Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How art imitates life..or is it the other way around?
How art imitates life..or is it the other way around?
Remember the scene in the last chapter of "Once More With Feeling" when sex-kitten Rei walked into that Games Workshop where Aida and his buddies were playing Warhammer 40k?
There was something in that vein in thread last night where other Flames of War players were discussing who is our nemesis in our little community.

Posted By CrazyIvan on 17 Jan 2008 8:46 AM
Alyssa freakin' Moore...
Posted By WarHighlander on 17 Jan 2008 10:54 AM
Hard to concentrate when playing her.
Speaking of which, where is our lovely tank girl these days? Still producing that sports show?

Posted By ordnance11 on 17 Jan 2008 11:05 AM
You have a female playing FOW with you folks? You are lucky men!
Posted By WarHighlander on 17 Jan 2008 11:12 AM
www.onemodelplace.com/mem...?ID=156973
100% not workplace safe...

Posted By ordnance11 on 17 Jan 2008 11:35 AM
I'm at a school, so I'm gonna have to look at it later.
Posted By Nightwolf on 17 Jan 2008 12:43 PM
You have got to be kidding me. This gorgeous chick plays FoW!!???
Wolf

Posted By ordnance11 on 17 Jan 2008 12:57 AM

Finally got curious enough to set-up phone as a modem..
*stares*
*stares*
*stares*
You know..losing to her on a repeated basis wouldn't be so bad....

We really need more people like her playing
*grin*
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Re: How art imitates life..or is it the other way around?
Reminds me of our days with Double Exposure in the 1990s. (If you're not familiar with them, they ran and now run again the DexCon, Dreamation and other gaming conventions in the NJ/NY/PA tristate area.) For some reason, the staff was well-populated (far out of proportion to the usual distribution in the gaming community) with beautiful girls. Every con you were guaranteed to see Sarah slink by in her leather dress on Saturday night, and overhear a conversation that ended in some variation of "She's not someone's girlfriend, she's part of the staff? She's a gamer?!" And then there was the tiny but zaftig blonde, whom I only knew by her nickname, who was always a very, ahem, personal liaison to certain gothy game creators from the west coast...

-- Bob
---------
I intend to be a freak for the rest of my life, and I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen and incessant quotations from Now We Are Six through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head. So theeeeeere....

We only really managed a couple of actual sessions - due largely to conflicting schedules but mostly due to
me flaking out as a GM... but I had a gaming group with mostly female players. One guy and three ladies, actually. I suppose including myself would bring it
closer to parity, though. Two of the girls are very good looking, and, uh, they're both lawyers now. But having poise and a professional career doesn't
preclude gleeful rolling of dice and announcing that you're biting someone's leg next round.

-- Acyl