Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXV
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXV
Obviously, I'm biased about Tad Cipher (I suggested their promotion) and SmileyB (I'm the one they had the spat with). No issues with the others that haven't already been raised.

Quote: If I see no opinions to the contrary in the next day or so, I'll be promoting everyone but ShawnTehLogoBoi and SmileyB.
Sounds good to me.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Oh, I'd forgotten we had consensus on Tad. My error, there.

EDIT: I'll go ahead and take care of everyone as noted above.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
And done.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
(08-08-2022, 03:56 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: HornyLikeIAmA14YearOldGirl is at it again, posting what reads like he's declaring a wiki policy.

<sarcasm>What a surprise that I should see this when I catch up with you again.</sarcasm>

Far as genuine input, I've been hearing indications that it's not just localizations asserting Bridget is female - on top of that, the idea that there are bad endings in Strive seems to be a major source of misrepresentation in itself (both for that and the game in general). I've observed the general controversy in passing, but I'll have to give it a look with a more critical eye if or when I eventually come around to making edits on the series - gut feelings have led me astray before.

Generally though, it's nice to see some of you again. Hopefully I don't drift away again too quickly.
...also goodness this new Vector skin is nettling me. Got a lot of adjusting to do...
Hey, Umbire. Welcome back. And it's possible to set the skin back to what it used to be -- that's what I've done as I don't like the new skin terribly much.
-- Bob

I'm experimenting with a couple of looks right now.

Gotta say, flattered that I've still been pinged for wiki business even after my disappearance.
Feel free to necro any issue you think deserves it. <grin>
-- Bob

(08-18-2022, 12:44 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Feel free to necro any issue you think deserves it.  <grin>

I shall try to keep the shambling corpses to a pleasant minimum!
So there's this worrying trend in fandom that's been noticed and written on a fair bit lately, and I'm not sure what trope it would fall under beyond Fan Dumb, which fits on a general level but doesn't quite capture the specific red flags entailed. Any help on that?
No, Fan Dumb is it, specifically the Purists and the King Customers who freak if anything is not precisely the way they want it for any reason.
-- Bob

Got it, thank you.
...I just realized, do we not have a trope about projection of the psychological kind?
Good question, I don't know.
-- Bob

Geth, you promised that a Trope Workshop page would be launched this week. It's now Saturday.

I stayed out of your way because you made that promise...
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(08-20-2022, 12:39 PM)robkelk Wrote: Geth, you promised that a Trope Workshop page would be launched this week. It's now Saturday.

Mea maxima culpa, I have fixed that error.
So I've recently been rereading the Worm/Luna Varga crossover fic Taylor Varga and taking notes for an ATT page about it. As part of this process, I went looking to see what fanart has been made for it. TVT's page for the fic, it turns out, has a pretty spectacular illustration, and I figured if we could get the permission of the artist, we could use it as well. So I went and did a basic image search with Google.

And I discovered that TVT is presenting the cover of Godzilla: Rulers of Earth Volume 4 with every bit of identifying information scrubbed off of it as fan art for Taylor Varga.

Given that we have a certain level of detente with them these days, should we perhaps let them know of this copyright infringement?
-- Bob

Definitely let them know.

What they do with the information is up to them, but they can't act on what they don't know.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(08-20-2022, 02:32 PM)GethN7 Wrote:
(08-20-2022, 12:39 PM)robkelk Wrote: Geth, you promised that a Trope Workshop page would be launched this week. It's now Saturday.

Mea maxima culpa, I have fixed that error.

Thanks.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Speaking of the Trope Workshop, I should probably create that trope page on projection, as well as for mooks that sneak up on you - which I am still very surprised to notice we have neither of. Any objections?
(08-20-2022, 02:44 PM)robkelk Wrote: Definitely let them know.

What they do with the information is up to them, but they can't act on what they don't know.

I'll do the needful.
Thank you, Geth.
-- Bob

(08-20-2022, 02:37 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: So I've recently been rereading the Worm/Luna Varga crossover fic Taylor Varga and taking notes for an ATT page about it.  As part of this process, I went looking to see what fanart has been made for it.  TVT's page for the fic, it turns out, has a pretty spectacular illustration, and I figured if we could get the permission of the artist, we could use it as well.  So I went and did a basic image search with Google.

And I discovered that TVT is presenting the cover of Godzilla: Rulers of Earth Volume 4 with every bit of identifying information scrubbed off of it as fan art for Taylor Varga

Given that we have a certain level of detente with them these days, should we perhaps let them know of this copyright infringement?

looking at the SV thread for Taylor Varga, that's the image the author uses as an icon for himself, so that's where whoever put the TVT page together got it from.

didn't see much in the way of artwork for the story listed (looooots of omakes though)
The only actual artwork for it that I've seen -- as opposed to repurposed images from other contexts -- looks way too cartoony for me to consider it.
-- Bob

(08-20-2022, 03:25 PM)Umbire Wrote: Speaking of the Trope Workshop, I should probably create that trope page on projection, as well as for mooks that sneak up on you - which I am still very surprised to notice we have neither of. Any objections?

Taking that as a no... just making sure I don't create any duplicate tropes.