Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XI
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XI
(05-23-2018, 07:08 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Should we give him another tempban for consistently ignoring style and content guidelines and all but ignoring admin communications?  I have to admit I'm getting tired of having to check every one of his edits and fix spelling, punctuation, markup and often basic sentence construction.  And he seems completely unable to learn from either example or instruction.

The first tempban didn't seem to do anything. Would a second one be different?

(05-23-2018, 08:01 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Admins, please check out this talk page.  Jade Shauni asked a question which revealed that the page in question -- one of the ones she (?) started in the Workshop -- is a simple rewrite of a TVT original.  And by "simple" I mean she rewrote each TVT paragraph individually -- hell, in some cases she rewrote each sentence individually -- instead of recreating the article from scratch.  Now strictly speaking I suppose it doesn't infringe, but I wouldn't want to defend it in court.  Can I get folks to take a look and weigh in on whether we keep the page or not, please?  Thanks.

Ooh, tricky. Is that a sufficiently new work that copyright wouldn't apply, or a translation and thus a derivative work? I don't know copyright law that well.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
NEW FORUM IS READY! - by GethN7 - 05-12-2018, 07:37 PM
Yeesh - by Bob Schroeck - 05-17-2018, 01:44 PM
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XI - by robkelk - 05-23-2018, 08:13 AM
Fun with Tabber - by GethN7 - 06-07-2018, 03:11 AM