Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
House Goblin
House Goblin
King's Row
Seraph's apartment block.

Mary cursed as she struggled up the stairs with her grocery, you think in her twenty plus years of living among humans, she would of gotten used to the size difference. but no, she was a short stack goblin and everything was too damn big.

As she made it to her apartment, she put down her groceries, habitually looking around for someone trying to steal it before standing on her trippy toes to unlock her door. All she saw was that Oni chick that lived down the hall staring at her.

"See something you like?" She teases, shaking her ass, the Oni rolled her eyes and headed down stairs. Mary snickered as the door opened and she headed inside. Slowly she unpacked, climbing up and down the collection of step ladders she had in the kitchen, putting her groceries away before attending to a task she did not enjoy.

Heading into the living room, she sat down on the rug, closing her eyes and casting her mind out, she could feel the minds of two psyches below her, but they where self contained, not probing her.... Good. Slowing her breathing, her mind expanded into the city till she felt it, a psionicly altered mind, made into part of a web that stretched all the way back to the Rogue Isles.

She could feel her superiors mind on the network and sent her report, she was doing well in her infiltration of Paragon and had already worked with several members of the Freedom Phalanx, all things where progressing well.

Her superiors reply was like a slap to the face, telling her to only use this connection to report something of true worth before violently disconnecting.

Mary opened her eyes and rubbed her face, green hand coming away red from a bloody nose. She swore and got up, stripping down and taking a shower, a luxury to shower privately after the group showers in the Arachnos barracks.... And now bitch widows to sabotage the shower head she smiled as she washed her hair.

As she was relaxing, there was a knock at the door... Of course someone would interrupt her relaxation time. Turning off the water she wrapped a towel that was comically large on her and headed to the door, opening it a crack and looking out.

Standing there was a woman at least a foot taller than her with lilac hair holding a cake. "Hello there miss, I'm your neighbour Noelle Minette. I thought you might like a cake to welcome you to the neighbourhood."

Mary blinked... Cake? Welcome? This felt so alien.... But only a stupid goblin would turn down freebies. "Thanks, um.... Want a coffee?" She offered, opening the door. "Maybe you can tell me about the neighbourhood?"

"Oh that would be lovely miss." Noelle says with a smile.

"Call me Mary, come on in."
Neph: I wanna fight!
RE: House Goblin
Trinity Minette was struming her guitar when she heard her door open and Mary came in, swearing under her breath. Theirs was an odd friendship, started a few months back when Mary confessed her feelings to Noelle, only for Noelle to politely say she was not in a good position for a relationship at the time. Trinity found herself being a sympathetic shoulder for Mary to cry on and ever since then they had been buds.

"What's wrong short stuff?" Trinity asked as Mary went to the fridge, cracking it open and pulling out two beers, the goblin walking back and passing one over.

"Tax season." Mary grumped.

Trinity gave a knowing nod. "Hard on you?"

"Dual citizenship sucks, I need to file taxes in Paragon and the Rogue Isles! Thank ts two accountants I have to pay!"

Trinity was one of the few than knew Mary walked both sides of said the law, something the widow let slip one night drinking. Putting down her guitar, Trinity picked up her beer and cracked it, taking a sip. "Surprised old daddy long legs has you paying tax."

The goblin threw up her arms. "I know right! You think he demand tribute, but nope, legal taxation system, so I have to give up some of my pay back to him."

"If the pay is that bad, why not get a union?"

"Last guy that tried to make a union haunts Shark Heads.... And oh my god the claims, how do I claim a latex uniform with out coming off like a sex worker?"

At this Trinity laughed and flicked on the TV, showing the news of several heroes putting down a Troll rave. "Mary, what do you see?"

"Spandex that is too small?"

"Exactly, super suits are tax write offs no matter how silly the look, least that's what my sister said once."

Mary watches the news and puts her unopened can to her head. "Things where so much simpler before I became a widow, all Goblins care about is sex, food and shiniest... But nooooo, I had to join Arachnos, get psycho surgery, now I'm dealing with Taxs and love and shit." The goblin flopped onto her back. "So that's my birching out of the way, what's up with you green?"

Trinity shrugged. "Same old same old, playing to keep a roof over my head, dealing with sisters.... Hearing the occasion argument from down stairs."

Mary's ears perked up. "Goss? Give give."

"Oh the elf is pissed about her kids getting mugged, really went off, heard Seraph step in to calm her down.... Family shit."

"You know, given how thick the floors and walls are, they must of been loud."

Trinity shrugs.
RE: House Goblin
King's Row 
Seraph's Apartment block.

Mary sat on her floor and reached out with her mind, picking the strands of Arachnoses Psionic network, she hated this, but if she didn't report, then Arachnos would send a squad to find out why.... And she did not want that, she liked the people that lived here.

As her mind brushed against her superior officers, she felt the near mental whip as her mind was probed. "Report." Came the command.

Mary swallowed. "Well, things have been busy, I have made friends amoung the Freedom Phalanx."

"Trivial." Her superior officer snapped back.

"I made allies amoung the Freak Show and Vazhalock, improving their tech with Preatorian tech."

"Again, trivial, those factions are bellow our notice, a waste of your time."

Mary started to sweat as she communicated her last report. "With the aid of Preatorian refugees, I was able to... Um... Break? Yes break the mind of Preatorian Penelope Yin, converting her to Penelope Mayhem, a powerful villain that sees me as her... Ma ster? Creator? It was kind of complex."

There is silencec on the link, for a moment Mary though she had been disconnected.

"Interesting, a duplicate of the most powerful psychic on earth, bent to evil... Arachnos will look into it. You have done well operative Goblin, expect compensation for your work, that is all." 

With a sting between her eyes, Mary felt the conversation disconnect, with a Yelp she fell onto her back, nausea rolling through her small form, god she hated this. Rolling onto her belly, she crawled to her bed and started pulling herself onto it when there is a knock on her apartment door.

Groaning, she got to her feet and staggered to her front door, opening it she looked up. "Yes?" She muttered.

Looking down at her was one of the land lords kids... Neph was it? In her hand she held a card reader and by her side was a Bull dog puppy panting happily. Neph looked down. "Hey... Miss Goblin? Dad's busy so I'm helping out, rent time." She explained as the dog started sniffing Mary.

"Yeah yeah, let me grab my wallet." Mary left the door open, waddling back to her bed room and rummaging till she found it, pulling out her card and heading back.

Neph knelt down to hold out the card reader, punching in what Mary owed as the goblin swiped her card with a ping. "Thanks miss Goblin." Neph stood back up. "See you in a month, come on Spike." She called, heading to the next door, looking back at Mary one last time. "You might want to clean that up." The girl taps her nose.

Mary tapped her nose, her finger coming away wet and red, fuck, one of the many side effects of long range psionic communication, it put a lot of strain on her body. Closing the door, she looked around for some tissues to mop herself up.