Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XI
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XI
So... last night I noticed something that had escaped me for the last few years.  We have two different "unmarked spoiler warning" templates.

{{Unmarked Spoilers}} (with both words uppercased}} produces this:

Quote:WARNING! There are unmarked Spoilers ahead. Beware.

Meanwhile, {{Unmarked spoilers}} (with "spoilers" lowercased) produces this text in a red box with an "information" icon (white lowercase "i" in a blue circle):

Quote:WARNING: The contents of this page include unmarked spoilers. Don't scroll down unless you don't mind having Plot Twists and other secrets revealed.
If you have checked or updated this page and there are no more unmarked spoilers, please remove this notice.

Until now, I don't think we've used the latter version; it's just been the first one, as the last line of an article, and frankly, I think it's kind of ugly.  However SelfCloak just recently rolled through a lot of the pages in Category:Pages with Unmarked Spoilers and applied the second one to them.

I am personally inclined to go through his work and change them all to the first template (and then change the second one to a redirect to the first), but before I do that, I want to get a sense of whether I'm alone in disliking the infobox version of the warning.  I mean, if no one else objects, I'm not going to change SelfCloak's efforts.   Opinions, please?
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XI - by Bob Schroeck - 02-12-2018, 08:58 AM
NEW FORUM IS READY! - by GethN7 - 05-12-2018, 07:37 PM
Yeesh - by Bob Schroeck - 05-17-2018, 01:44 PM
Fun with Tabber - by GethN7 - 06-07-2018, 03:11 AM