Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gaijin's Realm goes home

Thanks Bob! Jenova, could you send me Miko and Wyrm please? my e-mail is on the previous page, thanks!

Ah? Someone snagged Miko and Wyrm? Can I get them as well?

It's a shame that these have gone from the web. All that lovely, lovely fanart for Relatively Absent now gone...

Anyway, Jenova? Since you have both, can you send me Relatively Absent and Miko please?

Email address (slightly obscured): cobalt -dot- greywalker -circle-a- googlemail -dot- com

Erf. Did anyone manage to save the art? Please tell me someone did.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Quote: It disappeared from the Wayback Machine? Yow, he's quite determined to stalinize his fic writing, isn't he?
That makes me want a copy...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Quote: Bob Schroeck wrote:

Quote: tenkawa@comcast.net
AKITO!

Exactly ^_^

And thanks for the copies!

@Jenova: If you could send me Miko(yes, two chapters was all there was) and Wyrm as well? The email in the quote is me.
To Make This Easier
Download this.

Instead of trying to send this to everyone who wants it, just save the target of that link. It's the zip file with RA, TOT and AML in it.

And may I also have copies of Wyrm and Miko sent my way? Thank you.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Unless I missed someone, I've sent what I had. Hopefully, my old mac's zip compressor hasn't scrambled everything.
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
--Dr. Seuss

Thanks Jenova, especially those two pieces of fanart (even if they were not what I was thinking of). I don't suppose anyone else has fanart from Relatively
Absent?

Much thanks again, Jenova. And again, if anyone has the other RA art (especially the ones of the other girls), I'd be deeply grateful.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

I have a bunch of RA art, and some of the stories. I have, excluding those in the download link, After The Ball,
Miko, Frozen Dreams, and And The Last Three
He Stays. I don't have Wyrm though, so if someone could send me that, I'd appreciate it.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Who was it that had Wyrm? I would like to get that, please?

Quote: Jorlem wrote:

I have a bunch of RA art, and some of the stories. I have, excluding those in the download link, After The Ball,
Miko, Frozen Dreams, and And The Last
Three He Stays. I don't have Wyrm though, so if someone could send me that, I'd appreciate it.
Could you send me those at happiers@hotmail.com?

To me too, please! My address is upthread.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Please add me to the list of people wanting copies of the RA art. My address is upthread.

Of course, if there is a lot or it is big it may be better to set up a photobucket acount and just posting a link here.

Or have Bob compile it all into a zip and host it up like he's done for the written stuff...
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

YAYYY!!!!Relatively Absent is OFF THE WEB!!!!!

I HATED that story!

It contained THREE of my pet peeves in Ranma fanfiction...

1) Ranma gets stuck as a girl after his battle with Herb.His worst nightmare,in other words.

2) The Tendos (especially Akane) get abused.While Nabiki deserves whatever she gets,the rest of the family certainly doesn't.

3) The government (O.K. The Emperor of Japan) forces Ranma to take another girl as wife,despite the fact he is now a she.This was bad enough when the DeCamps
pulled a new girl for the hero out of nowhere,but after what happened to Akane in this fic,this trope is now been poisoned for me."There's only one kind of monster that uses bullets"-Colonel VanHeusen , from "It! The Terror From Beyond Space"

I have everything I listed compressed into a rar file, which is just over 1 MB. Should I email it out now, or send it to Bob so he can host it? Personally,
I'd favor Star Ranger's suggestion, but I'd like to have Bob's ok before I send him anything.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

I think I have the space on my web account for another 1 meg...
-- Bob
---------

I never really got what you saw in RA.

Pronounced "shy guy."

I have plenty of web space to host it, if Bob's is tight. Wink
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Okay, sorry it took me so long, but the week's been busy and unpredictable. There are two new archives up on my site:

gstories.rar, a collection of Shurtleff's fiction, and
gimages.rar, pics that went with it.

I have not actually opened these files yet (busy week etc.) so I cannot yet vouch for contents and completeness.

My original archive, shurtleff.zip, is still there in case anyone wants it, at least for the time being.

ETA:  At Shurtleff's request, I have deleted the images file.  It contained commissioned, copyrighted artwork which we do not have the rights to distribute.  See post below.
ETA2:  I've also removed the stories archive.  Anyone who wanted them ought to have gotten a copy by now.
-- Bob
---------

Okay people, Mark Shurtleff has been in direct contact with me. He now has full access to the forums and may make his own posting on this topic, but I promised him I would make this announcement:

Many of the images folks have scrambled to recover and archive are commissioned artwork that we do not have the rights to copy, and which Mark does not want set loose in the Net. He has, however, made the following offer:
Quote:I'll make you guys a deal - I'll put together a zip of the RelAbs and 10/2 character pics from the released versions for your forum members, provided you get rid of the earlier versions and you treat the pics as professional work (which it is). Sound good?
I think this is a fine compromise, and I'm hoping everyone else does, too.
-- Bob
---------

Well, the commissioned art one makes perfect sense really.

Ah, the only known way to stop Internet users from copying stuff: asking nicely.

Pronounced "shy guy."