Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new Seraph's
RE: The new Seraph's
King's Row.
Seraph's house.

Lief was bored, she had tried watching primal earth tv, but it was.... Difficult to get into, maybe she was to young to get it? She was only five. She sighs and looks up as there is a clatter at the window.

Caroline was climbing in the window in full costume. "Oh... Hey short stuff." She says and pulls her mask off and lets her hair down. "What's wrong?"

Lief sits up. "I got nothing to do."

Caroline smiles. "Well, guess what time it is?"

Lief looked confused as she looks at the clock. "Um... Later than noon?"

Caroline takes Lief's hand and leads her to her room, pointing at three large glass cases. "Feeding time."
Lief was confused, till she saw movement, rushing over, she pushed her nose to the glass, there where animals inside! Praetoria had almost no animals with out licences and government oversight, but here was three cases. 

"What are they?" Lief breaths.

Caroline walks to the biggest case and opens it, reaching inside and pulling out a large animal. "This is an iguana, it is from Florida, he eats bugs, chicken." She walks over with the lizard to a fridge and opens it, pulling out some diced chicken, feeding the iguana.

Lief was enthralled, she tip toes to the next tank where three fat things sit there, slowly blinking. "And this?"

Caroline feeds the iguana another bit of chicken. "My rain frogs, fat and cute."

Lief walks to the next tank, a long thing was there, before she can even ask, Caroline steps up next to her. "A hognose snake, aren't my animals so cool?"

Lief just nods in awe, so strange and new.

"Here, hold Gogi." Caroline hands the iguana to Lief, the small girl stumbling as she looks wide eyed, holding the large lizard.... Today has become the best day ever.
Neph: I wanna fight!
King's Row
Seraph's house.

Neph returns from her ventures into Praetoria's past and collapses on the couch in full power armour, springs groaning under her weight, pulling off her helm she lets out a long sigh.

Caroline hops up next to her. "Still in a shit sandwich?" The younger girl asks.

Neph groans. "Fucking Oroborous, they say I need to maintain the time line, but man is it hard, everything I do leads into some new fuck up."
Caroline looks her over. "So that's why you had dad make you power armour?"

"No the armour is because my nice clothes kept getting full of bullet holes."

Caroline shakes her head. "This is why you get a costume from the beginning, like me."

"Oh, miss "spadex is fine till it rides u-"

Caroline cuts her off. "We do not speak of the spandex time, we only acknowledges the era of moulded Kevlar."

"Still think a secret identity is stupid in this city, what when you have to register with the government and all that."

Caroline shrugs. "Some of us like having private lives.... I mean, I beat the shit out of the skulls, you think they leave this building standing if they knew I lived here?"

Neph thought. "Nah, they be more pisses a 16 year old stopped their drug empire."

"Nearly 17." Caroline whines.

"What ever, less talk, more big sis trying to unwind from shit show time travel" Neph shoos her off.

Neuropolis.
Neurons lab.

Girtruide slowly tapped away at the computer, humming to try and block out the blaring alarms as she tried to find files about the Olympiad Guard, there had to be something on these computers.

As she tapped away, she spotted her own name and smiled, opening the file and started reading.... And was confused. It mentioned brain scan and DNA, of multiple primal earths.... Paragon Protector?  Crey  industries? Looked like Neuron was keeping to his habit of stealing others tech for his own... Even if it was flawed compared to some of the stuff Antimatter made.

As she read the file, it was like chunks of her memory where unfolding, Girtruide Seraph, wife of Patricia White, mother of two.... But something happened, that version of primal earth was cut off some how, but there was plenty of data on this Girtruide.... She had friends, family..... But she was a copy of this woman... And by the looks of it, heavily flawed.

There was mentions of Tiliaman's attempts at psycho surgery, but something went wrong, she was taken off the guard and given PR duties.... Was she brain damaged? She chewed her lip and kept reading.

She had to get out of Praetoria, maybe meet these Seraph's.... If she could get to the right Primal Earth. Hearing footsteps, she put her first through the computer and turned as several of Neuron's clockwork filled in. Putting her helmet back on, she waved her hand. "You just missed the resistance members, they where hear to steal top secret data!"

The clockwork scanned the room, then as one raised their arms, miniature flame projectors folding out.

"Well..... Worth a try." She muttered as they opened fire, flames licking at her super suit as she stepped and brought her first into a hammer blow on the first clockworks head, crumpling it as she stepped into the midst of them.... Maybe she could tell her lie to a PPD member if she saw one.... Assuming she still had a good rep in the loyalists eyes after this.

(This is something to tie Homecoming back to Live, I just couldn't let my little girl go.... and also in memory of Ran-san, who played Patricia White and sadly passed last year.)
King's Row

Noelle was walking up to visit the Seraph's when she paused, the street outside his house looked like a war zone, craters in the road and side walk, at least two wrecked cars and his front door was a series of splinters.
Nervously, she entered the home, heading upstairs and seeing more damage before entering his home and looking at the dining room, her heart leaping into her throat as there was one of Berry's Olympiad Guard, it took her a moment to factor in the guard was unhemmed, sporting a black eye.

Sitting across the table from her was Neph, the cyborg sporting a large bruise on the side of her face while at the head of the table was Seraph with a bottle of whiskey and a shot glass. "Hello Noelle." He said tiredly. "This is Gir." He waves at the Olympiad Guard who gave a nervous smile.

Noelle took a deep breath. "Soooooo, what happened here?" She asked.

Gir coughed. "Um, I can sort of explain.... See, I am Seraph's daughter.... Not this Seraph. A Seraph from a dimension labled Primal Earth L, this is Primal Earth HC, I came here to talk when she." Gir motions to Neph. "Punched through the door and attacked me."

Neph snorts. "I would of won."

Gir rolled her good eye. "What part of invulnerable did you not get?"

"That black eye says otherwise bitch!"

Seraph slammed his hands in the table. "Girls! We are hear to talk about this like adults, right now we need to pay for the street repairs and the cars you two smashed.... And also talk to Gir about what she wants." He downs a shot of whiskey. "Need to talk to Tish about this....."

Noelle looked at Gir and found it odd, during her time in the resistance, she had heard rumours of Preator Berry's pet incarnates, made to fight and kill the heroes of Paragon.... But she also remembered hearing Cole scrapped the project... Yet here was one sitting here.

"Seraph, how about as you think about this, I take Gir to get some civilian clothes.... As a immigrant from Preatoria, I'm sure Vanguard gave you some credit to buy essentials till you are situated?"

Gir nods and pulls out a bundle of papers from her utility belt, among them a Paragon ID card and pre paid credit card, Noelle looks them over and nods. "Seraph, we will be back in a while, you can talk to your family about this okay."

Seraph nods, just as the door is kicked in and Caroline pops in. "NEW SISTER?" She shouts.

Seraph refills his shot glass and sighs.

[url=https://www.tumblr.com/tagged/city%20of%20heroes][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM5khBveVok&t=2151s

Someone told me Seraph is down this path......
King's Row
Seraph's House.

Gir walked into the lounge room, bullet fragments fall out of the gaps in her armour as she looked for somewhere to collapse. Neph was currently face down on the couch.... So Gir faceplanted on the floor.

Neph raised her head. "The fucks wrong with you?" She barked tiredly.

Gir rolled onto her back, rumaged in her shirt and pulled a dented bullet from her bra. "I just stopped a Praetorian invasion, you?"

"Stopped the unleashing of an elder goddess and some how got War Witch a new body."

Caroline enters with a tea tray, the two tired girls looking at her.

Caroline bit her lip. "I... I fought some Skulls?"

The two tired girls stare harder.

"Hey, it's not fair, I have school you know, I can't hero as much as you." She says as she puts the tray on the coffee table.

Neph gains an evil smirk. "If mum finds out....."

Caroline pailed. "You wouldn't."

Neph sat up. "Hey ma-" she was cut off as Caroline tackled her to the floor and into Gir, starting a three way brawl.

Seraph came in to see what was up and smiled, ah the energy of youth.
Praetorian refugee camp.

Neph walked through the crowds, ever since she finished her time hoping to the first ward and the night ward, there was someone she needed to apologise too.

As she looked, she spotted a familiar shock of grey hair over by the flower garden and walked up. "Er... Hey Katie, how's things?"
The former Seerer looked up from picking flowers and grinned. "Isn't it wonderful Neph? All this green and no fear of the Devouring Earth! I can touch real grass, see real trees... And the animals." She beams.

Neph let out a slight sigh, she was expecting her to still be pissed about the ordeal with the network. "So.... You like Primal earth?"

"Oh I love it, me and the remaining seerers are talking about getting like an apartment block or something..." A slight twitch tugs at her smile. "And.... I'm sorry for the shit I did when you unplugged me a second time, I have had time to think over what I pulled from your head.... You saved my life, my soul.... And I treated you like mother would."

Katie threw her arms around Neph's neck and kissed her. "Sorry, kayIgottogonow, by the way your ass looks amazing in those pants." She blabbed before floating off to talk to another group of Seeres.

Neph gingerly tapped her lip... Did Kattie just hit on her? Surely a mind reader could tell Neph was ace? Maybe that was the panic at the end there?

She sat there, feeling slightly confused by the events that just happened.

Atlas Park.
Vanguard HQ.
Hospital ward.

Neph took a deep breath and stepped I to the room, laying on the hospital bed, leg in a cast after Calvin Scott's attack on the Praetorian refugee camp, was Katie Douglas, head of the freed Seerers of Praetoria... And source of some very confusing feelings she had talked to her family over, moving to sit in the chair next to the bed, Neph gave an awkward smile. "Hey Katie.... Doing okay?"

The Seer opened her eyes and smiled. "Hey, thought I scared you off with that kiss, had someone explain the whole LGBTQ+ thing you have going on in Primal earth.... So snogging an ace person, not my smartest hour."

Neph shifted in her seat. "No, not smart.... But that is sort of why I'm here, see I am asexual, not aromantic.... If that makes sense."

Katie screws up her face as she goes over it. "That means you don't like sex.... But like romance?"

Neph nodded, chewing her lip.

Katie sat herself up and grinned. "So... You are saying you want romance... With me?"

She nods again.

The seer reached over and took Neph's hand. "I think I like to see how that works."

Neph let out her breath, then pulled out a small chibi plushy of herself. "Also got you this.... Apparently they make them if you get popular enough.... Gods knows how they got one of me seeing all my hero work has been Preat side, but thought you might like it."

Katie squeezed the plush, a little voice coming out. "I wanna fight." The seer bursting into laughter. "I love it, now I can kiss you." She quickly places a kiss on the head of the plushy.

Neph coughed. "Not totally out of the cards." She muttered.

"What was that?"

"Nothing."
From the D
Archivist Mu'Kartesh: "Gertrude, germanic for Spear or Strength. Seraph, means Angel."
Gir feels special.
King's Row

Seraph's House.

Tish was sitting in bed, reading a book when Seraph entered, shoulders slumped. "Hard day?" She asks with a smirk, turning to a frown as he pulled off his shirt. "What is that?" She asked, pointing at his chest.

"What's what?" He asked sleepishly as she climbed out of the bed and walked up to him, poking him in his heavenly bandaged chest.

"This, why are you looking like a mummy?" She asked, peeling the bandages off to reveal a nasty burn scar that ran from Seraph's left shoulder to his right hip in an unbroken line of twisted scar tissue.

"Oh... Well I was in Cimoria, helping with that time loop again, was to close to Romulus when he got back up and he slammed his shield into me.... Do you know Nictus energy can burn like napalm? I didn't... More respect to Terr for tanking that shit."

Tish drags him to the bed and shoves him onto it. "Hey hun, not sure if we should-" He started but Tish cut him off, climbing on-top of him.

"Looks like a rush heal.... Did Rhea do this?"

"Who's that?"

"Legendary healer, has a stuffed cat, might be insane, dating Terr."

"No, someone else, didn't get the name."

Tish placed her hands to the scar, a slight vibration running through her as she used her power to accelerate the healing process, the twisted flesh smoothing out to become a more natural looking scar. "There, now it won't feel like hugging beef jerky." She says before rapping her knuckles on his head. "Be, more, careful.... I don't know what I would do with out you.... I be a horrid single mother to your growing family."

Seraph smiles softly and reaches up to stroke her cheek. "One, not dying. Two, you would do amazing, just how many young heroes have you sponsored in the decade we have been married?"

She sighs and lightly slaps his cheek. "That damn smile, you could charm the devil himself with that smile." She teases and lays down on his chest. "Now shut up, I am comfy." She reaches over for the night light. "Love you."

Seraph kisses the top of her head. "Love you too."
King's Row.

Seraph's house.

Seraph stares at the shirt his girls gave him, a picture of a phone, calling Alfred with the words underneath reading. "Call the guy."

He looks at his daughters. "I.... I don't get it."

Caroline sighs. "It's a meme dad, here." She cues a video up on her phone of a guy acting as Batman adopting many kids with the tagline. "Alfred, call the guy."

Seraph wrinkles his brow. "I.... I am not that bad, just you Caroline and Gir."

Caroline rolls her eyes when Tish enters. "Hey Seraph, there's this kid I am thinking of sponsoring, names Aura, a oni paladin! How cool is that? Think she fit in real well here."

Caroline grabs the shirt and gives it to Tish. "This might suit you better mom."

Tish looks at it and laughs. "Oh I know this meme."

Seraph facepalms slowly and feels old.
King's Row
Seraph's House

Seraph and Tish are laying in bed when Seraph has a thought. "You know.... Paragon protectors are clones sort of, right?"

Tish doesn't look up from her book, simply nodding.

"So in theory, there are clones of us."

Tish puts her book down. "Shut up."

"Or mixed DNA to make illegitimate kids."

Tish has a pillow in her hand. "Shut up."

"So we could have kids out there and never-" Seraph is cut off as Tish smothers him with a pillow. "Fuck you, I'm gonna be thinking about this all night now." She shouts.

Seraph laughs...or tries to.

Tish starts punching the pillow. "I banish you to the couch you jerk."