Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COVID-19 Check-In Thread Part IV
RE: COVID-19 Check-In Thread Part IV
Still waiting on my second dose - it's scheduled for the weekend after next.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Still kicking here. We're at more or less the limit of what we're willing to do - facilities providing some level of proper social distancing on a reservation basis. We'll probably go to our first restaurant in August, but given the way Delta is surging across the country, I'm expecting that there will be rumblings soon regarding reimposing a mask mandate - given the way store employees have been killed for asking, it's not reasonable to expect stores to implement their own mandates for masks and have them stick from a liability standpoint. I'm still wearing a mask to go to the store; we did relent when we last went to Costco and went unmasked, but that's likely one of the few times we'll do so.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
Figured out why I hadn't been offered a 1st dose ---- I hate bureaucracy. Got it sorted anyway and lined up for Tuesday.

We're back to well over a thousand cases a day - it only took a week for that to happen. Everyone that matters is vaccinated, hospitalisation rates are staying low - it's mostly just the younger people getting it now when they go back to work but they don't matter to anyone.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
(07-17-2021, 08:35 PM)robkelk Wrote: Still waiting on my second dose - it's scheduled for the weekend after next.

It's been rescheduled... to tomorrow afternoon. Smile
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Still around, I was able to get my vaccination shots a while back through work (they were hosting one of the sites for people to come and get the vaccine, this back when you still have to sign up to do so rather than just walk in, and as a result they offered any spare capacity to staff). The rest of my immediate family has managed to get shots as well. Of course unlike much of the rest of the world the problem here isn't so much getting enough vaccine for everyone who wants it as convincing people that the vaccine isn't some lefty hyper capitalist plot to inject you with a tracking chip and give you random DNA mutations. So of course the numbers are rising again due to a combination of people dropping all precautions (and I am pissed off at our governor, work was keeping precautions in place but we're a county agency and the governor issued an executive order forbidding any government agencies in the state from mandating masks, vaccines, or other safety procedures) and not enough vaccinated people to reach herd immunity without it being gained through deaths. Yay.
Will the transhumanist future have catgirls? Does Japan still exist? Well, there is your answer.
(07-19-2021, 08:54 PM)LilFluff Wrote: So of course the numbers are rising again due to a combination of people dropping all precautions (and I am pissed off at our governor, work was keeping precautions in place but we're a county agency and the governor issued an executive order forbidding any government agencies in the state from mandating masks, vaccines, or other safety procedures) and not enough vaccinated people to reach herd immunity without it being gained through deaths. Yay.

I don't think that's the case here given that the local transit authority is still mandating masks on vehicles and in their facilities. Then again, my state has a Democratic governor.

Oh yeah, I'm still here.
So yeah, I'm late about a week, but now I can say that as well as being OK and still in work (even if it's bloody warm cuerrently) I have got BOTH jabs now.

That's a thing I guess.
(07-19-2021, 08:31 AM)robkelk Wrote:
(07-17-2021, 08:35 PM)robkelk Wrote: Still waiting on my second dose - it's scheduled for the weekend after next.

It's been rescheduled... to tomorrow afternoon. Smile

Just got it. I think I might be in a minority of Canadians - both of my doses are the same type of vaccine (Moderna).
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
...Well, this is embarrassing.

No excuses, I honestly forgot to check in. I'll do better!

Siegfried: "Sumenai."
“In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
“They opened up a can’a dumbass!” – Jon Stewart regarding Fox News, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
“Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.” – Harvey Fierstein
I'm still here. Given everything going on with the antivaxers and the Delta variant, it seems to be just as well that I decided to keep updating.
So, as of today, I'm considered fully vaccinated. Funny, after all the hooplah, I'd have thought it would mean more.

Anyways, still here. Still coasting, medically. Still bored to tears, and wishing I could afford to move out. So, the usual.
(07-28-2021, 08:32 PM)Dragonflight Wrote: So, as of today, I'm considered fully vaccinated. Funny, after all the hooplah, I'd have thought it would mean more.

You're six days ahead of me , there...

(07-28-2021, 08:32 PM)Dragonflight Wrote: Anyways, still here. Still coasting, medically. Still bored to tears, and wishing I could afford to move out. So, the usual.

Still alive, reasonably well, and slightly larger than normal size. (I need more exercise. Next week, I can start getting outside more often.)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Still here. Busy cursing the antivaxers and anti-maskers.
Well, now that I'm on a fortnightly sequence, I believe it's time to say I'm still good.

Which is kinda obvious as I'm posting thins, but whatever.

Office is opeing up a bit now, so I get to see people in person!  (At proper social distancing, desk cleaning done, and spare masks available as needed.)
Triangle Five checking in. Nothing to report, just some cat knocking over a trash can beside a fruit box. What a boring night, I almost hope something does happen just to have a little excitemen--
--
‎noli esse culus
<snrk>
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Still here. Still alive. Happy that I have both shots.

CBC News: Trudeau asks top public servant to look into mandatory vaccination for federal workers

"Government also exploring mandatory vaccination for federally regulated industries"
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Still here. Medical situation hasn't gotten worse yet. I'm officially in the 250's now, and slowly dropping. That makes it 40lbs since May. 60 if you count the initial water weight. The goal is 180, so we'll see if i get there.
Checking in. Did our first sit-down restaurant outing yesterday, with a friend who's also fully vaccinated, and who's now splitting time between Denver and Tucson, and it was a small hole-in-the-wall pizza place we all love. Past that milestone, we're likely as far along the "establish a new normal to replace the old track" as we can get until the pandemic subsides.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
Still here. Went to my local 24-hour CVS last night and forgot my mask. Oops. Good thing I'm vaxxed.
(08-10-2021, 12:39 AM)Inquisitive Raven Wrote: Still here. Went to my local 24-hour CVS last night and forgot my mask. Oops. Good thing I'm vaxxed.

Hey, if you can't get a mask at a drugstore...
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Another late check in. Still doing ok.
Got my second shot yesterday. Smile
Finally becoming part of the fully vaxxed set here.
Just about 55% currently in Germany. Sad
Government has decided that people who could be vaxxed and are not will have to pay for their tests (starting in October) instead of getting them for free as is currently done. For all the whining I hear about that in the news, I believe that is a correct step.
----
Web Home
mrgle. Still here, still alive. Been doing a lot of gaming of late since they re locked down LA county

and, joy of joys I get to make a road trip to WY in a week or so.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
Vaccinised.

Still tired. Still short of breath. But that's normal.

Germany has the right idea. People who couldn't be arsed getting the needle need a slap.They need to feel some sort of social pain for their stubborness.

Amusingly, the vaccine program seems to be one of the few things this government has managed to get right. I've me real cert so I don't need to use a photoshopped one anymore but I've nowhere to really go right now.

Booked me first concert since Slipknot in 2020 --- going to see Alestorm in December. That should be a blast.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
*mad little giggle*

Still here. Still wishing I was there. But at least I'm here.

*bloodshot eyes* Tourists decided 3:30am was a good time to shout, laugh, and generally make a ruckus in the middle of the street of a residential neighborhood. By the time I was about to get up to call the police, they started quieting down, natch, but I still couldn't get back under.

*sigh* Some people...

I know there's freedom of speech and freedom to congregate, but SHUT THE FRACK UP! YOU KNOW HOW LATE IT IS?! IT'S TOMORROW!
“In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
“They opened up a can’a dumbass!” – Jon Stewart regarding Fox News, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
“Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.” – Harvey Fierstein