Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part X
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part X
(01-08-2018, 01:41 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote:
(01-05-2018, 04:57 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: The MWExceptions are making it impossible to add a comment on the talk page, so I'm forced to suggest this here:

I just came across the page Cartoonish Supervillainy, and I'm thinking it should be moved into the "So You Want To" namespace, with an appropriate (but minimal) name change -- "So You Want To/Be a Cartoonish Supervillain".  Objections?

And I just found another... How to Invade An Alien Planet should also be under "So You Want To"; when I get around to moving Cartoonish Supervillain, I'll move that as well.

As I post this, there are 101 pages that link to "Template:How-To Guide". Fifteen of those pages are not in the "So You Want To/" space. How many of those fifteen should be moved?

(01-08-2018, 01:41 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: And my pointless gripe of the day:  There's a new trope in the workshop -- Tactile Script -- the creator of which gave a ten-word sentence fragment which doesn't even parse clearly in English as the description.  And no freaking categories beyond the default -- can we do something to force people to add categories before allowing a trope candidate to be saved?  I've gone in and actually turned the trope into something workable, but damn, I wish our tropers would do more than a half-assed job to start with.

I'm worried that, if we force people to add #NUMBER categories to a page, we'll get the first #NUMBER categories listed on the Categories list.

Here's what I put at the end of the new page template on the freebie wiki:
Quote:<!-- If you are not comfortable defining categories for pages, leave everything after this line as it is. If you are comfortable defining categories for pages, add categories after this line and delete the "Pages Needing Categories" category. -->
<includeonly>
[[Category:Pages Needing Categories]]
{{DEFAULTSORT:{{PAGENAME}}}} <!-- If the page name starts with "A", "An", "The" or a punctuation mark, replace "{{PAGENAME}}" with a version of the name without them here. DEFAULTSORT should be the very last thing on the page if it's used at all. -->
</includeonly>
This means I need to pay attention to Category:Pages Needing Categories, of course.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
Something's broken again - by Bob Schroeck - 11-09-2017, 08:53 AM
Heads up on a new contributor - by Bob Schroeck - 11-17-2017, 08:39 AM
RE: Heads up on a new contributor - by robkelk - 11-17-2017, 09:52 AM
OK, this is weird... - by Bob Schroeck - 12-18-2017, 06:46 PM
RE: OK, this is weird... - by SelfCloak - 12-18-2017, 07:06 PM
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part X - by robkelk - 01-08-2018, 03:59 PM