Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video Madness XI
RE: Video Madness XI
Long, but surprisingly interesting.

-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
The Slo-Mo Guys attended the Gloucestershire Cheese Roll this year

link
--
‎noli esse culus
Postmodern Jukebox - Stayin' Alive (Ragtime Rockabilly version)
The first track up (at least on my feed) after that one is this one - same group, different singer:

(Non-embedded)

Wow. But how well can Effie Passero handle a difficult song?

(Non-embedded)

Very well indeed. This cover's better than Rufus Wainwright's or k.d. lang's, IMHO. (Mind you, I like Cohen's original performance, gravelly-voice and all.)

Note to self: Find more of Effie Passero's performances.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
We appear to have missed these last year: very Short Treks, made to mark the fiftieth anniversary of Star Trek: The Animated Series. The link is to the playlist. And, yes, the "v" is supposed to be in lower case.

The first two very Short Trek are straight ''TAS'' parodies (one in the Shatner!Kirk timeline, one in the Pine!Kirk timeline), while the others include guest characters from ''Deep Space Nine'', "Voyager", ''Enterprise'', ''Discovery'', and ''Lower Decks''.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
'Scenes from an Italian Restaurant' (Billy Joel) by  Middle Aged Dad Jam Band (feat. Weird Al)

Hugh Jackman/Ryan Reynolds a short song they did on the Tonight Show
This is a Millennial's anthem (animated short)
Dr Eggman Launches his Campaign for President

Futurama/Axel F theme mashup - CLMC Music
What do you hear?

-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Muppets/Metallica mashup - Master of Muppets
And there is a new MetaBallStudios video, this time comparing relative sizes from One Piece:

-- Bob

Conversations I've Actually had on Calls as a Paramedic and Firefighter

It's Wizard Time Vol 1 (compilation of Youtube shorts)
The memes may not have materialized, but this song is real

link

OR IS IT!?
--
‎noli esse culus
CLMC Music- Batman (1989)/Back to the Future theme mashup
Postmodern Jukebox - Radioactive (Imagine Dragons) Vintage Jazz cover
Harry Potter - Redneck Wizard (song)
The official music video for Doom Dance ny Gunshiop has some heavy Tank Police inspiration

link
--
‎noli esse culus
There I Ruined It - John Denver sings War Pigs
Portals scene from Endgame, but with the version of Like A Prayer from Deadpool and Wolverine, and some editing to add the pair to the battle.

(09-07-2024, 03:13 PM)Norgarth Wrote: There I Ruined It - John Denver sings War Pigs

and the inverse, Black Sabbath singing Country Roads
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/iR6u__nZv...ture=share
New Transformers music video for the 40th anniversary on the 17th - music by Bump of Chicken, animation by Studio Trigger.

link

There's also apparently an upcoming special edition release of the WFC:Earthrise Optimus Prime (again, for the fifth time or so) in mid-resurrection motley. displayed last week at some toy show as a Bump of Chicken band tie-in.

[Image: QcTiEd5.jpg]

It might be an interesting curiosity for the toy shelf if I had space and budget for it, but with multiple must-haves schedules to come out in the next year including two or three other OPs already and legitimate doubt about actually even being able to tell it from a normal color version by the time it arrives, it becomes an easy skip for me.
--
‎noli esse culus
-- Bob

Fie, clearly made by someone who has never seen a real dog. They've got the front legs bending backwards!
--
‎noli esse culus
Destroying Lego towers (with Lego creations)
New MetaBall Studios video -- and for once they're not going big.

-- Bob