Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I really shouldn't go shopping...
I really shouldn't go shopping...
Especially at "dealers and artists only" comic conventions. Got business cards from a couple of artists who aren't accepting commissions at the moment, passed by other artists who were either too busy or drew in a style I didn't like, bought a few goodies.

For those who wanted "RWBY in the original Japanese" (yes, I know), there's now a RWBY manga by Shirow Miwa. Viz has the NA rights: ISBN 978-1-4215-9512-2. Haven't had time to actually read it yet, but doing a quick flip through the first few pages and seeing Team RWBY in Japanese-style school uniforms is ... well, it's something. Oh, and it isn't a retelling of the original story: there's a set-piece Ruby vs. Cardin fight in chapter 1.

One of the dealers was selling "no box" figures. I picked up a couple of Sakuras - Shinguuji and Kinomoto - and a Misaka Mikoto. (Left Saber and Rin behind.) Since they're older with no-box, they go on display soon.

On, and got a couple of decks of cards with K-On! backs. They appeared to be legit.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: I really shouldn't go shopping...
Took a better look at teh RWBY manga. It does draw on the established continuity more than I thought it did - slightly over half the book is a retelling of the original trailers / Team RWBY backstories. I understand Weiss's trailer a lot better now. It completely changes the first battle that Teams RWBY and JNPR took part in together, though (and had that battle be in part Torchwick's doing).
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: I really shouldn't go shopping...
Hmm, manga recommendation: "Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle".

Summary: The Demon Kingdom has kidnapped the beautiful, much-loved Princess Syalis from the human kingdom. The human kingdom tries several times to rescue her. These rescue attempts are only a minor and occasional side story, however. The manga focuses on the Princess herself, who is bored stiff, and decides to while away her time by sleeping. The main story is the shenanigans she gets up to in search of a good night's sleep. Needless to say, it is hilariously funny and pretty amusing bit of crack.
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.