Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers That Should Not Be: Probability Revoked on Account of Reign.

Quote:Princess Emeraudle calls upon a legend to save her world of Cephiro, summoning three girls from another world.

And gets Agatha Heterodyne, Zeetha, Daughter of Chump, and Bangladesh DuPree..
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

Wiredgeek Wrote:
Quote:Princess Emeraudle calls upon a legend to save her world of Cephiro, summoning three girls from another world.

And gets Agatha Heterodyne, Zeetha, Daughter of Chump, and Bangladesh DuPree..
Or Bulma, Videl, and Number 18...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

How about we go completely over the top?

How about Belldandy, Urd, and Skuld?

Quote:How about Belldandy, Urd, and Skuld?

...delicious. Or we could just Go Nuts and get Kei, Yuri, and Marrler...

Andromeda Ascendant, Curtana, and GladOS star in Matrix Knights Rayearth.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Or Osaka, Tomo and Kaori.

Dorothy, Wendy, and Alice.
...Nodoka, Haruka, and Yue? Smile
--Sam
"Blood covers The City like a big red Afghan."

Evil Midnight Lurker Wrote:Dorothy, Wendy, and Alice.
...Nodoka, Haruka, and Yue? Smile
--Sam
"Blood covers The City like a big red Afghan."
... I've created a monster...
Being a fan of Nanoha and Rayearth, I gave some thought about how it would work, when the idea came to me:
Pair ups:
Nanoha -> Rayearth   (I think this one is obvious)
Fate -> Windham    (Fate here is the caring one, while ...)
Hayate -> Selece (Ceres?)   ( ... Hayate is the tactician)
The Cephiro-type magic could synergise neatly with the mid/belka-type--it all works on willpower anyways.  Although I'd be kinda scared of Nanoha's power at the endgame.  (These three piloting/riding a living mecha that augments her own powers, which in turn are augmented by the nature of the world, and her device.  Yup the end battle would be a curb stomp.)
As for justifying the need of the rune gods, the Zagato can affect the world as a whole with his powers (and the pillar being out of commission), and even our heroines can quite cope with that in the beginning, ending up with a stalemate, until they can break it bu unlocking the power of the Rune Gods to level the playing field.
It'd be curb stomp fun, but there's the possibility of legitimate story there, I think.

Quote:(These three piloting/riding a living mecha that augments her own powers, which in turn are augmented by the nature of the world, and her device. Yup the end battle would be a curb stomp.)
What do you mean, "battle"? That term implies both sides have a chance to fight - the correct term here is "rout".

This would be a story where the fun is in the trip, not in the destination.
--
Rob Kelk

Akane, Nabiki and Kasumi.

Because those who got left behind would interpret the disappearance as another kidnapping, and Ranma would get tasked with the duty of finding out where they went and rescuing them, and of course he'd manage to follow even though there probably shouldn't be any way to do that, and then everyone else would be trying to catch up with him and some of them would find their way over as well...

Quote:and then everyone else would be trying to catch up with him and some of them would find their way over as well...
"Where in the world am I now?"

"Autozam."

"Oh. How do I get to the Tendo dojo?"
--
Rob Kelk

For broken-ness:

Any of the sorcerers from the Belgariad or the Malleorean by Eddings in Cephiro.

Extra extra broken-ness:

Add Garion + orb

Hmm... Belgarath, Happosai, and Lupin III walk into a bar...

Wiredgeek Wrote:Hmm... Belgarath, Happosai, and Lupin III walk into a bar...
And there was much vacating of females.

Perhaps three or four times in a century, when the full moon rises on Halloween night, a certain ritual may -- perhaps must -- be performed, by the right people at the right place.  A ritual which will ward off the Outer Gods from this world, or call them back in full force.  For untold ages, the closers have won... but often just barely.
The ritual, once invoked, cannot be stopped -- no matter what certain occult organizations might think of it, or of its participants, they are bound not to prevent it.  But they can send observers, sometimes even participants.
This year, on this particular Night in the Lonesome October, the White Council dragooned Harry Dresden and Mouse.
Discuss. Smile
--Sam
"How the hell did I do that?"
Xanatos Epochal Chess
"The Empire," the mild-mannered scientist said soberly, "is doomed to fall within a thousand years, dragging all of human galactic civilization into a new Dark Age enduring for a thousand centuries.  The fall cannot be stopped, but--"
"Oh, but it can, Doctor Seldon," said the the Eternal Emperor easily.  "You see," he continued, leaning forward on his throne with a sudden, nearly predatory smile, "I have foreseen the fall you predict, and the means whereby it may be prevented.  Welcome to the Geas Project, Doctor.  I've been waiting for you to show up...."
Yep.  The Ultimate Xanatosian Chessmaster and the Original Psychohistorian.  We're lucky they're both well-intentioned guys. And LeLouch vs the Mule, yowza.

Evil Midnight Lurker Wrote:Perhaps three or four times in a century, when the full moon rises on Halloween night, a certain ritual may -- perhaps must -- be performed, by the right people at the right place.  A ritual which will ward off the Outer Gods from this world, or call them back in full force.  For untold ages, the closers have won... but often just barely.
The ritual, once invoked, cannot be stopped -- no matter what certain occult organizations might think of it, or of its participants, they are bound not to prevent it.  But they can send observers, sometimes even participants.
This year, on this particular Night in the Lonesome October, the White Council dragooned Harry Dresden and Mouse.
Discuss. Smile
--Sam
"How the hell did I do that?"
A Night in the Lonesome October meets Dresden Files?
Oh boy.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Why you don't let your spelling-checker, which has a custom dictionary that you've set up for your last fanfic, check your current fanfic: One character in a Negima fanfic I'm prereading ended up having her name "corrected" to "Evangelion McDowell"...
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:"Evangelion McDowell"
Ack.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

hrm.

Evangelion Jones And the Temple of Doom

*flash transition to long-lens video of a giant purple and green EVANGELION ripping a faux-Mayan temple to shreds. The EVA unit is wearing a colossal brown fedora*

perhaps not.

Evangeline McDowell And The Temple of Doom

You keep the heart and throw away the REST? That's wasteful!
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Berk Wrote:Evangeline McDowell And The Temple of Doom

You keep the heart and throw away the REST? That's wasteful!

With a name like "McDowell" there's bound to be some ultraviolence. And apes, definitely apes.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Inspired by something from the current fic-recommendation thread:
tjalorak Wrote:Potential
http://www.tthfanfic.org/Story-21613/Sh ... ential.htm
SG/BTVS. Jennifer Hailey always thought the dreams were just nightmares until the Ring of Fire incident.
At first glance, I didn't recognize the character name, but saw "BtVS" and "Ring of Fire", and the first thing which came to my mind was "Grantville".

Well, actually, no; Grantville is the correct referent for "Ring of Fire", but thanks to a mental mis-indexing, the first thing which came to my mind was "Dies the Fire" and/or "Island in the Sea of Time". (Yes, "thing" singular, I keep those two in the same mental box.)

The Wanderer Wrote:Inspired by something from the current fic-recommendation thread:

tjalorak Wrote:Potential
http://www.tthfanfic.org/...13/ShayneT+Potential.htm
SG/BTVS. Jennifer Hailey always thought the dreams were just nightmares until the Ring of Fire incident.
At first glance, I didn't recognize the character name, but saw "BtVS" and "Ring of Fire", and the first thing which came to my mind was "Grantville".
Well, actually, no; Grantville is the correct referent for "Ring of Fire", but thanks to a mental mis-indexing, the first thing which came to my mind was "Dies the Fire" and/or "Island in the Sea of Time". (Yes, "thing" singular, I keep those two in the same mental box.)
Well, near the begining of Dies the Fire, shortly before The Change, some of the characters heard a news report about a dome of light over Nantucket Island.  I tend to link the two series myself.

Yes, I know - they are (I believe canonically, though I forget where I found that) in the same continuity as one another. They're still two very different stories, though, and the associated crossovers would be correspondingly different - at least unless/until the point of reunification came up.