Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XI
RE: Back to the Unmarked Spoilers templates
(02-15-2018, 10:41 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: So I finally went to reconcile these two, and I realize that what we have here are two templates with almost identical names with two wildly varying purposes.

One is a warning to the reader that by the very nature of the page its contents will include unmarked spoilers.

The other is a maintentance alert much like {{cleanup}} indicating that the page has spoilers that should be hidden and aren't.

They also apply different categories to their pages:  "Unmarked Spoilers" for the reader warning, "Pages with Unmarked Spoilers" for the maintenance alert.

Contrary to my earlier stance, I'm thinking now that we shouldn't merge these... but maybe rename the maintenance alert to something a little more indicative instead.  How do {{spoilers need markup}} or even just {{fix spoilers}} sound?

That's a good idea, makes sense. The two template names are fine, but I prefer {{fix spoilers}}.

For the categories applied, the one for the maintenance template should be renamed to something different, like "Pages Needing Spoiler Markup".

The unmarked spoiler templates I added to some pages were meant as a warning to the reader.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Back to the Unmarked Spoilers templates - by SelfCloak - 02-15-2018, 02:55 PM
NEW FORUM IS READY! - by GethN7 - 05-12-2018, 07:37 PM
Yeesh - by Bob Schroeck - 05-17-2018, 01:44 PM
Fun with Tabber - by GethN7 - 06-07-2018, 03:11 AM