Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016-12-28: So You Just Arrived from a Parallel Universe
2016-12-28: So You Just Arrived from a Parallel Universe
OOC:

This "story" is somewhat unique.  First of all, it's not really a story, it's an in-universe book.  Those of you who have read fanfiction over at EPU may recognize the format of the title, to which I asked: What if I actually wrote a self-help book for transuniversal displacees?

As such, the content is a little dry, because our conceit is that fictional characters live in (a near replica of) this world, and you already know a lot about this world!  In some sense, this serves as a bit of a universe bible for writers, though it's an in-universe perspective, so not everything is correct.  Still, the in-universe writer, Yomi Mizuhara, is very good at reading between the lines.  Anyway, if you're not enjoying reading it, just stop, because nothing actually happens in this book that won't be covered by another fictional format story, except a bit of banter.

Second, as it would be impossible to replicate all of the formatting needed on this forum, it is released as a PDF file.  In-story, Yomi sent this off to be printed by Chisa Tsukamoto – but not before some joker stole the final draft and started writing in the margins.  And then it got passed around some more.  Finally, it made it to New Jersey to be printed.

But there was no cover!  How would it sell lots of copies without a cover that would attract customers?  The cover, front and back, was thus designed by the Comic Party cast to their own standards.  Yomi had the amount of input on the cover traditional for first-time authors of books, which is to say zero input.  It's hard to say if Yomi or Brent were more offended by the "About the Authors" section.

Here it is: 
.pdf   So You Just Arrived from a Parallel Universe - My Apartment Manager is not an Isekai Character.pdf (Size: 1.74 MB / Downloads: 22)
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
RE: 2016-12-28: So You Just Arrived from a Parallel Universe
Doing a bit of handwriting analysis of the marginalia, I see that Garnett Iwasaki is left-handed.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: 2016-12-28: So You Just Arrived from a Parallel Universe
I rather liked the final add-on comment at the end of the Appendix 8)

pretty good overall from my perspective