If you've reached this page, you must have been ego-surfing -- Googling on your name; there's no other way to reach it. This is good; it means that you're very likely someone I once knew and have lost touch with, and with whom I'd like to get back in contact.
Who am I? I'm Bob Schroeck (Robert Schroeck to folks who knew me before college). I went to Lakehurst Elementary School in Lakehurst NJ (where I knew some of you) from 1967 to 1976, Manchester Township High School (where I knew others of you) from 1976 to 1980, and Princeton University (where I knew still more) from 1980 to 1984. I've had several jobs in Manhattan (from where I know most of the rest of you). If you have found yourself on this page, and you know or remember who I am, please email me, or if you're on Facebook, look for me there. I'd really like to hear from you.
And now, the great list of lost friends and acquaintances:
- Danny Brashears (Dan Brashears, Daniel Brashears) -- I hope I'm spelling that right; it's been a long time. Lakehurst Elementary. We were friends in a goofy "Mad Scientists' Club" kind of way. I still have your Paul Bunyan book, and have taken good care of it over the years -- would you like it back? (I think you might have borrowed a couple of my Tom Swift Jr. books the same way.)
- Sandy Chamberlain -- from MTHS. I know you're married and living on a farm somewhere in NJ, Sandy, or at least you were the last time I talked to Sue. Here's hoping you're well.
- Steve Choi -- EF Hutton, Shearson Lehman Hutton. I lost track of you after MetLife, Steve. Peg and I want to thank you (again) for introducing us to dim sum...
- Bill DeSacia (William DeSacia) -- We weren't exactly friends in
elementary and high school, although we were far from enemies. I'd
just like to apologize for my side of a long antagonism.
Found. In March 2008, I received an email from Bill's younger sister Dawn, who informed me that he'd passed away in 1994.
- Dan Dillman (Daniel Dillman) -- Dragon! I haven't heard from you since I quit Intelec in protest over its policy changes, long long ago. How are you and your wife?
- Sharla Ender and (to a lesser degree) Barbara Ender -- You were more "friends of friends", but we did do high school drama together in various combinations. I have fond memories of you and Barbara in a "sister act" in the Drama Club production of M*A*S*H...
- Cindy Goldstein (Cynthia Goldstein, Cyndi Goldstein). I still
can't get over the wonderfully bizarre and beautiful combination of
freak, fashion model and nerd you were, Cyndi. High School would
have been very different for me without you and Jodie.
Found! In June 2004, Cindy, now Cindi Cho, discovered this page and emailed me. Good to hear from you, Cindi!
- Mary Gollihugh -- You moved and vanished, Sister Mary! I heard
your girls got married, and how is your son? He'd be college age
now, wouldn't he? Please drop a line and let us know how you all are
Found. In October 2008, Mary's daughter Jodie found this page and emailed me to let me know that Mary had passed away in April 2007.
- Bob Grossman -- from MTHS. I finally took your advice when I got to college and ditched "Robert" in favor of "Bob". I haven't looked back since.
- Jon Halliday -- I knew you in the last couple years of elementary school; I envied the size of the chemistry lab you had in the basement of your house.
- Mark Hoffay -- We were friends in elementary school, before your family moved.
- Woyman Ju -- EF Hutton, Shearson Lehman Hutton. You still working in NYC, Woyman?
- Jackie McKinney (Jacqueline McKinney) -- You made a big hit at our 10th
high school reunion in 1990, but I didn't see you at any of the subsequent
ones I attended. Hope you're still doing well for yourself.
Found! Jackie and I ran into each other on Facebook in March 2011.
- Debbie O'Neill (Deborah O'Neill). We lived next door to each other in Lakehurst while we were young; I still remember you fondly.
- Alicja Ozugowski -- It's been so long that I can't remember which of the big companies in NYC we worked at together (Shearson? Deloitte & Touche?), but I do remember always trekking up to your office to do a little tech work.
- Howard Poppel and his sister Helene Poppel -- It's been over 20 years;
I hope both of you are doing well.
Found! In January 2008, Howard Poppel came across this page and contacted me by email. Thanks for writing, Howard!
- Terry Rodriguez -- We were both at the Inn at Princeton in our freshman year. We dated once -- a concert by the new Mamas and Papas in Alexander Hall. I hope you were able to extricate yourself from the problems that led to your departure from Princeton...
- Suzanne Rowden (aka Sue Rowden, Suzanne Smoke) -- MTHS and long after. You dropped off our radar (or we off yours...) after the last time Peggy and I saw you, a decade or more back. Hope all is well with you and Brian.
- Cherisa Scialdone -- From Shearson Lehman Hutton. It's been over twenty years now, but I still remember trading contact info with you when I left the company. I don't think either of us ever used it. <grin>
- Brian Smoke -- In case it's you and not Suzanne who's searching. Hope you guys are all right...
- Brian Stuart -- MTHS, of course. How's life in the movie biz
treating you these days?
Found! On Facebook in Autumn of 2009.
- Devi Sukhraj (Punwadevi Sukhraj) -- It's been a long time since we worked together at FT International Reports. Are you still the fun-loving party girl?
- Jodie Sweet (Jody Sweet?) -- I'd be remiss if I listed Cindy and not you. I haven't seen you since 1987 or so, at the Burger King at Ocean County Mall. I hope things have improved for you since then.
- Colleen Wade -- French class under Ms. Schmaeling at MTHS -- remember the definition of "une colline"? I hope the "class cutie" of 1979 is still smiling. Are you still in touch with Becky?