Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A day in the life of Theta
A day in the life of Theta
With a beep, Medical Unit Theta awoke from sleep mode, her mind slowly processing to see if anything happened to her form during the night, a left over paranoid habit from her time in Preatoria, as all checks came back green, she opened her eyes and carefully unplugged her charger, before yawning and stretching.

It had been two busy weeks since she left Preatoria.... And technically jumped more than ten years into the future, so many things to do and learn.... But now she had an apartment, a pet Guinea pig and a job, what more could she want? Maybe a girlfriend, but baby steps for now.

As she moved around the apartment, getting dressed and getting breakfast, she hummed to her self.... She did not need to eat, but she enjoyed the texture of food and it could fuel her in a pinch. Finishing up, she gave fluffy the guinea pig a head pat and headed out to her job.

She always enjoyed the walk I to work, King's Row was so different from Peatorian, instead of cream walls it was brick work for the most part, cars putted along the dirty streets, gangers watched from the shadows... It was more dangerous than her home demension, but at the same time more alive. She carefully side stepped some primal earth Clockwork stealing what looked like some sort of music device. She marveled at them, unlike her sleek, humanoid clockwork self, these things where primitive, scrap metal hammered together by psionic will, fascinating.

She eventually made it to the King's Row medical facility and clocked in, met by her coworker Cleo, a black skinned giantess of a woman with glowing eyes who worked the ER. "Hey Theta, got some bad news for ya."

Theta looked up and frowned. "This unit is no longer needed?" She asked with her usual verbal tick of being unable to refer to herself in the first person.

"What? No girl, you got day clinic today... So be good and try not to kill anyone?" She handed Theta a folder.
The clockwork took it and opened it, reading through it. She knew many of her fellow employees hated the day clinic, but had no idea why.

By lunch time, she knew.

She stomped into the lunch room, looked at the disinfectant by the sink and started scrubbing her face with it.
"That bad?" Cleo asked, daintily eating a tiny yoghurt.

Theta threw up her arms. "This unit had four cases of "it's just a cold." That was obviously the seasonal flu, one claiming it was a smokers cough after near coughing out a lung in the waiting room, who knows how many he infected!" She drops into a chair and let's out a sigh like a boiling kettle. "She does not understand why they wait so long for help."

Cleo shrugged. "Sad thing, even though the day clinic is free, many expect the traditional American price gouge... Take it things where better where you came from?"

Theta grumps. "The only work this unit has to do was on the occasion work place injury, which was rare because 90% of the workforce was clockworks."

Cleo reaches over and pats Theta's shoulder. "How about I make it up to you, the girls are having a night out, wanna come?"

Theta thought about this.... She did not have many friends in Paragon.... This could lead to more friends. "This unit would like to.... If she has not offlined herself by the end of the day."

That night Theta was given a girls night out, drinking, dancing, seeing the sights and again marvelling at how different primal earth was from Preatoria, getting home late and a little wobbly after Cleo showed her a drink made to get mechanoids drunk, Theta carefully picked up Fluffy and patted him. "This unit is so sorry, she had so much fun tonight, but left you all alone."

The guinea pig made a werking noise as she gently placed him on the couch and quickly got him some food, changing into a baggy shirt, she sat next to him and turned on the tv to watch crime dramas, another thing Preatoria lacked, television shows with conflict. She passed the evening, patting Fluffy as he ate and watching CSI Paragon reruns until finally putting Fluffy back in his cage, striping down and climbing into bed, plunging in her charger.
Neph: I wanna fight!
RE: A day in the life of Theta
Quote:She always enjoyed the walk I to work, King's Row was so different from Peatorian, instead of cream walls it was brick work for the most part, cars putted along the dirty streets, gangers watched from the shadows... It was more dangerous than her home demension, but at the same time more alive. She carefully side stepped some primal earth Clockwork stealing what looked like some sort of music device. She marveled at them, unlike her sleek, humanoid clockwork self, these things where primitive, scrap metal hammered together by psionic will, fascinating.
spotted a couple typos, both in the same paragraph as it happens. Tongue
See, this is what I for trusting auto correct on a tablet.
But I was told to word vomit and see what happened XD
Theta is not a fan of Primal Clockwork, they tried to steal her air con.
Does she need one? No, but it came with the apartment and she doesn't want to get in trouble with her landlord.
Also, she finds them really ugly and kind of offensive to her sleek Praetorian design.