Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new Seraph's
The new Seraph's
Soooo, *cracks fingers*, the Seraph's in Paragon city... Let's do this.
Seraph is a man in his late thirties from Australia, he came to Paragon after his fiance ditched him when their daughter suffered birth defects, resulting in stunted limbs, heart broken, Seraph took his daughter Neph and traveled the world, looking for aid and ended up in Paragon where doctors fitted the young Neph with cybernetic limbs, it was pricey so Seraph opened a magical workshop to pay his daughters bills.

As they grew, Neph felt some what bitter her birth mother left her and needeled Seraph to try his luck in a new pond, this lead Seraph to a speed dating service where he met the hero Tish Fuego and they clicked, yin and yang, a well noted hero with powers over fire and speed, Tish found Seraph a good anchor while he found her a fresh breath of air, a spunky personality.
Seraph settled to be a stay at home father, working out of his shop while Tish was the bread earner, a system that worked well for them and Neph reluctantly warmed to this new mother figure.

Years later, Seraph and Tish married, but Tish opted to keep her maiden name.

Time passed and one day Seraph caught a street urchin trying to break into his store, rather than report the girl, he took her in and to Tish's initial reluctance, adopted the would be thief named Caroline.

Fast forward to today, Tish has been taking it light on the heroing, so the rest of the Seraph's stepped up to fill the gap, with some hiccups like Neph getting yanked into Pretoria's past to help mend the time line, but other wise all is good.
Neph: I wanna fight!
RE: The new Seraph's
Er... The MyBB default skin has trouble with whatever you posted there...

--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
(02-17-2024, 03:10 PM)robkelk Wrote: Er... The MyBB default skin has trouble with whatever you posted there...

Shit, I copy and pasted, the text was wonky so I coloured it white.
Nice!
Caroline is a ray of sunshine that some times grates on Tish's more grounded nature, but she likes the kid, the both lived on the street before finding their feet.

Tish just wishes Caroline would stop feeding all the god damn stray cats in King's Row, the Ally out back stinks XD
Kings Row.
The Seraph's residents.

Tish taps her foot. "All right you three, you have recently become heroes.... But you are dragging your feet on security clearance, it's been a month and you Seraph are still below ten."
Seraph blushes and shrugs. "I... I have been busy with the shop."
The shorter woman crosses her arms. "Still, to fix this, you, the kids and me are going to Perigin Isles and kicking Nazis until you are in decent shape."

Later
Seraph leans against the wall, panting. "I am nearly forty, I do not need this..."
This slaps his shoulder. "This is a brisk run." She laughs before speed boosting him and the girls, Caroline laughing in glee as she punches, Neph meanwhile just wading into thick of things, laying around her with glowing fists.
Seraph stands and sighs, he can't look weak in front of the family.

Much later.
Back in King's Row.

Seraph drops onto the couch and groans. "Okay, that hurt."
Tish sits on him. "Big baby, we are doing this weekly until you get in shape."
He buries his face in the pillow and let's out a stream of expletives.
I don't think that last word was quite what you meant it to be... :p
(02-23-2024, 11:45 PM)Norgarth Wrote: I don't think that last word was quite what you meant it to be... :p

fixed
So, taking care of some missions I out leveled.... does anyone here know the church scene from Kingsman?
With Freebird playing?

Yeah that was Seraph taking out these Skulls XD
Seraph dealing with the hero Flambeaux.
F:OMG, thanks for the help, I almost think you have a crush on me.
S: I am old enough to be your dad... I am a dad!
F: Rocking that dilf energy then?
S: I am married!
F: Oh wow, don't I look the ditz, but you are really cute.
Tish: *Seraph's wife, simmering with barely contained rage.*
And plotting to bring Seraph's elven Sister back... with a twist. if anyone remembers Sera XD
(03-01-2024, 03:01 AM)Dark Seraph Wrote: And plotting to bring Seraph's elven Sister back... with a twist. if anyone remembers Sera XD

Was that the one that got duplicated, then met Manuel from Fawlty Towers? You know, 'Que, Sera Sera?' :-)
Paragon City.
Preatorian refuge camp.

Seraph had visited at the insistence of Noelle, a friend of his daughter Neph from her time in Preatoria and a pretty decent hero, she asked him to come to meet some Peatorians.

The first meeting had gone disastrously, he had met his Peatorian counterpart and found him bitter, hateful, blaming primal earth for the loss of his home... And Preatorian Neph, her father could only afford to replace her arms with cybernetics, the girl was wheelchair bound and almost left behind.

Seraph had to admit.... It hurt to see a version of himself so bitter. He sat in a near by tent and sighed between clenched teeth, maybe this was a bad idea?

"Knock knock?" Came Noelle's voice from outside the tent.

"You don't need to knock Noelle, come in." Seraph said.

She stepped in and chewed her lip. "Okay, meeting yourself did not go how I planed.... But there are two people here that very much want to meet you." Noelle stepped to one side as two figures stepped in, both where elven he could tell from their ears, a mother and daughter, the little girl no more than five he guessed smiled at him shyly and waved which he returned.

Noelle took a breath. "This is Sera and Lief, your Praetorian sister and niece."

Seraph blinked as that sunk in, his counterpart had more family than him? He stands up and offers a hand. "I guess you know my name huh.... Um, why did you want to see me?"

Sera ran a hand through her hair. "Well, it sort of has to do with my brother, we had a... Falling out, as soon as his and Neph's paperwork is cleared, they are moving away.... Far away.... But I want to stay, get to know this city, know you.... You look so much younger than my brother, so much happier." She took his hand and shook it.

Seraph chuckles. "Well, a nice house, loving wife and kids, good job.... Hard not to be happy."

Sera took a deep breath. "If it is okay, when our paperwork clears, can... Can I." The elf broke off, looking a little nervous. "Be family?"

Seraph rubbed his chin. "I will have to see what the missus says...  But Sera, I would like that a lo-" He was cut off as Lief hugs his leg, the little girl looking up at him.

"I like happy unca." She says, smilingly shyly before retreating to his behind her mother's legs.

Seraph felt his heart melt. "Sera, I would be honoured to call you and your daughter family."

Noelle let out a tiny squee, before leaving them to get better acquainted.
you continue to bounce between 'Praetorian' and 'Peatorian' Tongue
(03-02-2024, 05:33 PM)Norgarth Wrote: you continue to bounce between 'Praetorian' and 'Peatorian' Tongue

I am bouncing between a US and a EU spell check.
It sucks
Man, did some more missions.... and if I had, I would of completely rewrote this XD
Because Calvin Scott is a dick, that sucks Nazi dick.
Sera was in the dark, wading through hip deep water, she had no idea where she was.

"Hello little one." A familiar voice echoed in the darkness of her mind. "Tell mother what you are doing."

Sera started moving faster, the water thick... And there where things floating in it, she had to get away, had to keep her daughter safe.

"Now now, it's not nice to hide things from mother.... Who are you hiding." The voice was both a bellow and a whisper, twisting through her like a knife.

With out warning, two great search lights shone into he darkness, revealing that Sera was in fact wading through blood, the things floating in it where bodies, she could feel bile rise in her throat as she looked up at the source of the light to see it come from Praetor Tilman, floating over the lake of blood.

"You dirtied you hands to keep someone safe....tell mother who you hide...TELL ME!"

Sera jerked awake, blinking wildly as she grabbed for the night stand, finding the light switch she flicked it on.... She was in her bed, in one of Seraph's spare rooms in King's Row... She brought her hands to her face and shuddered. She didn't want to go back to sleep, she needed air.

Getting to her feet, she poked her head out into the corridor, shuffling out bare footed, she walked by each room, pausing as she saw light under one door, gently she knocked on it. "Hello?" She called softly.

She heard a cough. "Come in." It was Neph, Seraph's daughter that got pulled into Praetoria. Opening the door, Sera could not help but smile as she smelt smoke and saw Neph grinding out a cigar, the cyborg looking at her. "Sorry, habit I got hooked on in the resistance, helped with the sewer smell." Neph explained.

Sera walked over and sat on her bed. "I don't blame you.... Tell me, when you worked for the resistance.... Do you regret any of it?"

Neph's face took on a pained look. "There where times I could of done better... Tried harder to save lives... Why do you ask?"

Sera took a deep breath. "I... Had to do things, things I'm not proud of to keep Lief and myself out of the seer program and safe in the tunnels, I... I am haunted by some of what I did, but I kept telling myself it was for Lief...." She could feel tears stinging her eyes.

Neph gently rested a mechanical arm around the elf's shoulders. "I can guess, I heard of some of the darker things they did in the name of freedom.... You want to know it is okay." Neph took a deep breath. "It isn't, that blood is on our hands, those cries of mercy in our ears, we will live with that until our dying days."

Sera looked at Neph. "Then... What do I do?"

Neph sighed. "Spend every day, trying to make up for it, to make this world a better place, do that no one else must do as you did."

Sera wiped her eyes. "You are wise kid."

Neph shrugged. "I read a lot."

"Seraph and Tish are lucky to have you.... Thank you." Sera gently kisses the cyborg on the forehead before getting up.
First Ward.
Compound.
Neph and Noble Savage had battled their way through the Hetman's supporters, they had to stop the planed execution of the Carnival of light and the Palentine, the two where a maelstrom of destruction, sending broken and battered bodies as they saved the hostages.

Entering the central compound, Neph stared at the Hetman, a savage grin on his face. "So is the fate of all that turn against Calvin Scott." He shouted.

As Neph leap for him, a passage from one of her father's books flashed through her mind. If ever you find yourself at another's mercy, pray they are a bad man, they enjoy power over others, they will extend the suffering, enjoy it like a fine cigar.

Pray you find yourself at the mercy of an evil man, for a good one will kill you with out a second thought.

And Neph was a good woman.

With barely a grunt, she grabbed the Hetman's shoulder in her left hand and with a crunch of armour and bone, buried her glowing fists in his chest, blood splattering across her face.

The Hetman gave a weak smile. "I just wanted..... To be free..... Free now...." He slumped in her grasp before she left go of him to fall to the ground dead.
Seraph staggered into the loungeroom, dumped a Centurion helmet on the coffee table and sighed. He was tired, time travel from sunny Cimmoria to night time Paragon was playing hell with his internal clock and fighting Romans and Nazis left him spent.

The was a creek if the door as Tish walked in and promptly sat on him. "Soooo, how did your play date with the Legendary go?" She asked in a sing song voice, mussing his hair

He raised his face out of a throw pillow. "Good? It was odd, I had the strangest feeling of deja vu as I was helping them... Like I knew these people before or something.... But I am wasted from fighting."

Tish put on a mock pout. "And here I was ready to reward my man.... Shuga."

Seraph groaned. "Oh it is not fair when you play the southern bell card, let me shower and I'm yours."

Tish laughed. "Oh no, now."

Seraph could hear the steel in her voice, she was in the mood.... And as a husband it was his duty to help her.

"Hop off and I'll meet you in the bed room?"

Tish just laughed. "Everyone is out for the day, strip."

"Yes ma'am."
I really don't know what you're using to compose your posts, but this is what the first couple sentences of the post above looked like in raw markup before I cleaned it all up:

[color=#cccccc][size=1][font='gg sans', 'Noto Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Seraph staggered into the loungeroom[/font][/size][size=1][font='gg sans', 'Noto Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif], dumped a Centurion helmet on the coffee table and sighed[/font][/size][size=1][font='gg sans', 'Noto Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]. He was tired[/font][/size][size=1][font='gg sans', 'Noto Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif], time travel from sunny Cimmoria to night time Paragon was playing hell with his internal clock and fighting Romans and Nazis left him spent[/font][/size][size=1][font='gg sans', 'Noto Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif].[/font][/size][size=1]
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Copy and paste from Discord or Tumblr Bob.
Neph sighs, for a tech based hero, she sure is futzing around with a magic a lot.

She sets up the ritual circle and sighs, pulling off her helmet and wiping her brow. "We done yet?"

Diabloique, Tyrants pet magic caster looked at her scrolls, then back to Neph. "Did you use the blue or the indigo chalk?"

Neph stares at two near identical sticks of chalk. "I think so?"

Diabloique sighs. "Well not that it matters, I'm in spirit form, so if this blows up, you pay the price."

Neph wished the damn witch was there so she could throttle her scrawny neck.

The spirit looks over. "And ready..." She started speaking in a long dead language, arcane energy forming over the ritual circle, power building till.

"Poot."

Diabloique snarled. "I said the INDIGO chalk, start again!" She snapped as a very confused bulldog sat in the centre of the ritual circle.

Neph swore and started again.... but she was keeping the dog.
Praetoria
First Ward.

Neph slowly approaches Katie Douglas, the girl was in the seer net work right now, so she would have no idea how she would react coming out a second time. Reaching up, she felt the back of Katie's neck and deactivated her implant.

"You Monster." Katie screamed as a blast of psionic energy picked up Neph and slammed her into the nearest wall. "You put me, us, back into that.... Thing!" She screamed, tears running down her face. "How could you? I trusted you!"

Neph tried to get a word in edge wise, but Katie was throwing her around like a rag doll, blood running down her face, her nose bleeding, she took the punishment, she deserved it for the things she had done in the First Ward.

Eventually Katie ran out of steam, dropping to the floor as she sobbed, Neph shakily got to her feet and staggered over. "Read my mind Katie." She said. "See why I did what I did."

Katie was not gentle, Neph fell to her knees screaming as the Seers psychic probe ripped into her mind, sorting for information, feelings, memories, when done she savagely pulled out. "I hate you.... You did what was best for me and the freeded seers, but you betrayed me.... Killer."

Neph layed there, in pain as she looked up. "I can offer one thing to try and make amends."

Katie stared. "What could you possibly do?"

Neph shakily got to her feet and staggered over to the main seer control console, keying in the codes to free all the seers in the first ward. "By making sure it can never happen again." Crimson energy wrapped around the cyborgs fist as she started punching the console, tearing it open and shattering the fragile innards.

She turned. "Now you are free, for ever...." She trailed off as Katie stared at her before teleporting out.

Neph slumped down. "Yeah... That's fair..."
Yeah I know there is a mission where you save Kattie, but she is way to chill in that, so I made her angry. Tongue
King's Row. 
Seraph's house. 
Caroline steps into the kitchen and takes a deep breath. "Dad, mom... I have to ask."

Seraph looked up from his toast while Tish was checking something on her phone. "Shoot kiddo." Tish said. 

Caroline chewed her lip before continuing. "Okay, so I went undercover to a Skull den." 

Seraph raised a hand. "Wait, the cops know you are sixteen, right?"

"I may of lied about my age." She admits, earning a groan from he father. "Anywho, I was under cover and I had to do this fight club thing called the rib cage.... And I may of killed a man.... Did I do bad? Cuz it feels like I did bad." 

Tish looked up from her phone. "Kid, like ninety percent of the villains we deal with are harden killers, legally you are in the right." 

Seraph looked at his wife. "We are having a talk about the kids and morality later miss.... Are you sure you killed him Caroline?" 

She shifts awkwardly. "Well I shot him, but the cops raided before I could check... So he might of lived?" 

Seraph gets up and walks around the table to hug his daughter. "Some times being a hero means making the hard choices, the fact you feel bad about this is a good sign, shows that you still have that moral compass." 

Tish snorted. "This coming from the guy that shot how many Praetorian's working for Calvin Scott when he started gargling the Councils dick?"

"Heat of the moment.... And they attacked a refugee camp." 

Caroline looks up at her dad. "So..... It is a tricky thing.... To kill or spare?" 

Seraph kisses the top of her head. "Yes sweety, trust your heart." 

She nods and hugs him back. "Kay.... I'm gonna play with the ally cats now." She went off with a spring in her step. 

Seraph shook his head. "Nothing will keep that girl down...." He turns to Tish. "Now about what we teach the girls....."