Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You are issekai'd with everything on your wishlist
You are issekai'd with everything on your wishlist
(Amazon, Wal*Mart, any online shop or gift registry basically.)

What is the most useful? The least? Assume a standard D&D/MMO ripoff low tech/high magic fantasy setting.

For me most useful is probably a tie between first aid supplies, spices, and fancy fabrics never wiped off from an old project, the latter two for use as trade goods.

(Well, assuming you don't allow toys to become the real thing, in which case I have a decent army of Star Wars troops and ships backed up by Transformers, a few superheroes, the Intrepid and Excelsior from Star Trek, and some very odd formerly-LEGO civilians. Stretch it further to turn game books into training manuals for the local Status Magic system and there's a bunch of GURPS and HERO system stuff too...)

Or possibly string; I've somehow got ye gods many different colors and thicknesses of Spectra weave fishing line and parachute cord that I don't even remember the reason for looking at, and the utility of a good strong spool of string is undeniable.

Least useful would certainly be a bunch of tiny surface mount switches, each about the size of a grain of rice. I mean, maybe they could be some kind of esoteric magical ingredient, but otherwise the rice would be more useful.
--
‎noli esse culus
RE: You are issekai'd with everything on your wishlist
Quote:Or possibly string; I've somehow got ye gods many different colors and thicknesses of Spectra weave fishing line and parachute cord that I don't even remember the reason for looking at, and the utility of a good strong spool of string is undeniable.
*Theseus approves*

I have no wishlists. Anywhere. *sadface*
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
"Being told to be 'open minded' about something is usually a code for 'you're not going to like this, but I want to subject you to it anyway'. Conversely, being told that you are 'closed-minded' is generally a means of asserting that 'I don't like the fact that you're proving me wrong, so I will pretend that your failure to agree with my argument is a philosophical deficiency'." - RationalWiki
I also have no wish lists, but their is a "wish book" idea in my past.

I initially read this as "wish book" and was doing a double take because it had me thinking of a fanfic idea from way back in the mid 1980's that used a 1980 Sears Wish book as my out fitting resource for a very reluctant trip into "Thieves World".

Anything pictured in full was fair game to be pulled once and only once from the pages of a 1980 Sears wish book catalog and made real, it gave me a lot to work with and was surprisingly limited in some ways.

For example I remember having at least two bows and a few arrows along with at least one Muzzle loader and several air guns and a least a starter supply of arrows, black powder and shot, but no modern gun or ammunition.

A quick search netted me this site and my memory of the long lost notes wasn't quite right, there was at least one shot gun.

https://christmas.musetechnical.com/Show...stmas-Book

Why a 1980 Sears Wish book? It was handy and for some odd reason was sitting on a book shelf among several college books, very much out of place.

also in case you don't remember "Thieves World"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thieves%27_World

Thinks,  I haven't thought about that  fan fic idea in at least 10 years perhaps I should try it with a more modern catalog or web site such as Tool company.

hmelton
I'd have included pen and paper lists if I thought anyone used them for more than groceries and project-specific parts and materials lists, so sure, that counts. Also, all these people too busy doing productive things to bother with a wish list or filling it, tch,you're making me look even worse... Tongue I hardly go a day without thinking of some possible but unlikely project or just an odd thing and searching a bit to see what exists related to it, then tossing some of the more interesting ones on a list.

Or see a cool toy and spend half an hour finding its exact rank in the ever-longer queue of cool toys I'll never have the money to buy all of, mostly Transformers because they're like little twisty puzzles that are actually a thing on either end instead of just a geometric pattern of colours or a mess of mixed up ones. I'm much happier since finally getting over mourning the collection stretching back to the original 80s debut, but also even more pressed on what was already a rather limited budget. The corporate overlords are perfectly willing to put a price on that and get me to pay it again and again; not every toy is a winner but the last, hm, five or six years, maybe back as far as 2015, have been full of bangers that there's no way I'll be able to catch up on before they're priced into the stratosphere on the collector's aftermarket.

That's without even going into store or convention exclusives or the third-party scene, which is a world of madness unto itself, with four inch figures regularly asking $60-90 US at MSRP and running up to around a thousand for sets of five or six in the seven to ten inch range that combine into a single giant the size of a small child. I put it out of my mind and forgot which one of those I looked up yesterday and didn't see a single ebay listing under $1500, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't even one of those group sets, or out of production for an entire year yet.

Picking which ones to bring along made real as companions would be very difficult beyond the first handful, and weeding it down to just that many, even on the basis of pure utility out of the varied special skills and abilities let alone favourite characters, would be worse.
--
‎noli esse culus