Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Asking members for a short self insert in a "toy" RPG universe

Sorry for taking so long to reply my ISP is a fair weather friend, which means I only have useful internet access when the weather is clear.
Thanks ClassicDrogn I never thought of the attack from that point of view.  Specifically of some one out of touch and relatively isolated suddenly leaving their isolation and finding their work place, a Quick mart or supermarket empty of all people and possibly showing the signs of a sudden and abrupt abandonment.
The closer to the East Coast and Washington DC you lived in this 1998 attempted invasion the more likely you were to see something in the sky or actually be subjected to an attack by the Death Gliders.
Did the place where you worked have a radio or TV that was constantly
turned on?  Say something in the break room that you would discover as
you checked around for your coworkers?

My family has been CBer's and/or HAM operators since the late 1960's and if we are awake then there is usually at least two radios turned on, one listening to our standby channel and the other scanning our favorite HAM bands.  In contrast the TV and AM/FM radios are almost never on unless there is a specific target such as a news broadcastor or other programming we want to see.  For example back in 2001 I found out about the twin towers via local Garbage men breaking the squelch on the radio talking about a airplane hitting one of the towers, then the TV was turned on.  
In this story/RPG idea once the EBS is activated and the warning given the president and military make the decision to allow all commercial radio/TV Satellite stations to return full broadcasting if the station crew are willing to keep them going. It's not mentioned, but Captain Janeway in a discussion with high ranking military officers had pointed out that if only the military were using radio transmitters after the Gou'ald spacecraft arrive it would make it very easy for that spacecraft to pick out their signals and positions and target them. 
hmelton

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by ClassicDrogn - 03-07-2012, 08:53 PM
[No subject] - by hmelton - 03-10-2012, 04:41 AM
[No subject] - by ClassicDrogn - 03-10-2012, 07:47 AM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 03-12-2012, 07:40 AM
Rock scissors paper - by hmelton - 03-13-2012, 10:43 PM