Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part X
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part X
In terms of the commission applying to myself, I have that type of nagging feeling, you know what I mean; the one where I feel the current... administration would resist every effort to a very big degree. I believe that this would cause a resurgence of old problems and an attempt to delegitimize ATT via the proxy of myself and their characterisation of myself and how ATT fits into the Miraheze sphere.

I will let myself be if that is the consensus (and in happier waters, would immediately accept as a compliment) but I imagine Bob will cause less of the clashing between me and the other person/s in this scenario.

I also think Reception123 statement of what a userpage has no impact on a nomination is probably not as stress-tested as you might believe. I would struggle to believe for example if a user had the userpage stating (and I am using a very extreme case example to illuminate my point) of "HOLOCAUST WAS EXAGGERATED, ALL JEWS MUST BE BANNED FROM MIRAHEZE, PEDOPHILIA IS LOVE", that they would be considered eligible to stand and not immediately admonished/banned as a troll.

I can forecast that the response of that nature would delve into the semantics of what eligible means as opposed to actually in the running, which can be understandable, but Reception in this instance was the one who nominated someone in permanent self-exile from the farm, with that user accepting, without publicly announcing the end of that self-exile and the impact that would have as opposed to a quiet acceptance of a nomination to a vital role in the community. This means that they are deliberately therefore nominating someone who wouldn't be seriously in the running and under the knowledge of doing so, should they make that argument.

I however know perfectly well that even with our extremely friendly reminder of the problem with a specific nomination, pragmatism will always have to be the sole source of action. They have claimed that the two with the most support will be the accepted ones. I know perfectly well that I would never be in the top two; especially compared with the more experienced and established meta individuals like Cnoc and Alvaro.

AFAIK/IIRC we don't have a problem with those two in any form, unless we can expand to three and then try to be the third times a charm, it's more the case of ensuring that no backdoors are left open; I think I make myself clear enough what I am stating.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part X - by LulzKiller - 11-02-2017, 09:22 AM
Something's broken again - by Bob Schroeck - 11-09-2017, 08:53 AM
Heads up on a new contributor - by Bob Schroeck - 11-17-2017, 08:39 AM
RE: Heads up on a new contributor - by robkelk - 11-17-2017, 09:52 AM
OK, this is weird... - by Bob Schroeck - 12-18-2017, 06:46 PM
RE: OK, this is weird... - by SelfCloak - 12-18-2017, 07:06 PM
Just a heads-up - by Bob Schroeck - 01-19-2018, 12:45 PM
Prototype related pages feature - by GethN7 - 01-31-2018, 07:07 PM
Behold our new forum prototype - by GethN7 - 02-01-2018, 02:32 PM
New User To Keep An Eye On - by Bob Schroeck - 02-08-2018, 04:40 PM
RE: New User To Keep An Eye On - by GethN7 - 02-08-2018, 05:35 PM