Can we talk post-modern and recursive? There is now Drunkard's Walk fanfiction being written — fanfiction of fanfiction! As I see examples and get permission from their authors, I will include links to them here, among the stories that have come to be known as "The Drunkard's Stagger" in my discussion forums.
- Audience Participation, by Sam Ashley. For once, Doug knows exactly where he's going before he gets there, and what he's going to do once he arrives. And he's going to love every minute of it.
- A Brush With the Past, by Sam Ashley. In a world seemingly empty of all inhabitants, Doug finds a mystery that will gnaw at him for the rest of his life. (If when you're done reading you're still confused, this may clear things up for you.)
- Crossroads by Shayne Dark. Technically an International Super Teams fanfic, one of a series Shayne has written. This story puts Doug together with Shayne's werewolf IST agent protagonist, Thibor Sawchyk, to investigate foul doings in a dark corner of Eastern Europe.
- A Day In The Life by Rob Kelk. Between baseball and a bridge, there is Doug... and a troubled young girl. A Princess Nine story.
- Dead Bang by Ian McLeod. This ambitious work is the official sequel to Drunkard's Walk II and has its own page.
- Deja Vu by David McMillan. Another sequel to Drunkard's Walk II, this began as a one-shot spamfic, but the author now finds himself compelled to expand on it. Goes in a wildly different direction from Dead Bang. (In progress.)
- Doug in Xanth, by Nathan Baxter. Just a few fragments, not a whole story — but fun nonetheless.
- Legend of Galactic Girls by Rob Kelk. This is more properly a Girls, Girls, Girls fic — written before I even put pen to paper to create the series to begin with! — but Doug appears in the prologue. This story is set in Fenspace, the near-future, weird-tech, shared-world neo-space-opera setting born and written on my Forums. (In progress.)
- A Message In A Bottle, by Skyefire. In a moment of need a call reaches Doug, who must find a way to respond.
- Slayers: Charm, Beauty, Destruction by Murmur the Fallen. For a long time I intended to do a Slayers Step, but in the last revision of Doug's itinerary I ended up dropping it; instead, now, here's one reader's apocryphal account of Doug's arrival and adventures in that world. (In progress.)
- "Too Many Sailors Aboard", or "A Rocky Road to Self-Realization", by Rob Kelk. Combat stress is bad enough in grown men, but in a teenaged girl? Doug must find a way to teach Sailor Venus that serious business can be fun, too.
If you've written a DW fanfic and would like to see it posted here, please email me about it. Short-short stories and spamfics are also welcome in the Drunkard's Walk discussion forums. Post them in the "General Chatter" forum of the "Drunkard's Walk" area, we'll take it from there.