Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kick ALL the Starters, Part III: Fund ALL the Crowds!
Kick ALL the Starters, Part III: Fund ALL the Crowds!
We rolled over to page 13 without quite noticing, so I'm starting a new thread, and implementing the title change I proposed a while back. And just in time, because this campaign is on Crowdfunding by BackerKit!

Onyx Path Wrote:The Age of Man is long over. Cats – uplifted from our clever feline companions to use tools and language – now rule the world. In the Monarchies of Mau, cats study relics the Old Ones left behind to create new wonders, expand their understanding of the world, and combat the monsters and minions of the Unseen that threaten catkind. Curious cats explore ruins and set sail on the Acid Sea, or participate in games of intrigue against other houses, the dogs of Pugmire, and other rival species.

The world is full of mysteries and dangers, which excellent cats are eager to face.

Welcome to The Curious Cats of Mau. This book details the lives of the cats in the city-states that make up the Monarchies of Mau as they explore the world, plan daring heists and feats of intrigue, learn what they can about the Old Ones, and pounce on the sinister entities called the Unseen. You’ll need Realms of Pugmire to play this game and learn more about the dogs of Pugmire, who have sometimes been the cats’ allies, and often been their rivals.

The cats of the monarchies believe that the Old Ones served them, and the cats’ ancestors granted Man great responsibilities as a reward. Though no one knows what happened to the Old Ones, they left many wonders behind to help the cats in their endeavors. Adventurous cats explore ancient ruins, hoping to discover artifacts they can study — sometimes by breaking them apart to discover how they work.

Several decades ago, the formidable Trillani Persian von Mau united the monarchies at a time when conflict threatened to tear catkind apart. With her clearheaded leadership, she guided the great houses as they worked together, and eventually helped bring about an end to the War of Dogs and Cats. Trillani died recently, and her successor (Threnody von Mau) struggles to keep the hard-earned peace. Cats are expert at schemes and spycraft, and secrets are power. Some plot against other houses, while others seek to renew hostilities between the monarchies and Pugmire. Meanwhile, the threat of the Unseen is ever-present, waiting to strike should the cats’ vigilance waver.

Will you be an excellent cat?

https://www.backerkit.com/c/projects/ony...ats-of-mau
RE: Kick ALL the Starters, Part III: Fund ALL the Crowds!
TABLETOP FOG MACHINE w/ custom bases for your RPG. Get either physical rewards or STL files so you can make your own.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lim...escription
“I really hope I’m behind this convoluted mess; at least that way I’ll be able to get revenge by doing this to myself. I won’t even have to feel bad because it’ll be all my fault.” - Harry Potter, The Master of Death by Ryuugi.
She may have finally defeated the kung-fu ghost of Rene Magritte, but it'll be a while yet before the author of Hitherby Dragons and the Sidereal Scriptures gets to settle down and live in that house made out of macaroni. While she waits, though, she continues to design games.

Jenna Katerin Moran Wrote:This project funds production on the tabletop roleplaying game, the Far Roofs. With your help, we'll put the finishing touches on a rich and beautiful 220-page game book complete with core rules, setting, and a sprawling, multi-year campaign!

In the Far Roofs, heroic talking rats and monster-god "Mysteries" have taken up residence on your city's roofs ... and, on moody fantasy roofscapes extending beyond them. You'll play as humans who get swept up in the rats' adventures, confronting wonder and horror in this magical, secret world above.

Welcome to the latest game by Jenna Moran, creator of Nobilis, Glitch: A Story of the Not, and the Chuubo's Marvelous Wish-Granting Engine RPG; major contributor to Exalted and the Weapons of the Gods RPG; and contributor to the In Nomine game line.

Building on the system developed for CMWGE (and the other games set in places where prosaic reality breaks down and the servants of the True Thing come riding through) and a concept introduced as far back as the Chuubo core (the rats of Fortitude), it promises to be... very hitherby.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jen...-far-roofs
The makers of the Spinnerette webcomic have launched an Indiegogo campaign for their White Heron graphic novel:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/white...novel--2#/

Quote:From writer Krazy Krow (Spinnerette) and artist Fernando Furukawa (Starcraft: Ghost Academy, Dragon Age) comes the epic military/metahuman drama five years in the making!

Set in the 1980's, White Heron is a coming of age story for fans of military and metahuman adventures.

In 1982, a young female metahuman made a daring escape from North Korea. Known by her code name, WHITE HERON, she joins forces with the 707th to fight back! But her time-bending powers come with a cost: she could be frozen in time for days, weeks, even years...
Note that during the checkout process, Indiegogo will 'ask' for a donation to their site, but you can manually set it to $0 if you want.
“I really hope I’m behind this convoluted mess; at least that way I’ll be able to get revenge by doing this to myself. I won’t even have to feel bad because it’ll be all my fault.” - Harry Potter, The Master of Death by Ryuugi.
I might've missed out on The Life and Art of Mort Walker if a creator I follow hadn't backed it.

Hermes Press Wrote:Mort Walker, the "Dean of American Cartooning," left behind a legacy that extended far beyond his Beetle Bailey and Hi and Lois fame. For the first time ever, Hermes Press and Bill Janocha (Walker's assistant) present a rare selection of gags and art from Walker's early years, before Beetle-mania took over the world. This historical book contains examples of the work he did prior to Beetle Bailey, and explores the evolution of his style and showcases his many gags, from his early comics in Showme magazine to the work he did for the Saturday Evening Post. This tome also contains historical essays detailing his life and career, up until his death in 2018 as written by Janocha. This special project has been nine years in the making, and is something any fan of Mort Walker will need to own.

The regular edition of this book includes the finished book, shipped to any backer in the world.

The Limited Edition of this books includes the finished book PLUS one (1) original Beetle Bailey or Spider head sketch done in black and white, hand-drawn specifically for this project by Mort Walker prior to his death. There were only 100 created, and 90 are available for this project.

At press time, 36 of those 90 sketches remained. At $60 for the regular edition or $150 for the limited, it's your nickel(s).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/her...ort-walker
True Tales of The Illuminati: Season 3!
An audio comedy podcast about the misadventures of the most powerful secret society in history!
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/true-...season-3#/
Quote:In 2020, we created an audio sitcom adventure about conspiracies gone disastrously wrong--a show where we follow the misadventures of a band of Illuminati goons as they careen helplessly through history snatching defeat from the jaws of other, weirder defeats.

Our first season followed our protagonists as they tried, and disastrously failed, to keep the secrets of the pyramids in ancient Egypt. For our second season, we killed Stanley Kubrick, defamed our only non-controversial national heroes (astronauts, not that dog who fights fires)(also that dog is really ableist) and nuked our way to the moon.

Now, we want to take things back… to the 18th century, and show you what happens when our world-spanning conspiracy runs into a bunch of nerds in Bavaria, who keep talking about things like “truth” and “freedom” and “enlightenment.” A bunch of nerds calling themselves… The Illuminati?!

Tasked with taking down the low-rent secret society of their staggeringly prestigious counterparts, Beck and her team will face their toughest challenge yet. What’s thornier than manned spaceflight? Feelings! But what could go wrong? After all, some upstart group of monograph-publishing debate-havers couldn’t possibly compete with a secret order as old and vast as human civilization itself. Right?

But despite their confidence, they find themselves slipping into the world of the enlightenment intelligentsia… a world both decadent and deadly!

The money will allow us to record our third season in the beautiful Bridge studio, letting us achieve the ensemble-style chemistry we crave, nay, demand in order to make the perfect conspiracy entertainment experience. Backer tiers include rewards as exciting as selecting additional minisodes for future seasons, exclusive cut scene recordings from the "word graveyard," and sweet pins! That’s right, pins!
The latest Kickstarter for the Girl Genius webcomic is here.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gir...phic-novel
Quote:An Entertainment In Londinium: A Girl Genius Graphic Novel

Adventure, Romance, MAD SCIENCE! The next volume of Phil & Kaja Foglio's acclaimed graphic novel series!
Free Stars: Children of Infinity
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pis...f-infinity
a long awaited sequel to the classic video game Star Control II: The Ur-Quan Masters

29 days to go and already at nearly 250% of their goal
Steve Jackson Games: Munchkin Big Box on Backerkit. Given that I have yet to play with the cards I've already got, I'm not sure I'm going to back this one.
"Come on, grab your friends
We'll go to very distant lands
With Jake the Dog and Finn the Human
The fun will never end
It's Adventure Time!"
(spoken) The Roleplaying Game!

Cryptozoic Entertainment Wrote:If you’re not familiar with 5E rules, don’t worry! Roleplaying games are about letting your imagination run wild as you create your own characters and stories. The rules provide support for your imagination and structure for your hero, but take a back seat to the FUN play at the table.

For those new to roleplaying games entirely, we are providing Jake’s Shmowzow Guide to Roleplaying Games with every copy of the Core Book exclusively on Kickstarter. It’s a simple guide to get any person started having fun with the Adventure Time RPG. Written by Ray Winninger, co-designer of the DC Heroes RPG and former Executive Producer of Dungeons & Dragons, the guide includes the needed core rules from the 5E OGL, a simple step-by-step explanation of the simple ideas you need to understand to begin play, and finally a walk-through of the character creation process. All guided by Jake!

WHY 5E?

Adventure Time has its roots in the older editions of Dungeons & Dragons, with episodes and story arcs that grew from the pastiche fantasy adventure that the second and third editions laid out so beautifully. We believe that the high-quality design of 5E—and its very nature—are well-suited to capturing the open-ended excitement and sense of wonder that are at the core of Adventure Time. If Dungeons & Dragons gave birth to Adventure Time, using 5E for Adventure Time: The Roleplaying Game brings everything full circle and is true to the spirit of the series.

We believe that we can craft and implement the world of Ooo and the features of the Adventure Time RPG best in 5E, empowering you with the feeling that you can be any person you want to be and that anything can happen when you step out your door for adventure!

(Also, there was a lot more demand for the 5E version than for the "Yes, And" ruleset that CZE had initially said they were going to do first, so they swapped positions.)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze...aying-game

And/or you can go even further with Kevin Maguire's Tanga vs the Kaiju of Cammera!

Rocketship let it be Wrote:Hi! My name is Kevin Maguire! You may know me from such memorable series as “Justice League International”, “Man Of Steel”, ”Adventures Of Captain America” and “Batman Confidential”. Apologies to Troy McClure.

When I go to conventions all over the country, heck, all over the globe and I’m asked the same question-

“Who is your favorite character?”

My answer is the same every time.“Tanga!”

And, inevitably, the response is always…”Who?”

A decade and a half ago, I got to write and draw 12 ten-page chapters for DC Comics introducing the world to the purple intergalactic force of nature called TANGA. (Later, I learned that “tanga” in Spanish referred to “panties”. Well, what are ya gonna do. I took French in high school.) She was a wandering space goddess (think the Silver Surfer with some Harley Quinn mixed in) who finds herself on a planet that’s having a bit of a Kaiju problem.

Published in two halves, the first half came out in the anthology series “Weird Worlds” and the second half in a series named “My Greatest Adventure”. In between both, DC did this little thing called “The New 52”, so TANGA pretty much went unnoticed. But I hoped people would be able to catch up with it in the trade paperback.

But they never did one.

So, we’re here to rectify that.

The fine and very organized folks at Rocketship Entertainment and I are doing this Kickstarter to finally, FINALLY put the TANGA tale in a collected edition, all for your reading pleasure! Now, of course, I want everyone to come along, but I know that’s asking too much. But if you’re reading this, I sincerely hope you DO give it a go. We’ve also added a few fun bells and whistles in the hopes it will whet your appetites.

This is my first time doing a Kickstarter. It’s for my favorite project I’ve ever done and I hope you enjoy reading it half as much as I enjoyed doing it.

(signed)

-Kevin

It looks fun. I fancy a flutter. He may have had me at "think the Silver Surfer with some Harley Quinn mixed in", if I'm honest.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/roc...in-maguire