Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Songs That Duplicate
Songs That Duplicate
Does Doug have any songs that generally duplicate abilities? I was thinking something like "Wanna Be Like You" from Disney's "The Jungle Book," which implies that Doug duplicates the abilities, and possibly the appearance, of a target. (Though the references to being an "ape like me" might be a joke between Doug and his teammates.)
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

It's occurred to me that "Learn to Do It" from the animated movie Anastasia might allow him to copy one pre-selected skill of his, at his level of ability, to another person for the song's duration.  Alas, that duration is no more than two and a half minutes.  Of course, if the skill requires physical qualities the person doesn't have (I'm thinking in terms of Doug's martial arts here), he or she can't quite match them ... and may injure him/herself trying.  But language use, computer use, that sort of thing....
"If I can learn to do it, 
You can learn to do it. 
Pull yourself together, 
And you'll pull through it! 
Tell yourself it's easy, 
And it's true: 
You can learn to do it too!"
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

"Anything you can do, I can do better" might lean in that direction

That's more of a 'become better than the other guy' kind of song, which is useful when you need an expert of equal or greater level than you have now for a few minutes, but not so much when all you've got is a bunch of untrained fools.