Blizzard's Announcement: Starcraft II
Blizzard's Announcement: Starcraft II
www.starcraft2.com/--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
"Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right, Boo?"
Re: Blizzard's Announcement: Starcraft II
Hey, neat.
I hope they don't inflict WC3's 'heroic' unit bias on us this time, though.
Ja, -n

===============================================
"I'm terribly sorry, but I have to kill you quite horribly now."
it looks like it's composed mainly of WOO HOO and AWESOME.
Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Oh, YES.*********
Touched By His Noodly Appendage
www.venganza.org
re:
Awesome. Smile
Loved Star Craft -- was my favorite of their series by far.
Re: re:
Now that's impressive.

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
Hmph.
Meh.
Seriously, since the GameSpot coverage suggests that SCII will be just as rush-centric as its predecessor, I have a distinct lack of interest in the new game. It's hard to enjoy a game where the CPU can beat you down with half a squad of Marines before you finish building one. From what I've heard (and watched being done), the competition online is even worse.
I'll probably play the demo, hate it, and buy it anyway. Eventually. The only reason I'd go that far is because there's some sort of attitude that anybody that doesn't have Starcraft isn't a 'real' RTS gamer.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.
Re: Hmph.
Hmm on one hand this is good news.
[tongue in cheek]on the other.... we have to wait 20 years before we see this game[/tic] Tongue
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. THERE IS ONLY WAR!
-Same friend.
Wow,
Now I need to get my friend to remake his old maps, Aliens 1 and 2, when this comes out.Brown Wizard Needs Booze Badly!
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
Re: Hmph.
Regarding rush-centric tactics, that's... probably still gonna be a problem, yeah, considering the legacy of the first Starcraft. If they made Rush tactics invalid, it'd piss off a lot of fans. So they can't. It only remains to be seen if there's any new way to counteract that inherent in the system.
But... game balance and what is or isn't a valid tactic, that's very hard to do. The fact they've apparently tested this thing out the wazoo in the conception stages - or, well, so a shoutcaster friend tells me - is a hopeful sign. But then again, it may just mean a game specifically prejudiced to particular forms of play.
*shrug*
Back when I used to play Starcraft, I did almost all my gaming on a private server with friends. And we'd do things to circumvent the game mechanics, like mutual agreements not to rush, to give everyone time to build up defenses or claim territory or whatever. "Building phase". Then we'd start the war, after a agreed-upon time. It made things rather strategical.
-- Acyl