Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vivid update

Hmm...Deville seems to be a rather cold executioner type now that he's actually *talking*. He says he snapped Isis's neck while going for the decapitation, but until we see it on screen, I'm assuming that she managed to pull one over on him.

Isis' device style is...odd. Apparently it's some sort of chemical reaction that creates magic summons and effects? Not sure, but it seems closer to Lutecia and Caro than anything else.

Also, we have Deville's Divider React form here. Beware danbooru NSFW ads, as usual. All I gotta say is "That's a big fucking axe."
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

That looks.. incredibly different from just about anything we've seen so far.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Actually, it has several similarities to the Mariage drones from the Sound Stages, who were also fully armored things with weapon morphing arms and such. I don't think it's entirely a canonical link, storylinewise, but design-wise, this isn't exactly a HUGE difference.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

The only Mariage I've seen are the ones that look like women with Murakumo Unit goggles, so I wasn't aware of that.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

They mention in the audio (unillustrated, of course) that one of the Elites guarding Ix was this big hulking thing with an anti-tank SABOT style cannon attached of sorts. Extrapolating that to something similar is, admittedly, a leap of perspective and imagination, but the motif of the Mariage in general (armored military types out of a more gritty sci-fi setting) make the leap for Deville not that big for me.

The whole "morph into monster form" is admittedly a bit new, though. It's actually more extreme than Tohma, in its way.
---
waste."

More like she MORPHED her arm into one. Most likely Hucks like Marriages have they abilities because of nanobot swarms...

In less noxious developments, has anyone had a chance to look at the Gears of Destiny site and see what the scuttlebutt is on the Florian Sisters?

All I've been able to find out about them is basically from artwork, in that they use guns that have alternate sword modes and the pink one can also merge her twin swords into a really BIG sword. That, and their magic system is apparently called Formula Eltria (with an entirely new crest with what LOOKS vaguely like Hebrew script).
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Chapter 19 ( the real 19!) is now out.
 BYapes
Brian Y.
Seed Chronicles

RE: Highlights
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Quote:Berk wrote:

RE: Highlights

Spoiler [+]

That's not a hogtie. That's not a hogtie at all.
I'm not sure what this tells us about the twins' hobbies.
 BYapes

Brian Y.
Seed Chronicles

They were raised by Scaglietti and a close and personal with SEIN. That tell use all we need to know.
--------------------------------------
I am the LORD OF THE CRACK!
Check out said crack:
Takamachi Nanoha of 2814- Green Lantern Nanoha. To START! Now with a TvTropes page!
FATE/Holy Grail War of 2814- The Fifth Holy Grail War with Magical Girl Prisma Illya, in the DCAU, from the above story.
Magical Girl Magistra Erebea Molly- the world's first Dresden Files/TvTropes Crossover.
VENGEANCE! The Musical! The Story of Uchiha Sasuke

Chapter 20
Did we really need that cover page?
Did we really need those panels towards the end?

NotDavies Wrote:Chapter 20
Yes.
NotDavies Wrote:Did we really need those panels towards the end?
Which panels are you talking about?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Are they SFW?
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

The cover page may be too cute and sugary to survive an workplace environment...
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

NotDavies Wrote:Chapter 20
Did we really need those panels towards the end?
Adult Nanoha bathtime = Thumbs up.
Loli Bathtime = Thumbs down.

ECSNorway Wrote:Are they SFW?
The title page shows Nanoha in the bathtub. You tell me...

[size=smaller](I originally said "The title page is Nanoha in the bathtub." If it was that easy to download a pretty woman, as opposed to a picture of a pretty woman, my bandwidth charges would be through the roof...)[/size]
--
Rob Kelk

robkelk Wrote:If it was that easy to download a pretty woman, as opposed to a picture of a pretty woman, my bandwidth charges would be through the roof...
*Snrk!*

robkelk Wrote:(I originally said "The title page is Nanoha in the bathtub." If it was that easy to download a pretty woman, as opposed to a picture of a pretty woman, my bandwidth charges would be through the roof...)

I'm pretty sure if it was that easy there would be a lot of smoking craters and Nanoha would have a lot of new friends. Granted the first time she probably would be reasonable but by the time fanboi #9781 downloads her, her patience will have long since snapped. Not to mention all the vampires and other critters suddenly running around. And yet somehow I can't help but wish for that world anyway... especially since my connection is still uncapped.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

*finds title image*

Anyone remember back when Nanoha was 10?

Yeah, me neither.
---
waste."

I remember when she was 8...
--
Rob Kelk

Nanoha, as a character in general, is yet another argument for WHY Japanese cartoons and comics really do need more adults in them.

Won't be long and Nanoha and Vivio will be something unheard of: a positivity frightening mother/daughter face-beating team.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Chapter 21...
 Llllleeeetttt's get ready to rrrumble!
 BYapes@aol.com
Brian Y.
Seed Chronicles

The tournament continues with Chapter 22

And a new series, Nanoha A La Carte, an anthology of shorts and one-shots.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

*Reads the second one-shot* So, it's still not canon that those two are pretty much married? Seriously?