Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Asking members for a short self insert in a "toy" RPG universe

Well, I wouldn't have been able to get inside since I didn't have a door key then - it was in what's called "the greater Boston area," meaning the never-ending sprawl of suburbs around the city proper. If you look on a map and see Route 128 (which is also US 95 for a fair bit of it) curving around the crossroads of highways labeled as being Boston, I was near the north end of that in Peabody and my work in Beverly, close enough to see the Prudential Building on a low-smog day. So, it's fairly likely that there would have been ships visible in the sky, and if they were actually firing on ground targets, once I realised that I'd probably have taken advantage of the empty road to proceed at a high rate of speed in my 92 Camaro "Amelia" to the nearest underpass and park in the shadow of it, possibly pulling off the actual road to get under an elevated ramp with less sky view if one was nearby (I know of at least two on the route I followed then, and the Camaro was surprisingly off-roadable as long as one stayed aware of things that might get caught on the low body clearance, and maintained momentum through tall grass or soft ground. I loved that car.)

I routinely kept a couple of blankets, roll of TP, gallon jug of water and 2-4 boxes of thawed but unopened Hot Pockets in Amelia (they're almost as durable as Twinkies; I've left one sealed in the cellophane defrosted on the counter for months as an experiment and it never developed mold, smelled fine when I finally opened it, and didn't taste off or give me stomach trouble) so I'd probably have been alright for a day or two, until either being found by patrols (hopefully Earthling) or hearing the all-clear on the car radio, turned on for a short time every few hours to see if the PSA's were still owning the airwaves and saying to stay bunkered up. A nearby corner outside the car would be rather foul, however.

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by ClassicDrogn - 03-07-2012, 08:53 PM
[No subject] - by hmelton - 03-10-2012, 04:41 AM
[No subject] - by ClassicDrogn - 03-10-2012, 07:47 AM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 03-12-2012, 07:40 AM
Rock scissors paper - by hmelton - 03-13-2012, 10:43 PM