Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet Another Updates Thread
re: Updates
Secrets: A Father Goose Tale has Chapter one now up.
RMH
Re: Yet Another Updates Thread
Prophecies? We Don't Need No Stinkin' Prophecies, Chapter 27. Buffy's people find Hogwart's -- and revenge on the Weasley Twins is planned. And at least two new series (that I recognized) are stitched into this massive crossover, when Lennie Briscoe and Sabrina Spellman make appearances...

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
Re: re: Updates
Quote:
Secrets: A Father Goose Tale has Chapter one now up.
Y'know, I have to admit that litmouse definitely managed to accurately describe the Colorado Winter Driving Experience. That right there is worth the price of admission. [Image: wink.gif] ---
Mr. Fnord
http://fnord.sandwich.net/
http://www.jihad.net/
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
Re: re: Updates
Valkyrie's Run 31 is up
www.fanfiction.net/s/2657919/31/__________________
The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live. - George Carlin.
www.tthfanfic.org/Story-1...e+Tale.htm
The plot is thickening. With vampires, weapon dealers and online RPGs.
Compelled to play
Compelled to play with desteny updated again. why can't everyone update once a week or more. (Looks at his own update track record) Right forget I said anything.
www.tthfanfic.org/Story-1...estiny.htm
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
Re: Compelled to play
Apparently Careful Destiny is updating.
---------------
Epsilon
re: Secrets
Father Goose: Secrets Chapter 5 is now up.
Andrew is SUCH the ubergeek.
And I wanna play that game [Image: smile.gif]
RMH
Beers Law of Reciprocating Systems Dynamics:
Some mistakes are too fun to make only once.
Re: Updates
Sunrise Over Britain, Chapter 32.

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
re: Secrets
Secrets Chapter 6 is now up.
RMH
Broder's Law:
Anybody that wants the presidency so much that he'll spend two years organizing and campaigning for it is not to be trusted with the office.
Re: re: Secrets
compelled
www.tthfanfic.org/Story-1...estiny.htm
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
updates
Going Native 11 is up
www.fanfiction.net/s/3396972/11/
'Encounter at Dawn' is up to chapter 14
www.fanfiction.net/s/3439783/14/
*edit for link typo [Image: embarassed.gif]
Going Native 11 is up
www.fanfiction.net/s/3396972/11
404, file not found.
-----------------
Epsilon
Re: updates
Quote:
404, file not found.
There's a / missing at the end.
Re: updates
The road to Cydonia has been updating again and ff.net notices are once more on strike.
www.fanfiction.net/s/2314624/48/
More Father Goose
www.tthfanfic.org/Story-1...e+Tale.htm
And Dawn really needs to be slapped around the head with a clue stick.
Re: More Father Goose
I think dawns reaction is reasonable... I guess it just depends on your POV. Translate a few routing missions into military reports and then forget everything about SG-1 expt for those reports. What would your initial reaction be? I'd be mad as hell if the goverment was waging a secret war like that ON WHICH THE FATE OF THE ENTIRE PLANET RESTS. Plus some of Dawns friends almost got hurt because they lacked the information. And one former snake possesion did get killed, though the scoobies have yet to realize this.
Quote:
waging a secret war like that ON WHICH THE FATE OF THE ENTIRE PLANET RESTS.
Um, isn't that what the Slayers have been doing since time immemorial? ---------------
-Jon
Being the Mariner hitting coach is like being the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts.
-Poster on USSMariner.com
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"
In the story, Dawn is at that particular age when you start to shed the childhood notions of fairness, and the creeping menace of cynicism starts to show up.
now while her life so far might have ground a lot of the foolishness out... there is still a certain romanticism in fighting for a lost cause, warding the light against the shadows.
Now, she is starting to realize that a lot of the people outside of the extraordinary people she calls friends are somewhat different, and compare to them very poorly.
Or, as Heinlein said it best:
"What did I want?
I wanted the hurtling moons of Barsoom. I wanted Storisende and Poictesme, and Holmes shaking me awake to tell me, "The game's afoot!" I wanted to float down the Mississippi on a raft and elude a mob in company with the Duke of Bilgewater and Lost Dauphin.
I wanted Prester John, and Excalibur held by a moon-white arm out of a silent lake. I wanted to sail with Ulysses and with Tros of Samothrace and to eat the lotus in a land that seemd always afternoon. I wanted the feeling of romance and the sense of wonder I had known as a kid. I wanted the world to be the way they had promised me it was going to be, instead of the tawdry, lousy, fouled-up mess it is.
- Oscar Gordon, "Glory Road" "
Dang, did you have to post the link to the Father Goose Tales? I need to be doing laundry, homework, and finally get the taxes done. And what am I doing? Reading fanfic...
Only up to chapter four, but really nice so far.
-----

Will the transhumanist future have catgirls? Does Japan still exist? Well, there is your answer.
Shadows of the Future has updated.
www.fanfiction.net/s/3054756/25/
Re: Shadows of the Future has updated.
The critical difference is that the Slayers don't generally try to keep it a secret, and there is a big difference between the US goverment and the watchers council. Most notably from Dawns POV it's them and us, respectivly.
I think further debate would need its own thread though.
To keep this vaguely on topic Ozzalos has a inomplete spamfic in his profile.
www.fanfiction.net/u/891127/
re: Ozzalos Spamfic
Whoa. Nabs proves she's Akane's sister in that one, that's for sure!
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Re: re: Ozzalos Spamfic
Ayep. Hope she likes the taste of shoe-leather.
The Phoenix Blade is up to chapter 71...
And for the Galactica/Stargate fans, there's Encounter at Dawn.--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Update
A new chapter of Soul Voice:
www.fanfiction.net/s/3140845/18/

Aaron Nowack

Aaron Nowack