Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Spoilers] vs Ninjas
[Spoilers] vs Ninjas
Cowboys vs Ninjas, come one come all...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6Qi9QaL0Lg
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

looks SO BAD and SO GOOD
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

If I wasn't sure my dad would suffer motion sickness from the jump cuts, I'd take him to see it. He is a CONNOISSEUR of crappy movies... when he's not bugging me with his online schoolwork. Wink
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Oh yeah, Peg and I saw this trailer before RED a couple weekends back. We decided we wanted to see it, regardless of how good it actually turned out.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Gaaah!
Stop dragging the kissaki of your sword through the gravel you whiny emo ninja suck stain!
But less seriously,
The Korean kung-fu film market is currently what the Hong-Kong one was several years ago - the innovators in the genre.  This looks like a fusion project intended for release to both markets, and borrows heavily from the mythos of at least three epic tales.  Just from the trailers alone I see the influences of  Lone Wolf and Cub, Journey to the West, and every arty kung-fu flick (I'm looking at your Crouching Tiger) from the last decade.
Maybe not in the theatre, but they will likely get my hard-earned on the DVD release.

Quote:I see the influences of Lone Wolf and Cub
In fact, when we saw the trailer I wondered at first if it were a big-budget remake of LWaC.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Needs a theme song