Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XI
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XI
(07-10-2018, 08:11 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Not the first time someone copied us to them -- I recall one of my articles got cut'n'pasted a year or two back.  I like to think it means we're serious competition despite our much smaller userbase.

Small update:

I posted, with the approval of a moderator, to their thread for cleaning up plagiarism, and I got this crap:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php?di...omment-247

I submitted what I believe to be a reasonable response and have even generously offered to forgive and allow reuse of my plagiarised content so long as they link back to the original for attribution purposes.

I have also submitted the following request to their moderation, as I want the lie we are thieves definitively put to bed:

This is something I admit irks me.

Fast Eddie spread the false belief we were thieves and unfortunately, that lie has been allowed to spread, with results you see here:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php?discussion=14727740310A09919300&page=10#comment-247[Image: external_link.gif]

While I have every intention of honoring the wishes of site staff here and otherwise remaining silent on this matter except when I had to (the mere act of posting in that thread), I would request this baseless lie we are complicit thieves (a fact we established to be false in a legal agreement we worked out with Drew himself) be put to rest for everyone here. I even had Wikia torch the original Tropes Wiki they had and reconstitute it with completely legal to reuse under CC BY SA content, with attribution duly provided to here in the edit history to prove we reused from the date it was still legal to do so under CC BY SA.

Our Miraheze fork is licensed the same way and we did the same there to avoid any impropriety, and I take immense offense your site has been allowed to believe we have violated any laws, which we have consulted actual lawyers about and worked out with your current owner (a lawyer himself), who concurs we stayed on the straight and narrow insofar as we possibly could.

Messages In This Thread
NEW FORUM IS READY! - by GethN7 - 05-12-2018, 07:37 PM
Yeesh - by Bob Schroeck - 05-17-2018, 01:44 PM
Fun with Tabber - by GethN7 - 06-07-2018, 03:11 AM
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XI - by GethN7 - 07-11-2018, 12:33 AM