Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gaijin's Realm goes home

Quote: Okay people, Mark Shurtleff has been in direct contact with me. He now has full access to the forums and may make his own posting on this topic, but I
promised him I would make this announcement:

Many of the images folks have scrambled to recover and archive are commissioned artwork that we do not have the rights to copy, and which
Mark does not want set loose in the Net. He has, however, made the following offer:

Quote: I'll make you guys a deal - I'll put together a zip of the RelAbs and 10/2 character pics from the released versions for your forum members,
provided you get rid of the earlier versions and you treat the pics as professional work (which it is). Sound good?
I think this is a fine compromise, and I'm hoping everyone else does, too.

Sounds fine to me.

Hey guys,

I've sent the GaijinsRealm artwork archive to Bob and I'm giving him the permission to distribute copies of the archive to members of this forum, so
please direct any requests to him via email. I'd rather that they not be further bandied about in public. If you want to see more of Lian's work -
she's the artist who did all of the character artwork except the RelAbs banner - go visit her personal site at http://www.l-i-a-n.com or her DeviantArt site at http://linlilian.deviantart.com/.
I can't recommend her enough.

-Togashi Gaijin-

Okay, folks, you heard the definitive statement there.

Let me add: Anyone who wants a copy of the approved archive, email me. I had a damned hard time tracking everyone who asked for the earlier zip in the forums, and you can't always assume I can remember what handle goes to what real name in my address book -- if I have you in my address book at all. The easiest solution to this is email me directly.

Consequently, I will ignore requests posted in this or other threads. Sorry guys, but if I'm not to drive myself crazy trying to make sure everyone who wants one gets one, this is the only way.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

I'd like to offer my apologies for my role in helping distribute the artwork. I should have known, or realized, or something. Sorry.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.