Quote:Akamatsu you magnificent bastard.
...I read your manga.

I'll wait, thanks.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Mangareader has chapter 352 up.
And, what I was referring to in my earlier post, is that way back, Rakan observed that:

New chapter is up.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

OpMegs Wrote:For batshit, out of left field solutions, I'll put forth Chao returning from the future in a few chapters, dragging Asuna along with her, who will slowly recover her memories and personality via exposure to the cast, while not breaking Negi's current plan, because Time Travel Hax.

Aaaaaaand it looks like I wasn't nearly batshit enough to assume Akamatsu'd tie it up this neatly. Still, I didn't know the story was ending in four chapters back then. :lol
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

New chapter is out.
I wouldn't mind reading a series based on this, if he were to lower the amount of fanservice.
-----
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Jorlem Wrote:New chapter is out.
I wouldn't mind reading a series based on this, if he were to lower the amount of fanservice.

Up until page 13, I was half-expecting the culprit to be Happosai...

Yeah, I'd read this manga, too. And, dayum, she's looking good, even before the end of the chapter. No, especially before the end of the chapter.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Oh yeah,
-- Bob
---------

New...and final chapter is out.

Wow...just wow.

BYapes

Brian Y.
Seed Chronicles

Heh. Doesn't quite come out and say it, but pretty clearly implies that

-- Bob
---------

Honestly, while I enjoyed that, I think I need to join in with the people I've been reading, who've been saying that that felt rushed. So many plot resolutions, coming out of nowhere!

-----

I just hope we get some compilation-only stories to answer a few questions, such as
--
Rob Kelk

Why the Negima! manga ended abruptly:

Ken Akamitsu's blog

Analysis in English

(And I thought US and Canadian copyright law was getting bad...)
--
Rob Kelk

Whoah.

And very much worthy of threadcromancy. Yech! I can't believe these people! Don't they see that if they implement a law like this the entire industry is gonna go underground? Or rather, directly to the web? There's more than a few web comics out there that do commendably well on donations, modest ad support... comics such as Sluggy Freelance, Gunnerkrigg Court, MSPA, Questionable Content, Dominic Deegan, Megatokyo... these all have the distinction of being the bread and butter of their respective 'manga-ka'. Sure, most of those exist in print form as well, but that kinda happened after their success.

So... If Kodansha and the other publishers REALLY want to go that route... I'm pretty sure all of Japan's manga-ka will only be too happy to setup webpages where they can publish their stuff and sling their merchandise. Besides, a lot of Japanese people are starting to read their manga on their smartphones anyhow. Heh-heh-heh. Also, I'm pretty sure they won't have any trouble at all with reputable scanslation groups providing English translations for for their American, UK, and AUS sites. Smile