Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XI
RE: Back to the Unmarked Spoilers templates
(02-15-2018, 10:41 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: So I finally went to reconcile these two, and I realize that what we have here are two templates with almost identical names with two wildly varying purposes.

There's something funny about those two spoiler templates... Namely that both seem to have been created by our very own Bob Schroeck, albeit years apart. I'm guessing that the contexts were different to result in such different results. But there sure are a lot of pages that aren't using either one of them. It took me about ten seconds to find a page with a non-templated warning. I don't know if anything on the page actually was an unmarked spoiler, but it was chock-full of things that were spoiler tagged too.

For that matter, there's some awfully weird stuff in the template namespace in general. Do we even use those wikipedia moderation bits? And what's even the point of Template:!(( and it's ilk?

On a different spoiler-related note, I think I may have brought this up sometime before, but either way I'm gonna have a go at it now.

So here's the page for Ar tonelico. Is it for the first game in the series, or for the franchise? Actually it's kind of both. There are tagged spoilers for the second and third games... mostly with no indication they're not for the first game. Some other things are just bizarrely out of context. Meanwhile, the page for the second game is refreshingly free of spoilers for the third.

It seems to me like someone who has played the first game thoroughly, but only that one, should have a trope page for it that they can read without getting spoiled. However, I don't know what the best way to handle this is, given that there's some things that really need commenting on in context of the series as a whole. (I've got some ideas, but it's late here.)

Also, this isn't the only example I've seen of this, it's just one that I'm a huge enough fan of to not have forgotten about (and that I know enough about to potentially fix).

What say you, troper-type people?

-Morgan. Not that this is the only problem with those pages, but the others are more straightforward...
Some people have Worm SIs with phenomenal cosmic power.
My Worm SI is Emma and Madison's therapist.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Back to the Unmarked Spoilers templates - by Morganite - 03-03-2018, 01:24 AM
NEW FORUM IS READY! - by GethN7 - 05-12-2018, 07:37 PM
Yeesh - by Bob Schroeck - 05-17-2018, 01:44 PM
Fun with Tabber - by GethN7 - 06-07-2018, 03:11 AM