... Watch him grow and mature here ... whenever ff.net wakes up again
Good premise! Too bad about the hilariously awful character bias.
I'm sorry, but a fanfic that uses Asuka Langley Sohryu - Asuka Freaking Langley Sohryu - as an example of a trusting person to show what a "abusive hypocrite" Akane is, is a fanfic I can't even take seriously enough to be angry at.
If you evaluate Askua and Akane without adjusting for the series then akane is quite a bit worse, Ranma 1/2 afterall uses a lot of slapstick, which there isn't in NGE. Slapstick seen from a serious standpoint is often pretty hair-raising.
The author just compared the two series without adjusting for their bais, at least that is my feeling. But the story is good overall until the last 2 chapters. The end is disapointing.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
A few new finds:
"Dead Like Bleach" by Glainfach.
An amusing and surprisingly well-done crossover between "Dead Like Me" and Bleach. The mental image of Ellen Muth in shinigami attire, complete with zanpakutou, is a rather unique one.
"Reach the Open Space" by Tinn Tam.
This Harry Potter one-shot is an odd one about freedom.
"Wishes" by ShayneT.
Anyanka goes about the multiverse, granting wishes. A fun multi-crossover, now up to 22 chapters.
"Kidnapped For The Betterment Of Mankind" by Test.
A short "House M.D." fic. Good for a chuckle.
--The Twisted One

Edit (6/01/07, 6:24 Alaska time):Apologies to Jeap for not noticing you has already recommended "Dead Like Bleach." Consider my mention a seconding.
--The Twisted One"Welcome to Fanboy Hell. You will be spending eternity here, in a small room with Jar-Jar Binks and Dobby the house-elf."
"If you
wish to converse with me, define your
terms."

--Voltaire
Quote:
If you evaluate Askua and Akane without adjusting for the series then akane is quite a bit worse
a) It was from Ranma's perspective that this was said, and basically in every scene Akane is in she's wildly OOC. The author hates her and makes no secret of it whatsover.
b) No she isn't worse than Asuka, not even remotely close, for anything resembling "trust". Or "abuse" for that matter.
Not the right thread for such a discussion, however.
Quote:
But the story is good overall until the last 2 chapters. The end is disapointing.
Agreed. I was enjoying it quite thoroughly, and then it sort of flopped. A pity, that.

-- Bob
---------
www.fanfiction.net/s/3568608/1/
The Book of Naruto.
A very entertaining crack fic witht he basic premise that Naruto, for unexplained reason, has become a god.
Includes gems like Scruffy-Neji the prophet of Naruto.
Word on the Street is Giles's has a source, but he ain't talkin'.
Of Dreamers and Journeys Labyrinth/HP There is a muggle professor in Hogwarts' library. The goblin world in her pocket and not at all awed by all this magic, quite the conundrum.
This isn't totally the proper place, but I did want to make just one comment.
The problem with Akane is the series she comes from is a slapstick comedy, and a lot of fanfic writers don't want to write that. The problem then, is that she's hard to write in a serious fashion. That is to say, if you take away her over the top (supposedly funny) violence, what kind of character is she, and how does she act? Most writers seem to be end up answering "Not much of a character at all" and deciding to just write her as she is in canon (or worse).
As to comparing Asuka and Akane, that's even easier. We know why Asuka is messed up, because of her mother. We know she was terribly traumatized by it, and now she acts the way she does.
We know no such thing about Akane, whose reason for acting like she does mostly boils down to 'the mangaka found it funny'.
(DISCLAIMER: The Internet is a medium for the exchange of ideas. Thoughts and concepts are shared there. It is possible that people who use it may begin thinking about things they never did before. If this idea disgusts, frightens, or revolts you, please refrain from using the Internet in any way, shape, or form.)
(DISCLAIMER: The Internet is a medium for the exchange of ideas. Thoughts and concepts are shared there. It is possible that people who use it may begin thinking about things they never did before. If this idea disgusts, frightens, or revolts you, please refrain from using the Internet in any way, shape, or form.)
The labyrinth fic is great! I always loved that movie.
Quote:
Word on the Street is Giles's has a source, but he ain't talkin'.
*awe* No way... *click* *more awe* This author wins every internet ever made for using Johnny the shoeshiner in a fanfic.*********
Touched By His Noodly Appendage
www.venganza.org