Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anybody here speak Norwegian?
Does anybody here speak Norwegian?
Or at least read it?

I've written a scene that's the first time two characters whose native language is Norwegian speak with each other "on-screen", so of course the conversation is in that language because why wouldn't it be? But it's a language that I can't read. We come in near the end of the conversation so there's less than a half-dozen lines.

I'm not completely convinced that Google Translate did a perfect job in translating them.

I don't need the text proofread right away (and can probably get away with footnoting it's mechanically translated), but I'd appreciate a second opinion on the translation, please.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: Does anybody here speak Norwegian?
If everyone in the scene can understand Norwegian, does it have to be in Norwegian to the reader?

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
RE: Does anybody here speak Norwegian?
(06-29-2024, 05:16 PM)Dartz Wrote: If everyone in the scene can understand Norwegian, does it have to be in Norwegian to the reader?

They switch to Japanese, then to English. I thought it would be fun to do it that way -- once.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown