Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XI
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XI
(05-22-2018, 06:12 AM)robkelk Wrote: You're right - it was set up to find pages that used either template. (goes and double-checks documentation) And I see I can't search for pages that use two templates... so I'm changing that list to searching for just the deathtrope template. EDIT: Better, yet, it's now a list of pages in CategoryBig Grineath Tropes that don't use the deathtrope template.

Hmmm. As I understand it, the idea is that characters dying is pretty much always a spoiler, so it's pointless to have spoiler markup on death trope pages, because then everything would be spoilered.

There's a couple there that seem like they're more often the setup for the story than a reveal within it, though - Humanity's Wake, Death Takes a Holiday, maybe Celestial Bureaucracy? Starts with a Suicide, for the most part.

I'm not sure what the best way to handle this is.

(05-24-2018, 07:47 PM)robkelk Wrote: So, I've been taking entries at pseudo-random off the list of pages with Category:No Real Life Examples, Please that don't use Template:noreallife and applying the template - and I found Lysistrata Gambit. That's a lot of Real Life examples... Which would be worse, removing the category or doing an Example Sectionectomy?

I'm not seeing anything that obviously triggers my "Yeah, we don't want examples like this" sense. (Although one I'm not sure is actually an example of the trope at all.) Removing the category sounds fine to me.

-Morgan.
Some people have Worm SIs with phenomenal cosmic power.
My Worm SI is Emma and Madison's therapist.

Messages In This Thread
NEW FORUM IS READY! - by GethN7 - 05-12-2018, 07:37 PM
Yeesh - by Bob Schroeck - 05-17-2018, 01:44 PM
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XI - by Morganite - 05-24-2018, 10:47 PM
Fun with Tabber - by GethN7 - 06-07-2018, 03:11 AM