Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers That Should Not Be: Probability Revoked on Account of Reign.

Quote:Egon Genesis Evangelion
[Image: Angelbusters.jpg]

(Not my image.)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Gentlemen, I have ordered my associates to secretly replace Sailor Moon's Usagi with Pandora Hearts' B-Rabbit. Observation shall commence momentarily.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

"We've secretly replaced Usagi Tsukino with Br'er Rabbit. Let's see if anyone notices."
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

One I noticed was used as a newspaper headline for a review of http://thereverbsyndicate.ca/]The Reverb Syndicate:

Have Peter Gunn, Will Travel
--
Rob Kelk

"We've replaced Mamoru Chiba with Sosuke Sagara. Let's see who notices."
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Jorlem Wrote:Gentlemen, I have ordered my associates to secretly replace Sailor Moon's Usagi with Pandora Hearts' B-Rabbit. Observation shall commence momentarily.
And now I've secretly replaced Pandora Hearts' B-Rabbit with 8 Mile's B-Rabbit.  Let's see if anyone notices.
-WFalling out of aeroplanes and hiding out in holes

Waiting for the sunset to come, people going home

Jump out from behind them and shoot them in the head

Now everybody dancing the dance of the dead

....and now the inevitable progression has led my inner eye to the vision of Eminem as Sailor Moon. Ack.
-- Bob
---------

I've secretly replaced Sailor Moon's Silly Rabbit (Usagi Tsukino) with Looney Tunes' Silly Rabbit (Bugs Bunny), Let's see what happens.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

Quote:Wiredgeek wrote:

I've secretly replaced Sailor Moon's Silly Rabbit (Usagi Tsukino) with Looney Tunes' Silly Rabbit (Bugs Bunny), Let's see what happens.
oh god... OH GOD....
*Mental Imagery of Bugs Bunny in a fuku puzzling over his situation when a pissed off youma-du-jour starts breathing VERY HEAVILY down his backside*
"HEY!  STOP STEAMIN' UP MY TAIL!!!"
*Goes someplace to die in a fit of hysterical giggles*

blackaeronaut Wrote:
Quote:Wiredgeek wrote:

oh god... OH GOD....
*Mental Imagery of Bugs Bunny in a fuku puzzling over his situation when a pissed off youma-du-jour starts breathing VERY HEAVILY down his backside*
"HEY!  STOP STEAMIN' UP MY TAIL!!!"
*Goes someplace to die in a fit of hysterical giggles*
The villain starts ranting about how he will destroy the world/Sailors/ect, at which point Bugs turns to the camera and says, "He don't know me very well, do he?"

ECSNorway Wrote:"We've replaced Mamoru Chiba with Sosuke Sagara. Let's see who notices."
  Pro:  Tux becomes a LOT more capable.
Con:  Tux/"Mamo-chan" becomes even more Oblivious To Love.
Pro:  Chibi-Usa should be a LOT less annoying.  And more heavily armed.
Con... um... hey, help me out here, people!

Quote:Con... um... hey, help me out here, people!
Chibi-Usa looks like Bonta-kun...?
--
Rob Kelk

SkyeFire Wrote:Con... um... hey, help me out here, people!

Black Lady will start the day with a light nuclear bombardment, to be followed up with other weaponry as necessary.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

CattyNebulart Wrote:
SkyeFire Wrote:Con... um... hey, help me out here, people!

Black Lady will start the day with a light nuclear bombardment, to be followed up with other weaponry as necessary.
Now, now. If you want a truly, staggeringly horrific Black Lady of that sort...
Replace Tux-boy not with Sosuke Sagara, but with Michael "OH JOHN RINGO NO!" Jenkins...
Then run away. Very very very fast.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Tron and Paranoia. Alpha Complex is inside Friend Computer, and those aren't clones, those are your backup copies...
-- Bob
---------

Bob Schroeck Wrote:Tron and Paranoia. Alpha Complex is inside Friend Computer, and those aren't clones, those are your backup copies...
Ooooh.  Now that sounds a little more engaging.  (^_^)

Brian J. Mason Ikkoku
-- Bob
---------

...I'll admit it.

I screamed.

In fear and horror and loathing.

Well done, sir.
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

Fate Harlaown, l'Cie

What if the power he knows not was meant in the biblical sense?

That though of course leads to a harry/skuld pairing, which is quite appropriate because pretty much everything about skuld fits that phrase.

But I have a hard time imagining the tech-loving Skuld hooking up with a wizard like harry, so my mind cast around for some other targets. Saber comes to mind as quite appropriate, and she even sticks around in one of the UBW routes. Granted the plot would need to be mangled a bit but perhaps the dursleys go to Japan for a few weeks and take harry with them... and rin is a much better wizard than most of the ones in HP, more attractive too. Sure Harry is a little young, but looking at nartuo fanfics many writers clearly have no problem writing 12 year olds like that....
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

CattyNebulart Wrote:What if the power he knows not was meant in the biblical sense?

That though of course leads to a harry/skuld pairing, which is quite appropriate because pretty much everything about skuld fits that phrase.

But I have a hard time imagining the tech-loving Skuld hooking up with a wizard like harry, so my mind cast around for some other targets. Saber comes to mind as quite appropriate, and she even sticks around in one of the UBW routes. Granted the plot would need to be mangled a bit but perhaps the dursleys go to Japan for a few weeks and take harry with them... and rin is a much better wizard than most of the ones in HP, more attractive too. Sure Harry is a little young, but looking at nartuo fanfics many writers clearly have no problem writing 12 year olds like that....
In that direction... how about Julie Power? Smile
--Sam
"Sidekicks don't kiss!"

Quote:In that direction... how about Julie Power? Smile

Or Austin Powers?
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

Wiredgeek Wrote:
Quote:In that direction... how about Julie Power? Smile

Or Austin Powers?

Which brings us to the disturbing combination of Austin Powers and the Power Pack. I'm not even sure how that would work.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

"Do I make you horny? Do I make you horny?"

"I'm twelve, you perv!"
-- Bob
---------
Well, it's not fanfiction per se....
...but what about the fusion of two major videogame genres?  Specifically the "Rock Band" family and the multiplayer FPS:
"BOOM!  Rimshot!"
(Okay, so technically it should be something more like "Boom Boom Crash!  Rimshot!", but that just seemed unwieldy)