Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nanoha's New Weapon

... so basically they gave Vita a _bigger_ hammer.

That's the saying, isn't it? "If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer." ?

... Maybe I'm the only one who says that. '.'

I don't know, I'm not really getting much out of those images except "Subaru's exposed midriff is quite enticing." (Well, that and continued irritability about the sword thing.)

-Morgan.

s3yang Wrote:... so basically they gave Vita a _bigger_ hammer.
"Best Birthday Present EVER!" (Well, it would be if she got it on her birthday...)

Morganni Wrote:I don't know, I'm not really getting much out of those images except "Subaru's exposed midriff is quite enticing."
Isn't that enough?

(Okay, there is Ginga's exposed midriff to consider, if at all possible... Mmmmmm, sisters...)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

The text contains some interesting technical details. Subaru's is interesting in that she hasn't really gotten a super upgrade compared to the others, and is instead mostly just rolling about on refined and perfected versions of her original gear (except the Knuckle, which is completely unchanged). There's little in the way of explanation for the Sword Breaker unit she's wearing on the other hand, though.

On the other hand, Nanoha and Vita have power consumption issues.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:Morganni wrote:

I don't know, I'm not really getting much out of those images except "Subaru's exposed midriff is quite enticing."
Isn't that enough?
[/b]  
Except that this is Subaru, than whom rainbows are straighter.  I dunno, I'd kind of rather be enticed by a girl with whom, if I were 2D, I might have a ghost of a chance....
By the way, if you're able to get away with the versions including the ads, there're some hellacious other pics in those sequences -- not all or even most Nanoha-related, and some almost as NSFW as the ads, but more than a few of them just gorgeous.  There's an adorable image of Ryoko giving Yuki a big hug, f'rinstance, and a cute shot of Yuuno panicking as young Nanoha starts to strip in front of him (first in the sequence marked "Fate").  And then there's a lovely (and Rrrrawr!) picture of bikini-clad Nanoha and Fate sitting back to back at poolside (second in the sequence marked "Spoiler").  
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

robkelk Wrote:Isn't that enough?

She already *had* that though. It's not exactly a new development. `.`
DHBirr Wrote:Except that this is Subaru, than whom rainbows are straighter. I dunno, I'd kind of rather be enticed by a girl with whom, if I were 2D, I might have a ghost of a chance....

Hey, it's not *my* fault you don't have a female self-image...

-Morgan. Bisexuals exist, yada yada yada. It's a technical term.

Well, I've found some better (Very High-res) and work safe versions.

http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=pos ... &id=370757]02 - Subaru
http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=pos ... &id=442117]04 - Vita
http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=pos ... &id=455604]05 - Fate
http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=pos ... &id=456015]03 - SPOILER

And one otherwise OK but possibly unsafe version.

http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post ... &id=750608]01 - Nanoha

Lovin' Fate's double-bladed device. Echoes of Darth Maul's lightsaber.

http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post ... &id=894851]06 - Nanoha 02. When you don't want to mess around...

It's work safe, but I'd have to put in a proviso that other things on that domain may not be, so watch your firewalls...

Cobalt Greywalker Wrote:06 - Nanoha 02. When you don't want to mess around...

It's work safe, but I'd have to put in a proviso that other things on that domain may not be, so watch your firewalls...
Bad link. The full-size picture won't load, and the one that they put up is too small to see.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

It loaded fine for me once I clicked the 'Original Image' link on the left side of the page.

Are those tires on her armor now?
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

I guess her tribute to Gundam is now complete.

She has a Full Armor Variant.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Full armor nothing. She stole Exia's GN blade! :ROFL:
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

When I click on the "original image" link, I get a huge but VERY badly pixelated image.  Anybody else having that problem?

That's what I got, as well.

The image is quite large (9096x4089 at 16M colours, saves as ~4.2MB file). Could that be the problem?

It's just taking a long time to download is all.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Berk Wrote:It's just taking a long time to download is all.
So long that it stops partway through...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Resized for your viewing pleasure
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

And so Fate's weapon becomes even MORE Freudian...
--------------------------------------
I am the LORD OF THE CRACK!
Check out said crack:
Takamachi Nanoha of 2814- Green Lantern Nanoha. To START! Now with a TvTropes page!
FATE/Holy Grail War of 2814- The Fifth Holy Grail War with Magical Girl Prisma Illya, in the DCAU, from the above story.
Magical Girl Magistra Erebea Molly- the world's first Dresden Files/TvTropes Crossover.
VENGEANCE! The Musical! The Story of Uchiha Sasuke

Why-oh-why do I now have GIR stuck in my head singing the doom song? Oh yeah, because anyone going up against Nanoha and Friends with all that hardware is utterly doomed.

Enh, the writers seem to be pretty good about scaling up their opponents.

On the other hand, is it just me or does Nanoha seem distinctly displeased in that pic? I mean, I can't even say that she looks _angry_ or anything just really.... really... miffed.

Somebody probably made Vita cry. That person is about to have a very, very bad day.

I'm gonna sing the Doom Song now! (^_^)

s3yang Wrote:On the other hand, is it just me or does Nanoha seem distinctly displeased in that pic? I mean, I can't even say that she looks _angry_ or anything just really.... really... miffed.
Given Hayate's "gonna choke a bitch" Gendo pose when she saw what Cypha did to Signum, I can't imagine Nanoha's response to her friend being in intensive care is any less....severe.
---
waste."

In other news, raws of the next part of Nanoha Force are now in circulation.
It seems that : Isis Egret may be some sort of combat cyborg.  Considering her arm mounted devices and her purple hair/gold eyes, it's not a long trip to puzzle out what sort.
I for one can hardly wait to see what comes next.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead