Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Summer 07 Animes worth watching.
response
Quote:
For some reason Animesuki isn't listing it, but Yesy appears to have the first two episodes of Zero no Tsukaima season 2 up.
Not listed because Zero No Tsukaima is licensed.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Re: response
Yeah, but as far as I can tell Geneon only licensed the first 13 episodes, and since Animesuki still shows Nanoha StrikerS, I figured they'd still show unlicensed seasons.--
La Krueze: I just want everyone in the universe to suffer. Is that so wrong?
--
If you become a monster to put down a monster you've still got a monster running around at the end of the day and have as such not really solved the whole monster problem at all. 
Re: response
animesuki is kind of anal about licensing.
baka-updates.com is a little more sensible about it.
Re: New Summer 07 Animes worth watching.
Quote:
Lucky Star.
Let us not forget, you get to watch Lucky Channel "starring" Akira Kogami, too. It's one of the funniest Omake I've ever seen.
Re: Re: New Summer 07 Animes worth watching.
Baccano is a terrific 30s gangster anime - with a rather challengingly large cast - though considering that it's supposed to be a Highlander movie in disguise is disturbing.
Great music though - the opening song Guns and Roses reminds me of Tank from Cowboy Bebop.
For those who haven't noticed the last of the Mai Otome Zwei, number 4, is up.--
La Krueze: I just want everyone in the universe to suffer. Is that so wrong?
--
If you become a monster to put down a monster you've still got a monster running around at the end of the day and have as such not really solved the whole monster problem at all. 
Oh! Edo Rocket 11 and 12 are up.
(Now if I could only get the rest of episode 6 - I've been stuck at 86% for a couple of days... )
Edit: I should mention my slow torrents here more often. Every time I have, the torrent has finished quickly.
People are watching Oh! Edo Rocket, right? It's one of the funniest shows I've seen in a long time...
Re-edit: And now I've caught up on watching Oh! Edo Rocket. I had to put episode 12 on pause for five minutes while I laughed myself to exhaustion, it was that funny. But I've been an anime fan and known game fans for long enough to have understood most of the jokes.
Bob, you want to watch this series. No, you need to watch this series. Need as in "beware of random Lilim with copies of the Shinsen-Subs fansub of Oh! Edo Rocket, because they will totally own you" Need...

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Oh Edo Rocket episodes 13-15 are up - torrent links currently on Animesuki's main page.
Now I see why episode 12 was a laugh-riot - episode 13 was almost deathly serious. (Not that there haven't been scenes that are just as serious throughout the series, but never so many in one episode before.) The balance between drama and humour was restored in episode 14, though...

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:
Bob, you want to watch this series. No, you need to watch this series. Need as in "beware of random Lilim with copies of the Shinsen-Subs fansub of Oh! Edo Rocket, because they will totally own you" Need...
In my copious free time, I will. -- Bob
---------
One of the primary differences between the Left and the Right is their attitude toward the Future. The Radical wants the Future to have gotten here yesterday. The Reactionary wants the Future quietly shot and the corpse buried where no one can find it.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Re: Rocket Girls Episode 12
Quote:
...overall conclusion: This series rocks like it owns the place. I hope they make a second season. Grab it, watch it, love it.
I'm still catching up with shows I couldn't download over dialup, and I finally got to Rocket Girls.
Why the heck hasn't anybody mentioned this as recommended viewing for Fenspace writers yet?
And, yes, it rocks. Even if almost every adult in the cast is insane.
(Still waiting for episode 16 of Oh! Edo Rocket, though, which really should not be confused with Rocket Girls. That's a Crossover That Should Not Be...)
-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk

Re: Rocket Girls Episode 12
Quote:
And, yes, it rocks. Even if almost every adult in the cast is insane.
It sure does. And I noticed that the cracky thing about this anime is that if you don't watch out, it starts to make sense.
"Oh, a fuel tank made of super explosive fuel, good idea. Wait-a-sec..."
Shinsen-Subs is now up to episode 18 of Oh! Edo Rocket. And reviews over on Usenet (which apper not to have made it into Google's archives after a week) say this 26-episode show ends as strongly as it began...
(Edit: And now I've had a chance to watch episode 16. A little early in the series for that to happen... Looking forward to watching 17 and 18 after work.)
-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk

A little bit of thread necromancy...
They've finally finished fansubbing Oh Edo Rocket.
It's nice to see an internally-consistent series with properly-foreshadowed plot twists for a change. Now I just wonder when (or if) it'll be licenced and dubbed.
-Rob Kelk
"Actually, my goal is to write neat stories. The money just makes it possible for me to write them faster and then buy neat toys."
Ryk E. Spoor, 7 November 2007
--
Rob Kelk