Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part X
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part X
(10-23-2017, 06:50 PM)robkelk Wrote: I just made an executive decision.

We enabled boilerplates on the freebie wiki today. It took less than two hours for somebody to ask how to use them. I just edited that wiki's MediaWiki:Newarticletext to give quick-and-dirty instructions... and then edited MediaWiki:Newarticletext on ATT to suggest using boilerplates there as well.

If there was a technical reason that MediaWiki:Newarticletext was blank on ATT, go ahead and re-blank the page.

Now for a tricky question: Is there any way to pass the contents of an InputBox (or some other text-entry method) to a DPL list?

We already have DynamicPageList3 installed. If we can use it to let people search for pages with more than one category, we could open up the range of services we offer. ("Want a list of horror anime made in the 1990s? Want a list of rom-coms that aired on Fox? Want to know which books are banned on TV Tropes? We can make those lists for you!")

First Rob, thanks, that's a good idea you had.

As for the CM thing, bit of background.

The Complete Monster trope wars hails all the way back to the TV Tropes autism wars over that trope. People who raged over the people who qualifies and got banned went to the Villains wiki on Wikia to continue the battle, but honestly, they'd really like to do so on a troping wiki because, y'know, it's where they all did all this to begin with, and since they are outcast from TVT, we got eyed as their replacements.

Doc is the sanest person I found willing to attempt keeping a lid on that nonsense, and has the good sense to tag in someone like me when they are about to lose it, and so far they've basically had my personal stamp of approval on dealing with these matters most of the time.

If any of you guys notice Doc is about to go nova on some stubborn idiot, more often than not they are either some jackass unwilling to accept no means no or a sock of some douche who went by the name Lady Satsuki once who has some idiotic grudge against authority of any sort who is outcast from TVT and Wikia and basically keeps trying to start stupid crap for reasons that lower my IQ just thinking about them.

If anyone sees this, if I'm not around, please throw Doc a rope, poor sod is essentially wrangling this crap by themselves a lot, and they have shown a lot of restraint in not going on spittle flecked rants IMO, though I wouldn't blame Doc if he did every so often.

Tip: You can tell is LS sock if they start wanting to arbitrarily delete stuff and move crap around to "reduce" the amount of CM pages for cvague reasons.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part X - by GethN7 - 10-25-2017, 10:17 AM
Something's broken again - by Bob Schroeck - 11-09-2017, 08:53 AM
Heads up on a new contributor - by Bob Schroeck - 11-17-2017, 08:39 AM
RE: Heads up on a new contributor - by robkelk - 11-17-2017, 09:52 AM
OK, this is weird... - by Bob Schroeck - 12-18-2017, 06:46 PM
RE: OK, this is weird... - by SelfCloak - 12-18-2017, 07:06 PM
Just a heads-up - by Bob Schroeck - 01-19-2018, 12:45 PM
Prototype related pages feature - by GethN7 - 01-31-2018, 07:07 PM
Behold our new forum prototype - by GethN7 - 02-01-2018, 02:32 PM
New User To Keep An Eye On - by Bob Schroeck - 02-08-2018, 04:40 PM
RE: New User To Keep An Eye On - by GethN7 - 02-08-2018, 05:35 PM