Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COVID-19 Check-In Thread Part IV
RE: COVID-19 Check-In Thread Part IV
Believe me, I am still alive, well, and of normal size.
Arrah, I do nae always hit the vidya, but when I do I hit it verra hard. Don't be surprized if I'm not around for a few days, I have a hundred and one characters to process and get up to speed with the party that has been active through Disgaea 6's story mode and a couple hundred hours of grinding beyond in the postgame.
--
‎noli esse culus
Still here. Have concluded that I need to see a dentist, but before I let a stranger poke around in my mouth, I figure I ought to get that booster shot.
Still more of a lurker than really hear, but still alive, and thanks to the VA system, already have the booster.

So, how do I celebrate? First by working my gonads off this week, then monday... "I'M GOING TO DISNEYLAND!!!!!!"

(Litterally!)
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
Not been checking in. Been making do. Just got my booster shot tonight, and the flu shot on top of it, so this should be fun.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
Eek, well, hopefully blah-next-day symptoms will hold off until after any holiday observances you're planning. I got that out of the way last week, and am not expecting to do any more than have my aunt join us for a mid-day meal, but am up at 2am cooking things anyway because... uh... reasons... I guess. And insomnia, can't forget that. No matter how hard I try.

Not a huge lot of cooking mind you, just stuffing-from-a-box-plus-fresh-cranberries and the same plus some ground meat fried with mushrooms rather than the cranberries (pork, because ground turkey was US $8/lb and pork mostly tastes like what you season it with anyway, plus it doesn't induce nearly as much gas) that was going to be a meatloaf until I realized I didn't have any eggs on hand, so potatoes will just have to be baked (well, microwaved) and any cheese added to them or applied separately. I suppose it means I don't have to check on a meatloaf every hour or so until it's done, but still.

Pumpkin and apple pies are also waiting in the oven, and a tub of strawberries in the fridge. (Okay, half an apple pie at this point, but still enough for everyone to have a slice of it and two pumpkin if they wanted.) And this is just what I'm contributing, my aunt has the same tendency to make multiple large dishes despite only having the four of us (Her, my father and uncle, and myself) present for the occasional lunch visit, let alone with a feast-y holiday as an excuse.

So, we'll probably have a loaded table and several days of leftovers even without the hundred-plus-extended-family potlucks that used to be the standard around here, which is ruled out for obvious reasons this year as the last. We'll continue to say "no thanks" to another helping of super-spreader events, thanks all the same.
--
‎noli esse culus
Never caught it, got the two-part vax back in August. Been pretty fine since.
Still here. So, I can get a booster at my local CVS, and at all kinds of weird hours, but they want me to upload pictures of my insurance card before I make my appointment. The front of my insurance card is unreadable. Looks like I need a new insurance card.
Still here. Getting my booster soon.
“In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
“They opened up a can’a dumbass!” – Jon Stewart regarding Fox News, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
“Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.” – Harvey Fierstein
Well, glad we got our boosters... we got COVID in the shop where I work, so we get to minimize our outside the house doings while waiting for the 10 day timer.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
Just got my booster today.
I'm at a concert

Last one before they're banned next week again

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
Enjoy the hell out of it, then. Or rather, I hope you did.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Still here. Still alive, working, and of slightly-larger-than-normal size.

Still waiting to be able to book a booster shot. (Yeah, we're getting them now... and getting flack for giving some people a third shot while other Commonwealth nations have large populations that haven't had their first shot yet.)
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
I become eligible for a booster on Thursday. At least once, my kindly gray-haired mother has insisted that I go get one right now, as she and my dad have already done.
Got my new insurance card and have scheduled an appointment to get my booster for tomorrow at 1630. I hope a photo of my vaccine card is acceptable proof of vaccination because the physical card vanished somewhere between the vaccination site and home.
Can't you download a copy of the receipt?

Forbes: 5 Ways To Get Digital Proof Of Covid Vaccination Status—Even If You Live In A Red State

EDIT: If you were vaccinated in Canada, go here to download a copy of your receipt.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
*grunts from under cozy blanket*
“In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
“They opened up a can’a dumbass!” – Jon Stewart regarding Fox News, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
“Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.” – Harvey Fierstein
(12-08-2021, 07:41 AM)robkelk Wrote: Can't you download a copy of the receipt?

Forbes: 5 Ways To Get Digital Proof Of Covid Vaccination Status—Even If You Live In A Red State

EDIT: If you were vaccinated in Canada, go here to download a copy of your receipt.

That card is the only receipt I got. It turns out though, that the city apparently keeps vaccination records of its residents which can be requested. Mine includes several years' worth of flu shots and my most recent tetanus shot in addition to my Covid vaccines.

Speaking of, the photo of the card was apparently sufficient proof for CVS because I have now gotten my booster. Just in time too. My housemate is planning to go to this year's Worldcon. Just what I needed; the other person in the household heading off to a potential superspreader event.
(12-13-2021, 03:40 AM)Inquisitive Raven Wrote: Speaking of, the photo of the card was apparently sufficient proof for CVS because I have now gotten my booster. Just in time too. My housemate is planning to go to this year's Worldcon. Just what I needed; the other person in the household heading off to a potential superspreader event.

Yeah, no. We skipped all 2021's conventions at this point, and we're probably going to wind up skipping 2022's convention events unless we get an indication this thing is finally running down to well under a dull roar.
Have to agree with you there, Lynn... and not just because international travel looks to be including a month in quarantine (two weeks at each end). Con crud was bad enough when it was just a case of the three-day sniffles; now it can be deadly.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(12-13-2021, 07:32 AM)robkelk Wrote: Have to agree with you there, Lynn... and not just because international travel looks to be including a month in quarantine (two weeks at each end). Con crud was bad enough when it was just a case of the three-day sniffles; now it can be deadly.

Yeah, and the bad part is we want to go to conventions... but knowing full well that vaccination is just letting us rolling the Con Save with advantage (and a lower DC against Delta) means we know we'd still be playing the long odds, and there's always the chance of the Double 1.

That's the part that's been especially irritating, we have friends that we only really get to see at conventions, and the occasional random encounter around town, and we get to not see them because both don't happen for us under the current circumstances. Even when we're out and about, masks are the rule, so in many cases you can't recognize the friends out there.
We need to get working on the HUDs and IFF for our beskar'gam, I guess.
--
‎noli esse culus
(12-13-2021, 07:24 AM)LynnInDenver Wrote:
(12-13-2021, 03:40 AM)Inquisitive Raven Wrote: Speaking of, the photo of the card was apparently sufficient proof for CVS because I have now gotten my booster. Just in time too. My housemate is planning to go to this year's Worldcon. Just what I needed; the other person in the household heading off to a potential superspreader event.

Yeah, no. We skipped all 2021's conventions at this point, and we're probably going to wind up skipping 2022's convention events unless we get an indication this thing is finally running down to well under a dull roar.

I don't blame you. Housemate seems to have decided that she's probably going to Omicron anyway and wants to get it over with.  I remember the slogan "Flatten the curve," and would like to keep following it.
I was boosted today as well.  I'm a little disappointed they didn't have a booster seat at the pharmacy, but still, a lot easier than the thirty miles I drove to get it six months ago.  The arm is a little sore from my first taste of the Moderna -- I decided to get my right arm jabbed this time so all of my immunity isn't on the left side.  That is definitely how it works.

It doesn't seem all that bad around here, locally.  The hourly sirens near my house, near the hospital, of last year have abated back to normal.  Mask mandate went back up, but I'm seeing more people doing the uncovered nose thing.  I don't know why people aren't more scared.  I mean, wasn't Omicron one of the Decepticons?

Honestly, I'm not sure why I even bothered with the booster.  It's not like life is going to get better.  Hardly worth sticking around as it is.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto