Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't forget - **CENSORED** is happening soon
Don't forget - **CENSORED** is happening soon
Yes, it's nearly two months away, but some folks might want to prepare for it:

http://www.ala.org/advocacy/banned/bannedbooksweek]Banned Books Week is September 30-October 6 this year. Get a banned book (there's a list on the website) and read it! And do that again during the week!
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Hrmph, make the list difficult to find why don't they. Interesting some of those books have a recent movie adaptation.....still that list is missing a big banned book: The Golden Book of Science. Banned in the sense of possessing experiments that are now days coincided litigation bait if performed without any due regards to safety. Fun times!

I'm pretty sure I've got it in a bookcase, along with a magazine with an article on how to make a simple nuclear device - the hard & extremely messy way and another obsolete book on atomic energy (which now reads like an in-universe book for Fallout).

I'm pretty certain a banned book for my area of the world typically consists of how to make big booms and devices designed to repeatedly ballistically launch many small pieces of metal.

Link for a free PDF version of the book is available here: http://chemistry.about.com/b/2008/08/05 ... iments.htm

Enjoy!

Now I'm tempted to find myself a digital copy of The Anarchist's Cook Book. (Honestly, my parents should have seen the signs early on and pushed me towards a career in demolition.)

BA, ain't most of the demo companies in the US a family one? For they're the ones that are typicaly filmed for shows on NatGeo, History, Discovery.

Ayep, that's a familiar book to me, I think I've run into similar content in a of that era UNICEF guide for setting up a science lab on the cheep. A book I should've asked if I could have during an clearance of a relatives estate, it contained many a thing that the 163x'ers at Baen's Bar should know about.